Frozen 2 Is Happening, Says Elsa's Voice Actor

THM

Sep 27, 2014
Gordon_4 said:
I personally think they should throw caution to the wind and do something like this:

I'd watch a movie like that. Warrior queen and warrior princess defend their home? Sure, why not. It'd be a refreshing change of pace.

INeedAName

Feb 16, 2011
Eh. I don't think Frozen needs a sequel. It was good in itself and perfectly self-contained.

(Of course, that's never stopped Hollywood before...)

I suppose it's not the worst property to give a sequel to, however.

(Cars 2, I'm looking at you!)

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
Mr.Mattress said:
Disney Animation Studio+Direct Sequel=It has never worked ever.

Even with the new Management in place, I highly doubt they could make a Frozen 2 work. Eisner's crew couldn't make The Rescuers Down Under work, and from what I've seen, that movie was much better then the original The Rescuers. Disney just shouldn't ever do Direct Sequels, because they either fail profit wise (Rescuers Down Under) or just flat-out suck (All the Direct-to-Video Spinoffs at the end of the Eisner era).

A Frozen 2 will sadly fail...
Do you know why that is? Its because those direct to video sequels are not made by the main animation house. They outsource it to Disney Toon Studios otherwise known as their B team essentially.

Entitled

Aug 27, 2012
MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW!

Jandau said:
Seriously, this is quite unnecessary. Frozen was a good film, I liked it quite a bit. But it doesn't need a sequel.
Frozen might have been good, but there was no "need" for it either, we would be fine without it.

Entertainment is not about need, it's about want. Sure, frozen had a solid story with an ending, but I WANT more. So why not? The first movie won't get any worse from it, but the second might also end up being good on it's own right.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Damn you Bob!
Yes I blame you since you brought the topic of sequels by the main animation studio up in your Big Hero 6 review!
Now look what you have done?

Seriously that is exactly what we don?t need. I really do like Frozen but I don?t want the Walt Disney Animation Studios to make sequels. I want them to do new stuff.
So in short: Bad idea... bad idea...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
To all the haters of this news...

this is how Disney is currently thinking of your opinions on sequels.

(ignore the end bit xD)

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Frozen is the most overrated Disney film of all time. The plot was predictable and not very exciting. The music wasn't that good. The only character I liked was the fucking reindeer. Oh yeah, for the whole "it's the first Disney film where she don't need no man to save the day" *cough* Brave did it first *cough* and to some extent Mulan as well.

I'll let HISHE take over from here:

Worst fucking parents ever. I feel like I'm the only one who noticed that while watching the movie.

Entitled

Aug 27, 2012
Ishigami said:
I really do like Frozen but I don?t want the Walt Disney Animation Studios to make sequels. I want them to do new stuff.
Disney isn't doing "new stuff" they are doing adaptions and reimaginations at best, anyways. So why not sequels?

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
Gordon_4 said:
Armadox said:
We're not likely to get a Wreck It Ralph sequel, as it takes MANY companies sayng yes for that to happen, and after the success of the last one, the money they'd want for the use of their characters has probably sky rocketed. As for Frozen? I don't mind a sequel, as long as they go to war, as other kingdoms learn of the queen witch on her frozen throne..
Sure, declare war on the woman who can snap-freeze a continent when she's having a panic attack because there is no way that giving her a legitimate target and a reason to hurt you could possibly backfire.....

I mean it would be awesome as shit, but it would be a terrible idea :p Also, someone mentioned that Frozen was a good deal of deconstruction of the Disney Princess formula; so why not use it's sequels to build up the first Disney Queen is is both alive, not evil and not a mother (and ergo in no danger of immediate death).

I personally think they should throw caution to the wind and do something like this:
There is obviously magical beasts in this world. So, how about this: Frozen 2 starts with it being summer. Then suddenly a great darkness spreads across the land, as a fire lord from the desert kingdom next door starts on a path to scorch the surrounding kingdoms. The Ice Queen gathers an army and it becomes a huge war of ice golems, rock trolls and hill giants she'd meet along the way versus hellhounds, fire imps, and dragons.
The fight is huge waves of fire and great spires of ice as they fight each other to a stand still. Then she gets into the hallowed castle of the fire lord to find that he was simply lonely. They fall for each other, cause Disney. end credits. Run time: 90 minutes, 75 of them magical elemental duel.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Oh, fer...

