"Fuck this" moments

GotMurf

Nov 5, 2009
Perfect Dark, getting a perfect run of Area 51 and Carrington Institute- Defense made me tear my hair out. I was always a huge fan of it back on the N64, so I got the re-release on XBLA and thought my FPS skills had improved enough to finish Perfect Agent without much trouble.
My oh my was I wrong. xD

CowboyfromHell666

Jan 14, 2010
OptimusPrime33 said:
MW2, Spec Opps, Alone, Veteran, Armor Piercing.

I did that in one attempt on my own on Veteran. Not saying it wasn't easy at all, but I pulled it off, and I renewed my faith in God that day

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
Zelda: Wind Waker when you have to collect the eight triforce pieces and collect enough rupees to hire Bill Gates as a servant.

Also, the first 30 seconds of Xenosaga 2, when you realize you need a magnifying glass to read the text. Only game I've ever bought but never played.

h3lblad3

Feb 4, 2010
That mirror fight to become a paladin on Final Fantasy II for the SNES.

I repeatedly received an whoopin'. REPEATEDLY.
SOOOO ANGGRRRYYYYY!

And then my sister's boyfriend says, "Dude, you're not supposed to attack."

?!?!?!?!
My. Mind. Exploded.

Comma-Kazie

Sep 2, 2009
For a frustrated "fuck this," I refer you to the cabin level of Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran and leave it at that.

A more panicked "fuck this" (and arguably the better type to experience of the two), I recall saying that out loud the first time Holliday got ripped to shreds in FEAR: Extraction Point. That was the best "shit just got real" moment in my gameplay experience until I saw the Reaper fleet at the end of Mass Effect 2.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
EBHughsThe1st said:
The Africa level in Sonic Unleashed. Good god.
All of Sonic Unleashed was "fuck this" moment for me.

Also earning a new spell in Blue Dragon and realise to use with your preferred setup you have to grind for a few hours. Fuck That. It's the main reason I haven't finished it yet.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
Booze Zombie said:
Modern Warfare 2's online community regulary make me do "fuck this" moments, either with me quitting or pulling out as much explosives as possible.
Noobtube + grenades + rocket launcher + disregard for own survival = win, wheeeeee!

Headless Zombie

Feb 18, 2009
I was playing Civ4: Beyond the sword with the rhye's and fall mod that played through historical situations (more or less) Playing as Germany I had taken out most nearby countries at which point my empire decided it would be a good time for civil war.

I guess I'm not that good of an emperor.

nin_ninja

Nov 12, 2009
StarStruckStrumpets said:
Elder. Fucking. Wyrm.

Also, every FF boss in XIII with over a million health. It takes the piss, seriously...
Freiking Rakk's at lvl 40, me lvl 25.

Ferrell

Mar 26, 2009
Jughead said:
Superman 64. Thats all I have to say...
HAHH, oh my god that was the most epicly terrible game I have had the misfortune to play. At least I didn't buy it (was a mate's).

TheTrojanBadger

Apr 16, 2009
One time in Shadowrun, the game was so laggy that the enemy team was able to through grenades through walls and right to our spawn point, killing about half the team.

"Fuck this!"

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Most recently, Pokemon Heartgold - Trainer Red - "This is so awesome, I'm fighting red...WTF LVL 88 PIKACHU!? LAPARAS!? SNORLAX!? FUCK THIS SHIT!"

other than that, I was once dared to play MGS1 on European Extreme. Took me less than an hour to put down the control and rage.

TF2 has some stellar moment of rage as well. All within seconds of each other: "SPY SAPPIN MY SENTRY!" "SPY SAPPIN MY TELEPORTER!" "SPY SAPPIN MY DISPENSER!" "well there goes my whole set up."

LWS666

[Speech: 100]
Nov 5, 2009
legion431 said:
Halo Wars, the Super Scarab, on legendary.

That...Bloody...SCARAB...AAAAAHHHHHH *head explodes*
thee's a glitch for that level, make one infantry squad and make them get into a sniper tower, the scarab wil keep trying to hit them and i think it always misses. i haven't tried it myself but i heard about it.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Zhytomyr said:
Iwata said:
Zhytomyr said:
the moment i hear a foreigner over my xbox live mic, makes every muscle in my head contract as i pull out the mic jack especially this one german kid from yesterday atrocious pitch on the lingo he spoke!!!!!
Wow... that came off as incredibly douchebaggy. Not to mention xenophobic. Or just plain retarded.
the title of the thread is "fuck this moment's" so sorry if i told u relative story of how i got pissed off with an irritating underage tard squealing down my headset, also yes i am xenophobic i fuckin hate aliens ;) you p.c. trollin g.i.m.p.
AW, aren't you cute?! Who said trolls can't be nice?

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
Starting L4D2 and realizing what I had WASTED my money on. Bioshock 2 had a little bit of that to.

LWS666

[Speech: 100]
Nov 5, 2009
bad company 2.

i'm on like level 3, i bombard a house with grenades and 40MM launched grenades, when the squad leader shouts "ALL CLEAR, MOVE UP!".

i am then insta-killed by two guys at point blank range with shotguns who were hiding in the house i was bombarding. i have only played multiplayer since.