Full-Sized Papercraft Link is Amazing

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Full-Sized Papercraft Link is Amazing

Gaming papercraft models are usually only a few inches high, but this model of Legend of Zelda's Link is a little bit bigger than that.

If you were going to make a life-sized model of Link from Nintendo's Legend of Zelda games, what would you use? Plaster, or maybe plastic, right?

How about paper?

It might not look it from the picture, but the model is built entirely out of paper. It was designed and built by Haywan of the site Papercraft Museum and is quite clearly a labor of love.

There are a number of videos on Papercraft Museum [http://www.papercraftmuseum.com/life-sized-link-images/] showing the entire process, and if you've got some paper and some spare time, the sword and shield are separate pieces, if you fancy making one of you own.

There are plans so that you can assemble your very own model, but at the time of writing, the site hosted them was down. Check this link [http://www.4shared.com/get/128561172/75e863e3/Life_Size_Link_Final_Release.html] a little later on and maybe you'll get lucky.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5357755/papercraft-link-is-enormous-lifelike]

Damien the Pigeon

Oct 23, 2008
That is incredible! I must have one....

I know that instructions are included, but I seriously doubt I could pull something like that off.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
The person who made that is Really dedicated.
although I'd prefer a robot monkey butler of doom. made of paper.

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
I love how this papercraft actually looks like it's rendered on a console, something about the lighting and the way it reflects off the paper. It'd be sweet to have this in my apartment.

Satin6T

May 5, 2009
Gotta love that, no I need a zero suit samus one in my room... for some reason

cptjack42

Mar 16, 2009
*whistles*
It looks like it could just leap out and strike down Gannondorf without breaking a sweat!

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Oh, I wish I could take a close look at that. It looks flawless, but the cynic in me wants to see the creases. I wonder how fragile it is?

jobobob

Oct 17, 2008
I wonder if he would sell that or keep it because of how much he had put into it.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
jobobob said:
I wonder if he would sell that or keep it because of how much he had put into it.
I know if it were me, I'd keep that thing no matter what someone offered me...

...Unless, of course, I could just make another one. They could buy the spare then.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Link,huh? Not impressed. But if it was Ratchet or one of TF2 characters...
Satin6T said:
Gotta love that, no I need a zero suit samus one in my room... for some reason
Pervert.