Yes, you can't do another Frozen movie without Menzel. Her voice is too important to the character, not to mention her vocal range and dexterity made songs like "Let it Go" work in the first place.

That said, it's hard to imagine a Frozen 2 being anything but a disaster. What are they going to do? Bring in the romance(s) that the original so studiously avoided and/or subverted? Send the kingdom to war? Introduce direct-to-video-style animal sidekicks as comic relief? Take away Elsa's powers for some heavy-handed, cliched message about the power of being yourself or the real power being in your heart?

There are so many ways this can go wrong, it's hard for me to imagine a sequel with anything other than dread.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Uriel_Hayabusa said:
an annoyed writer said:
As for my thoughts on a sequel, I'm kinda with everyone else here in wondering where it could all go from there. I mean, I don't think there is nowhere it could go, but I think that where it should go will be a very hard question to answer,
Not G. Ivingname said:
Where can a Frozen 2 really go? It was a nice, self contained story, that didn't leave any threads for a sequel to really pick up on.
Personally, I think it would be really interesting to tell a story about Elsa as a ruler: learning to be a good queen and having to make tough choices and sacrifices, maybe explore how it changes her relationship with Anna. That would make for an interesting premise.
Sounds too much like Fable 3. Will she fart at people to earn their affection?

They'll probably go down the line of Elsa being lonely and the main plot is the city is threatened by some minor crisis tangentially related to her ice powers, with a side plot of her meeting a strong strapping bloke with massive equality undertones as they decide together to form a relationship.

Also there will be a Snow-woman for Olaf to fall in love with, and her defining feminine characteristic will be a pink bow, I'm calling it now.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It not suprising consider from a business point of view (seriously I read the news that a Frozen shop open in the UK and they were sold out of everything on openning day) and it's Disney! I mean they make direct to tv sequel to some of their films including the old ones like Cinderella!

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Callate said:
What are they going to do? Bring in the romance(s) that the original so studiously avoided and/or subverted? Send the kingdom to war?
OOOHHHH!

All the kingdoms could go to war and there'd be a massive Disney Princess smackdown. We have Batman verses Superman, why not Frozen verses Cinderella?
Robin Hood verses Mulan.
Sleeping Beauty verses Pocahontas.
101 Dalmations verses Lady and the Tramp.
Basil the Great Mouse Detective verses The Rescue Rangers!

Disney meets Game of Thrones. Epic.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
arc1991 said:
To all the haters of this news...

this is how Disney is currently thinking of your opinions on sequels.

(ignore the end bit xD)
You don't need to ignore the last bit, Disney was clearly never bothered by the critical panning the sequels got, probably because of the whole "it's only the B-Team stuff".

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Vault101 said:
but what fascinates me about this is we've never had a proper sequel to a Disney Princess movie...I mean honest to god "were actually trying" sequel, what happens after the happy ending? you know?
Well they didn't marry Elsa off to anyone, so they got that.

I mean, I can see ways the plot could go from here, but I'm afraid they're just gonna go with the easy way out and make it about Elsa finding tru luv and a king. Not a prince, obviously, but a king, obviously because a queen needs a king etc etc.

PiPPUMAX

Mar 4, 2012
Is this big news? I've never seen Frozen so I'm confused is this like a thing? SOMEONE HELP ME

CloudKiller

Rather Irritated Mage
Jun 30, 2008
I teach 5-6 year old children. The last year of my life has included a background track of 5 year old girls singing these damn songs over and over and mostly out of tune. They've only just stopped doing it, please don't do this. Won't someone please think of the teachers!

Dagda Mor

Jun 23, 2011
Not surprised. On the one hand, I do want to see what happens after the end of Frozen. On the other hand, Disney sequels suck. Honestly, I'd be happiest with a short work that explores what happens now that Elsa is accepted by her people. If it introduces a new villain, that's probably a good sign that it'll suck.