FrontierVille Breaks Five Million in Two Weeks

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Enigmers said:
So is this one any different or are they just copypasta-ing their old games with some new hats and half a new name?
That are blindly trying to copy Oregon Trail with this game?

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
Blimey said:
Is it just me, or is the bear in the picture awesome looking?
Uh, holy fucking shit YES! I would play the game if it watching the bear stumbling across a wagon carrying a family of settlers and ripping them to shreds. Man, they should make a game where you just play as a bear, doing bear things and mauling people.

It would be called Beary McBear's Fantastic Adventure, and it would be great.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
In a retail box at Best Buy, it's called shovelware, but stick it on Facebook and it's a "social media phenomenon". Facebook games make the baby Jesus cry.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
chickencow said:
Jaredin said:
It annoys me people are just gulliable enough to actually like these games
So, if someone likes a game that you don't, they're gullible?
If people who play a game just because it's in 90% the same as the previous one, with some paintjob on the walls here and there and half of a name changed, are not gullible, then I don't know who is.

Also applies to people who bought every single edition of Guitar Hero or EA games.

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
Oh joy another Zynga thread. Because everyone loves a bawwwfest, I wonder how they're going to be big evil overlords of the dirty casual gamers this time.
Abedeus said:
chickencow said:
Jaredin said:
If people who play a game just because it's in 90% the same as the previous one, with some paintjob on the walls here and there and half of a name changed, are not gullible, then I don't know who is.

Also applies to people who bought every single edition of Guitar Hero or EA games.
Or you know, they just enjoy it.

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
Chipperz said:
I'm going to be honest, I tried playing this, seeing as Red Dead Redemption has left me in a trance-like state, looking for any way I can continue getting my Wild West fix withjout going back to the gradually less and less entertaining multiplayer...
Try playing some Fistful of Frags, its a HL2 multiplayer mod, it's quite fun.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
Hmm, first a was tempted to try this to let me continue my western adventure from red dead redemption but it ain't worth signing up on, uhh... facebook...

Tattaglia said:
Blimey said:
Uh, holy fucking shit YES! I would play the game if it watching the bear stumbling across a wagon carrying a family of settlers and ripping them to shreds. Man, they should make a game where you just play as a bear, doing bear things and mauling people.

Nah, they would just name it bearville... It would be a awesome game though.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
NickCooley said:
Oh joy another Zynga thread. Because everyone loves a bawwwfest, I wonder how they're going to be big evil overlords of the dirty casual gamers this time.
Abedeus said:
chickencow said:
Jaredin said:

Or you know, they just enjoy it.
Well, I guess the possibility of letting other people rip you off and take advantage of you CAN be stimulating. Whatever floats your boat, right?

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
What a coincidence, today was the first time Frontierville popped up on my facebook homepage. Took 5 seconds to block it.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Stay away from WW2 ville you monster!

OT: eh, if he likes selling shallow skins of his old game who am i, or the developers of F.E.A.R, to complain.

TheBoulder

Nov 11, 2009
Abedeus said:
chickencow said:
Jaredin said:

What if they liked the previous games? They're not gullible, it's just opinion, you know, that little thing that quite a few Escapists know about, but apperently you don't.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
chickencow said:
Abedeus said:
chickencow said:
Jaredin said:

What if they liked the previous games? They're not gullible, it's just opinion, you know, that little thing that quite a few Escapists know about, but apperently you don't.
It's also my OPINION they are gullible as hell. Situation:

Game from XXX appears, with half of a title from their previous "hit" game, and people blindly rush to it just because it's an XXX game.

Gullibility, fanboyism, fanaticism, it's all the same thing here.

Oh, and it was my opinion. Stop telling me it's wrong.

Blimey

Nov 10, 2009
Tattaglia said:
Blimey said:

Oh goddamn that would be so awesome! See, developers need to think about things like this, instead of sequels to shitty games. I mean think about the multiplayer! One team is the hapless settlers, trying to get across the pass. The other team is a horde of hungry, angry, homicidal bears. I can see the carnage already. And it would be joyous.

Jun 6, 2009
I'm trying it as I type.

Not something that would hold my interest.

Yet what's scary is that I have friends who spend 7 hours a day already sometimes on this.

It's scary. Luckily I don't have to do anything seeing as friends of mine are doing all my work for me for extra XP.