From Dust- OH MY GOD GAME

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
First I would like you to watch this trailer.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-from-dust/703080

Then I would like you to look around the room to find all the parts of your mind that blew away.
I mean blimey what the SMEG is up with this tec demo? I am now not sure what I am more exited by, this tec demo or Guild wars 2. And is it me or was E3 lacking entirely in cool stuff like this? And now this one week we have been subjected to all sorts of excellent trailers. But this game is the very best to me, a god game like black and white, only back to the good old days when it was just tribes and superstition. Where the thundering power of nature constantly overwhelms the tiny humans that strive to survive there. It is concepts like this that get me genuinely exited, not your everyday fodder like Modern Warfare and Fable.

So for discussion value I ask you, what game trailers have got you all exited? Is it generic shooter number 371? Another insubstantial standard RPG? Or is it as I much suspect the mind boggling trailer for a new MMORPG that begins with a "G" and ends with "uild Wars"?

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Damn, I'd heard of this game but hadn't seen it till now. It's been ages since there was a new entry into the god-game genre, I think the last was Black & White 2 and that was years ago. I *love* these sorts of games! And what's better is this looks to play like Populous, the absolutely king of the genre.

Bloody hell, I haven't been this intrigued by a game concept alone in years.

AfroTree

Feb 21, 2010
these have me excited! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102857-Resistance-3-and-New-Ratchet-Clank-Announced-Together] And I recently started playing through MGS4 again, just dealt with your beauty :p

And I just finished the "From Dust" trailer-tech demo..thing, All im saying is this is for you

Mr Companion said:

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
wow.. That got me really interested.. Never heard of this game before but that looked very fun.

But hope its not like Black and white.. never got the hang of those games..

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Well, this looks lovely and I'll probably get it, but I still can't wait for Black Ops.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Corpse XxX said:
What is there to get the hang of? The game was very simple. Pick up sheep, hurl sheep at mountain. Slap creature into unconsciousness. Pick up human, hurl human out to sea. Drop rocks on village houses. Feed people to creature. Pick up sheep, hurl sheep at humans. Pick up humans, hurl humans at sheep. Pick up rocks, hurl rocks at everything. Beat creature senseless again for giggles. Send all villagers to pray so you have energy to cast constant fireball miracles at their houses. Cast fireballs at praying villagers.

As you can probably guess, I was never brilliant at the campaigns, but my people damn well feared my constant and unpredictable wrath!

Broken Boy

Apr 10, 2010
I can't seem to find all the pieces but I know that I will have to get this game when it comes out!!!

AfroTree

Feb 21, 2010
SonicWaffle said:
Corpse XxX said:
What is there to get the hang of? The game was very simple. Pick up sheep, hurl sheep at mountain. Slap creature into unconsciousness. Pick up human, hurl human out to sea. Drop rocks on village houses. Feed people to creature. Pick up sheep, hurl sheep at humans. Pick up humans, hurl humans at sheep. Pick up rocks, hurl rocks at everything. Beat creature senseless again for giggles. Send all villagers to pray so you have energy to cast constant fireball miracles at their houses. Cast fireballs at praying villagers.

As you can probably guess, I was never brilliant at the campaigns, but my people damn well feared my constant and unpredictable wrath!
That is the most hilarious thing I have read in years, Good show sir, good show

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
Corpse XxX said:

George W. Bush, is that you?!?!?!?

Remzer

Provider of Nutrients
Jul 29, 2009
This looks absolutely splendid... I'll be on the lookout for it!

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
SonicWaffle said:
I loved playing Evil in the Black & White series. Your beast would get all scraggly, the ground would start to die, villagers would shamble like zombies with slouched shoulders, and every once and awhile if you entered your name at the start you'd hear it mingled with the whispered 'death' every time one of your pathetic little minions died.

Hope there's an option like that in this game, although I doubt it.

Ldude893 said:
Is it available on the PC? Because if it isn't, forget it.
It is.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
Corpse XxX said:

I am glad I was not the only one who aimed for the nursery when hurling fireballs at the enemy slums. After about 2 hours of ww2 style bombing with fireballs and massive bolders in the shape of heads the enemy tend to give in, because all their people are dead. Unfortunately its about this point that I realise I was supposed to capture the town not incinerate it, as feckin entertaining as that is. :D

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Mr Companion said:
I am glad I was not the only one who aimed for the nursery when hurling fireballs at the enemy slums. After about 2 hours of ww2 style bombing with fireballs and massive bolders in the shape of heads the enemy tend to give in, because all their people are dead. Unfortunately its about this point that I realise I was supposed to capture the town not incinerate it, as feckin entertaining as that is. :D
Enemy? What enemy? I spent all my time bombing my own villages :-D

The Madman said:
I loved playing Evil in the Black & White series. Your beast would get all scraggly, the ground would start to die, villagers would shamble like zombies with slouched shoulders, and every once and awhile if you entered your name at the start you'd hear it mingled with the whispered 'death' every time one of your pathetic little minions died.
I don't think I ever got to a point where I made the world go evil, I always faded because everyone who believed in me was either starving to death from excessive praying or on fire...

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
SonicWaffle said:
Mr Companion said:

The Madman said:
I don't think I ever got to a point where I made the world go evil, I always faded because everyone who believed in me was either starving to death from excessive praying or on fire...
I feel like playing black and white again also I think your avatar is perfect for this topic

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
SonicWaffle said:
Too Chaotic Evil to sustain life, eh? I can understand that.

You should give it another go though. All the flora starts dying and the buildings begin to crumble and take on a cheap 'falling apart' look, while the villagers when you zoom in spend their time either muttering to themselves miserably or crying. Best part was your creature would turn all scarred and scraggly, taking on a malnourished look because apparently villagers aren't all that healthy for you, and in the absolute most evil stages their footprints would kill the land wherever they went leaving blacked marks across the ground.

Best part of the Black & White series, you know, pets aside. Few other games made me feel so deliciously evvvvviiiiillll as Black & White.

Lust

Mar 23, 2010
I remember seeing this at E3.

It looks fun, I don't know why. Just wielding all that kind of power in a game. I'm lovin' the concept already.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
Mr Companion said:
Yeah I guessed you were just going after your own villages, but I was just remembering all the horrid things I used to do to the enemy. I did some pretty cool tactics. Like one time I used a poison mushroom to poison some food, then I gave the food to my enemy, the entire village gets poisoned. Then once they are all dying and suffering to the fullest I use heal miricals and they are all like "Oh my thank you god for saving our village!" and I am all like "MWA HAHA FOOLISH IGNORANT MORTALS". Anyway thats the sort of thing you cant do in games these days, you cant get inventive. Black and white was awesome and I am glad you had lots of fun with wanton destruction and mayhem!