From Japan, With Love: Pokemon Lingerie Line Announced

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
From Japan, With Love: Pokemon Lingerie Line Announced

So stunning, you might need paralyze heal.

The Pokemon Company has partnered with Japanese lingerie company Yummy Mart to create a line of Pokemon-inspired lingerie. Whether you want to cover your Jigglypuffs or let someone get a Pikachu, Yummy Mart has you covered. Items will go on sale April 20 - except for the amazing plush Pikachu bra, sadly that doesn't appear to be for sale - and include panties, a cape, and even a Poke Ball toiletry case.

The line appears to be the latest way The Pokemon Company is celebrating the franchise's 20th Anniversary - which The Escapist spent a week celebrating in February [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166521-20th-Anniversary-of-Pokemon-Is-Coming-on-February-27th].

There's not much more I can say, especially since most of the puns I've thought up are borderline inappropriate, so here's a gallery.

[gallery=6145]

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I rarely say this, but yeah. Okay. I'm on board. Anything that combines skinny hot asian chicks with...literally anything else, I'm okay with.

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
Wow those items are expensive. $55 + tax for the hoodie lookalike in the middle? $60 + tax for the undershirt and underpants? Yikes.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
EndlessSporadic said:
Wow those items are expensive. $55 + tax for the hoodie lookalike in the middle? $60 + tax for the undershirt and underpants? Yikes.
as the third law of women's clothing states, the less fabric the garment contains, the more expensive it becomes

the corollary is that it is always more expensive than the same product labelled for men or unisex

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Isn't underwear with Pokemon on it common as hell? Like, turn on any camming site, look for the geeky girls and voila.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
The lingerie company is called Yummy Mart.
That's golden.

Oh, I read the rest, yeah, I'm just focusing on one of the more important parts.
"More important than boobs and Pikachu?"
Hm, I'm not gay but I might be gay.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
In future anime when the clumsy protagonist steals or falls face first into a line filled with panties it's gonna be okay; he can avoid a beating by swearing he just REALLLLLY wants to complete his Pok?mon collection!

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Not as sexy as the official sailor moon underwear, prolly since they missed the golden opportunity for a pokeball bra. Pokeballs even look as thought they have nipples. Come on yummy mart!

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
This had so much potential. We saw Mega Charizard X and Y cosplayers at PAX and they looked sexy as hell. If a home made costume can beat a professional lingerie line, they are in trouble.

The thing that bothers me most is Pikachu's childish design in that format reeks of paedophilia.

The coat is probably the thing I have the most problem with. Simplistic childish design. The Pikachu Underwear, at least looks like an adult would wear it. The rest just looks like normal PJ's, which is also weird because you can get a lot of pokemon PJ stuff for adults anyway... and much much cheaper.

Here is how it should be done. Even a toned down version of this Umbreon outfit = actually sexy.

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/pokemon.jpg

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
It's Japan. Weird things that people wouldn't expect in Western society is like Tuesday in Japan.

Redlin5 said:
This is now on my girlfriend's radar. Thanks Escapist. XD
Wait. Why are you complaining that lingerie is on her radar?

K12

Dec 28, 2012
There's no bra with pokeball shaped cups! I'd have thought that would be the very first thing you'd come up with.

...also there's definitely some pokemon themed underwear already right? Isn't that on the standard merch cash-in list?

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
I think we all expected changes with Nintendo's new president, but I don't think anyone was expecting this.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
While the idea itself is not a bad one, it's pretty apparent that they either,

1. Only have a license to make lingerie featuring Pikachu and Pokeballs

or

2. Have apparently 0 imagination. I've already seen at least 2 posters above me here that have posted some great ideas including Umbreon and Charizard X.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
...it looks like they caught wild pikachu's and skinned them.

Which, admittedly, is still an aesthetic some people enjoy, it's just a... weird one to see, is all.