From Dust requires you to make a Uplay account?

JoshasorousRex

Dec 5, 2008
So I just got From Dust on Steam and I was disgusted when I found out I had to sign up for Uplay. Before that I had to wait for patches to download which bothered me because when I download games from Steam I assume all the patches would be downloaded and I would be able to start playing right away. Uplay unnecessary and I don't want to give my information and my email away for anymore accounts. Steam already verifies that I own the game so why do I need Uplay? I also am not going to be using Uplay because I don't care about all their "bonuses". This really pisses me off to no end.

Is there anyway to play From Dust without Uplay?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Yeah, it's becoming a real pain with every damn company trying to shove their aaccount down your throat. Steam already works as DRM. We shouldn't need to screw around with anything else when buying games off it.

Oh, and Ubisoft? Nobody, fucking nobody, gives the slightest vestige of a damn about bloody Uplay.

I bet the pirates don't have to deal with Uplay.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
While I agree that your frustration is understandable and your preferences reasonable, I should point out that Steam does post warnings about mandatory accounts on the store pages of any games that have them. You should read the store page more carefully in the future before making a purchase.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Play it on consoles. :p

But then the entire game is basically just a tech demo anyway.