Fruits; One of the two most delicious food groups

Kizi

Apr 29, 2011
I'm a pretty simple guy when it comes to fruits and vegetables. My favourite fruit would be apples, followed by bananas.
Oooo, and kiwi, though I hardly ever buy kiwi.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
dragonfruit. it looks awesome, it smells awesome, it tastes awesome. my least favourite has to be peaches. i dont know why, i always perceive it as sweet , something wrong with my taste buds, according to the doctor.

le dragonfruit:

looks like a fireball you can eat.

R0cklobster

Sep 1, 2008
Dates are fucking delicious, but only when you get decent ones that aren't pitted. I really hate soft apples, nowhere near as good as crunchy ones.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Oooh, favourite fruit? Apples, easily. Crisp Royal Gala's in particular, but any ripe apple is good. XD

Second favourite? Easily mangoes. But bananas are very close behind. And there's a fruit which is grown in South Africa, which I can only find canned back here in Aus... But when eaten fresh over there, good lord they're tasty. I can never remember their name though...
Then Watermelons, then possibly pomegranates or lychees? Wait, no, Kiwifruit is pretty spectacular too, especially the golden ones.
Ooh, can't forget the cherries and berries. Anything with "berry" in it's name at least, yes I do know that some of them aren't even techinically berries, don't care, they're still tasty to me.
I'm gonna stop this list here, lest I go on to list every fruit I've ever tried.

I haven't yet eaten a fruit I've disliked (apart from ones which weren't ripe enough, or were too ripe), but I've heard that durian is particularly smelly (when cooked at least) and terrible tasting... So of course I want to at least give that a go some point. Even if it's just to finally be able to say that there is a fruit I dislike. :p

But yes. I'm a man of simple pleasures. Give me a nice, ripe, crisp apple, and I'm happy. At least for however long it takes me to finish it.
Here at Uni, my food bought each week is pretty limited, but you can bet that I'll at least get some apples each week if I can help it.

Aeriath

Sep 10, 2009
I'm probably a bit boring with my selection, but I'm partial to red apples, grapes and raspberries. Me and Citrus has a falling out, so I don't eat many oranges etc.

I think you are mistaken about the title of this thread btw. Besides meat the other delicious food groups are chocolate and sugar. Fruit is alright, not awesome, but alright. At least it isn't vegeatbles. I'm from Scotland. We don't do vegetables here, unless it's a potato.