Full Body Picture of Joker Revealed! ...really WB?

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
The more I see of Suicide Squad, the less I'm convinced by it. Nothing seems to work, from casting to costume designs.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Pluvia said:
People put too much stock in the Joker for some reason, even though he's a completely one-dimensional character. There's almost no way to get him wrong because there's no character there to mess up in the first place.
That's true to an extent(same goes for Batman as well) and it also explains the lasting appeal of these characters who have been around for 75 years. However over time there is an established lore that attribute specific characteristics to the Joker that even in recent outings are similair in media as diverse as movies(The Dark Knight), comics(Snyder's Joker), videogames(the Arkham series) and cartoons(The Dark Knight Returns).

This 'Leto Joker' is made with such obvious disinterest and disdain for the character that it pisses all over the high quality outings of the character from recent years and winds the clock back to Joel Schumacher levels of atrocity.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I don't care anymore. I wanted to see a handful of movies this year that I missed so I doubt I'll end up seeing this so I just stopped caring. That being said, he forgot to put shoes on. He forgot to put shoes on and he looks pretty ridiculous but like I said before, I don't care because I'm not going to be seeing this movie and Mark Hamill is going to be in the Killing Joke. I'll watch the movie with the actual Joker in it, doing something that effected Batman lore for decades to come instead of...this. I like how the WB seems to be embracing the weird and the wacky but what they seem to have forgotten is, when Marvel did it they also stuck to original character designs and iconic comic plots.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Pluvia said:
Characteristics isn't the same as having character though. And this Leto Joker has the same few characteristics that all those other Jokers have, you can tell that just by looking at pictures and from the 5 seconds we've seen him in action.
This design looks like a ridiculous caricature of Eminem or 50 Cent. Like some kind of Weird Al Yankovic parody on pimpin'/bling-bling 2000s gangsta rap. It's fucking preposterous.

lord canti

May 30, 2009
And here I thought people liked the Joker due to his characters, but it turns out people only liked him for being a snazzy dresser

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
Queen Michael said:
Honestly, I think it works.

Hear me out.

He's supposed to be unhinged, right? But what's so "unhinged" about wearing a snappy suit and looking dapper as heck? But if you saw somebody dressed like this in public, you'd assume he was too unbalanced to be able to dress properly. That he genuinely didn't understand why people are looking weirdly at him.

I love the Joker, but let's face it, most of the time his "mental illness" amounts to being evil and joking a lot. This guy looks genuinely unwell.
Personally speaking? I think the problem with this is... too much "Fishmalk," not enough Hannibal Lecter. Part of the character is the juxtaposition (Look at me busting out the big words!) between harmless and silly clown, and deranged, remorseless serial killer.

This particular iteration... while it's better than their version of Harley Quinn (which I wouldn't even realize it was if someone didn't point it out), it still comes across as trying too hard.

Edit: Actually, what Leto here really reminds me off is "Hipster Riddler," the version seen in the Joker series.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
The coat is a take on the classic Joker overcoat, and I do like the Arkham pants touch. I'm not unhappy, and I still think Leto is going to do a better job than people give him credit for,

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Queen Michael said:
Honestly, I think it works.

Hear me out.

He's supposed to be unhinged, right? But what's so "unhinged" about wearing a snappy suit and looking dapper as heck? But if you saw somebody dressed like this in public, you'd assume he was too unbalanced to be able to dress properly. That he genuinely didn't understand why people are looking weirdly at him.

I love the Joker, but let's face it, most of the time his "mental illness" amounts to being evil and joking a lot. This guy looks genuinely unwell.
Alright, your argument made the clashing sweatpants and jacket work, but the cane is still a loss for me. That doesn't belong there.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
Parasondox said:
The sweatpants says Arkham on it so its clear its from his time in the Asylum. Other than that, a picture tells a thousand stories.
Yeah, it seems to me like this is a pic of him just escaping Arkham, and maybe all he could find was that coat?
I don't remember seeing him dressed like that in any pictures from filming

Plus he is barefoot, so probably not meant to be an actual get-up for him

IOwnTheSpire

Jul 27, 2014
Ah, once again the haters have come out to bash something before they've had a chance to see it in action and bash DC for trying to develop its own style instead of copying Marvel. How dare someone try something different? HOW DARE THEY?!

cthulhuspawn82

Oct 16, 2011
I guess movie makers after Burton never read the part when Joker gave poisoned cotton candy to boy scouts and they gladly took it because he is supposed to look like a damn clown. He looks like a funny clown, but is a total psychopath. That sharp contrast between his persona and his psychology is the whole point of the character. A joker who is a psychopath and looks like a psychopath kind of misses the point in my opinion.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I wasn't there at the time, but wasn't there a similar reaction to Heath Ledger's Joker? Anyone remember that?

Anyway, looks fine to me. A different take on the character, but hasn't each live action Joker been different in some way?

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...Seriously? Are they even trying anymore? No wonder audiences can't take these movies seriously...

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
What are my thoughts? Well this looks like exactly the kind of continued trend of WB and DC trying to be edgy to appeal to a "younger more hip" crowd. An effort to match Marvel, that constantly falls flat on it's face, while screaming "look how hard I'm trying to be relevant!"... At this point DC is officially dead to me. They always had protagonist characters it's impossible to relate with, instead of working to make their super heroes easier to relate with, they make the less so. Like what they did with Man of Steel. Now they're ruining the villains too, this is especially insulting when they ruin deep and interesting villains like Lex Luthor and The Joker. So I've given up all hope of batfleck being anything less than a joke and DC is officially dead to me, even though WB is still beating hard on that particular dead horse.
You think this is them trying to be edgy? I think it's goofy as hell. Honestly, Snyder may be grim dark, but I'm not getting that impression from this film at all. It seems like it's going to have a wicked sense of humor, but the trailer seemed well rounded in terms of comedy and drama. I'm skeptical of the crack head look, but the Joker seems like a minor part of the film anyway.

Besides, DC has still made the best overall super hero films to date.