"Frumpy Mom" Says Videogames Made by the Devil

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
"Frumpy Mom" Says Videogames Made by the Devil

According to a staff writer at The Orange County Register, videogames were created by Satan to turn children into "drooling, glassy-eyed stooges." And it gets worse from there.

Marla Jo Fisher refers to herself as a "Frumpy Middle-Aged Mom" on The Mom Blog. Her post from December 27th was called Jean Teasdale [http://themomblog.freedomblogging.com/2009/12/27/video-games-were-invented-by-the-devil/42149/], her anti-gaming message is all too real.

"After my son plays [games] at his friends' houses, he comes home irritable and testy for the rest of the day," she said. "Even though his skin is normally mocha-colored, after a day spent in a darkened room with a controller in his hand, he comes home with a sickly pallor."

Fisher goes on complaining that she sees kids playing games everywhere, "On one horrible afternoon that scarred me for life, I even saw a kid walking out of the public library playing a Nintendo DS."

From there, she extrapolates that kids are dumb and starts rewriting history:

When do kids ever think these days? When do they ever have brains free from electronics long enough to ponder the universe? To think of things that might someday lead them to a cure for cancer?

If Sir Isaac Newton had been playing a DS, I'm sure he never would have noticed the apple falling from the tree, so he never would have formulated the theory of gravity.

I'm going to refrain from commenting further on this article. I leave that to you, faithful denizens.

Source: Orange County Register [http://themomblog.freedomblogging.com/2009/12/27/video-games-were-invented-by-the-devil/42149/]

(Image [http://www.flickr.com/photos/ffg/3381392807/])

Tzekelkan

Dec 27, 2009
Such ignorance is staggering. This... this can't be real. Scarred for- Bwuh? Hugwooba speechless.

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
Facedesk. These kind of people make me either want to laugh very hard or just cry.

And Isaac Newton would have just played that gravity game for DS :p

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Awwwwwwwwwwwww, shit. Does anyone have that "Islam is the Light" Penny Arcade comic? Thanks, theflyingpeanut!

Patricius

Nov 25, 2009
-_-
*Facepalm*
And I thought that woman rambling on about Pokemon was bad. (Wait...I think it was worse.)

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
I'm surprised she knows who Isaac Clark Newton is. I'm surprised she knows what a DS is. My parents call mine a "gameboy", in the snarkiest sense of the word. It sounds like "pokeman".

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
In related news, the sky is purple, Human beings have an exoskeleton, our brains are where are hearts should be, and that woman is absolutely right.

dark_taint92

That's Cap'n Taint to you
Jan 26, 2009
Furburt said:
Damn it, she got us there.

Hail satan!
im with your furburt if games are made by the devil the devil rocks.
and religous zealots from amercia these days when they cant find anything to exorcise they try to bash video game. NO DEAL LADY YOU DONT SEE ME BANISHING CHRISTIANITY!

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
tellmeimaninja said:
Overly-religious extremely conservative people are idiots. End of story.

If video games are made by the devil, then call me satanist and give me something to sacrifice.
I agree 110%
This is downright ridiculous. I only wish this was coming from The Onion

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Greg Tito said:
I'm going to refrain from commenting further on this article. I leave that to you, faithful denizens.
Why thank you

*ahem*

What a fucking moron

Thank you and goodnight!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Maybe if she was less of an annoying irraditional *****, her son wouldn't feel the need to escape to go and play video games.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Look, just because I worship the devil doesn't mean that everyone who plays video games is, and just because I play a lot of video games doesn't mean that they are made by the great master of all devil.

reyttm4

Mar 7, 2009
tellmeimaninja said:
If video games are made by the devil, then call me satanist and give me something to sacrifice.
If I see her, I'll post her to you and you can give her a good ol' sacrificing.

OT: I really hate people like this that overuse the word Devil and Satan. I guess she's forgotten that Satan's the fellow that opposed god, lives in an endless cave riddled with fire and death and would kill everyone on the world if he(?) could. So when I load up a game I'm attempting to enslave earth?

orangebandguy

Jan 9, 2009
I really don't like people like that. Ignorance is one of the few things that genuinely grind my gears.

Oh well, I'm not going to blame Christianity as a whole over it. She's just one person in the grand scheme of things.