"Fuck this" moments

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Someone gave me this free "Deer Hunter 5(?)" game. The closest thing to a sports game I'd played before that was the original Oregon Trail. I couldn't get that broken piece of shit to work & there were never any patches released. Worst $5 I ever spent :(

MetalMonkey74

Jul 24, 2009
The Witcher

effing loading screens, effing clicky combat

less than 1 hour in the game led to a Fuck This moment

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
The Burining Bridges level in Resistance:Fall of Man, I got really angry every time I was killed due to enemies either spawning from all directions or constantly flanking me so I couldn't make use of the cover.

Womplord

Feb 14, 2010
Ah, my old nintendo 64, covered in holes, scratches and marks. So many times have I thrown controllers at it... playing almost every nintendo game I had. The bloody things don't break.

Plenty 'fuck this moments' playing perfect dark on perfect agent. When I got to the end of one of the levels and died literally as the end cutscene started I threw the controller so hard that the trasfer pack broke and there is now a big hole in the nintendo.

Majere613

Sep 17, 2008
Skipped to the end since I have to go, so apologies if this has come up already.

My most recent FTM was Tekken 6, online. I'd been gradually getting to learn how to play Julia, reaching 3rd Dan. I know this is not a high rank. Almost directly after the promotion to 3rd, I got a string of opponents of Berserker, Mentor and other 'named' ranks, plus a few Beginners. I beat all the Beginners and a few of the higher ranks.

Next thing I know: Demotion risk match for me vs a Marauder. That ranking system was written by monkeys on crack.

I now know the secret is to only play at weekends where there are more low-rankers on, but that was a serious moment of rage, I can tell you.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
its a ah shit moment more then what the topic is about but i may have killed a enemy before i knew i needed something from them

purplegothchick

Mar 19, 2009
Iwata said:
Two spring to mind: the favela level in MW2
Ze_Reaper_Of_Zeath said:
Modern Warfare 2 Veteran Mode. I peek my head out for more than 2 seconds, BAM I die.
TheFacelessOne said:
legion431 said:
Edit: Oh yeah, the Favela level in MW2. It was hard on normal, but veteran? Forget 'bout it.
THIS!!! I completed it last night on Veteran. It was the closest I have ever come to controller-snapping fury in my life. I got stuck on one particualr bit and I had to do it over and over and over again until I thought my eyeballs were starting to bleed...
Seriously, this is the only game I've ever played that has had this effect on me. That fucking favela will haunt me for years.

RADlTZ

Nov 19, 2009
Ninja Gaiden 2, Master Ninja, spent forever on the fight outside the statue with the Lunar Staff, finally got through it with suprising style and finess. Oh theres one guy left. Lets cut him. Oh hes stuck behind a pole and i cant damage him. Fire ball out of the ground. Indominable spirit? Not today. NG1 I think was harder, but one day something clicked in my head and I became epic at it, NG2 wasnt as satisfying imo.

CoD 4, in veteran, the AI on my side are happy to sit back and watch as I get reduced to a stain on the floor while assulting the small garden shed that apparently has unlimited enemies spawning inside. Try a stealth method, jump up some crates to the roof of a house, about to climb through the window, an enemy casually makes his way through it first, he's invincible while doing this it seems, I die. Try again, on the roof, dump all my nades through the window. I am mauled by a dog. How did the dog get on the roof =/

DBZ Burst limit, I might have manned through this in its hardest mode, but the unskippable drama cutscenes grated at my patience every time I had to try a fight again.

Destroy all humans: PotF, when it killed, in my mind, what was on its way to be a brilliant series. Still have 1 and 2 at least.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Marmal4de said:
I got extremely frustrated getting through Favela on Veteran. at some point I just got stuck for ages in this house where peeking outside of the door gets you slaughtered.
Yeah, that's pretty much the only way to do it. Ignore the icons, and just use the thumbsticks to aim the Star Destroyer towards you. Left thumb controls yaw, and the right one controls pitch, if I'm not mistaken.

Once you ignore it, it's simply a matter of, you know... enduring it.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
legion431 said:
Halo Wars, the Super Scarab, on legendary.

That...Bloody...SCARAB...AAAAAHHHHHH *head explodes*
you found that hard? i just zerg rushed it with marines using RPG's, it can only kill a couple of them with each shot and their so cheap i had a long line from my base leading up to the scarab.

eelel

May 29, 2009
tony2077 said:
Spazztic said:
eelel said:
For me it has to be the normal Pokemon gym leader in Hart Gold. She healed her damn Milktank so many f***ing times that I actualy yelled at cussed her out.
Anything with a recovery move, but this screams GODFUCKINGDAMNIT more than anything else.
doesn't seem like a tough battle just use the counter to the pokemon
I was and she kept on recovering using items or a recover move.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
Mass Effect 1. I was trying to get to this mission and I died and was forced to drive the Mako again. That's when I stopped playing ME1.

GameSlave15

Feb 8, 2010
mw2 the area outside the white house was retardely dificult for me i died about 50 times until i rage quit. enemies hitting me from well beyond thier actuall line of vision is bullshit

Dark Angel Warlord

Mar 20, 2010
playing superman N64 you scream FUCK THIS till ur blood boils in ur eyes and they explode...

pretty much every cheap ass time i got killed in any RPG game then realized i forgot to save and had to start over FUCK THIS

getting far ahead in any game then realize theres no memory card in the console FUCK THIS

playing games with horrible voice overs or bad bad plot

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
hello. I am a pokemon trainer. I am training a hitmonchan. Whats this? a graveler? Thats a rock type, which hitmonchan is super effective against with his moves. lets battle.

Hitmonchan uses Hi jump kick (egg move)

graveler has 2 hp left.

the wild graveler uses self destruct.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

X3

I hate that pokemon, except my own rocky.

gotta lurve the rocky.

rosac

Silent Eagle

Mar 11, 2010
just people on xbox live that cheat all the time either with hax or glitches.
also on that Full Spetrum Warrior game, pissed me off so much that i never played it again.
1st game i walked out on.

Mr. In-between

Apr 7, 2010
Any area in a megaman game with those goddamn disappearing/reappearing blocks that you have to jump on to reach the next screen. I've got most of them down, but that's only because I play megaman on a close-to-daily basis. If I take a few weeks off, I forget the sequences.

Also, that one battle in FFT with the assassins. How the hell are you supposed to protect someone when they run right up next to an enemy that can kill them in one hit?

Vivace-Vivian

Apr 6, 2010
MGS one, not saving and working from continues for an hour, and then accidentally loading my game.

Fuck that shit. But that was my fault.

How about getting put back to the 4th round in Borderlands Underdome when you're at the end of the 5th and die? Bull.