Funcom is Launching Free-to-Play Secret World Legends on June 26

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Funcom is Launching Free-to-Play Secret World Legends on June 26

The Secret World isn't going away - it's returning in June as the free-to-play MMO Secret World Legends.

Funcom's The Secret World launched back in 2012 with its unique blend of action-oriented combat and supernatural storytelling. It tossed players into a "Secret World" that existed in parallel with the real world, had then join a faction, and then explore a world filled with magic, monsters, and more. But as the game's fortunes faded, Funcom decided to rebuild and relaunch the game under the moniker Secret World Legends. While the original game will remain playable and original accounts will work, we'll see the new, free-to-play take in June.

Secret World Legends will include over 100 hours of story content that can be played solo or with friends. It will also feature a newly revamped combat system. According to the press release that came out today, players will have access to a, "highly extensive and customizable arsenal of firearms, weapons, gear and otherworldly powers will give players the strength to battle the forces of darkness as they dig deeper into these vast and mysterious lands."

Funcom says that all the content in the relaunched game, as well as future content releases, will be free. Of course, there will be microtransactions, with a virtual currency known as Aurum. You'll also be able to pay for Patron status, which grants players a number of boons, including "extra features, additional convenience, and in-game bonuses."

If you want to find more information on Secret World Legends, you can check out the game's official website [https://secretworldlegends.com/]. Secret World Legends is set launch on Steam on June 26.

[gallery=7346]

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I might give it a go. What drove me away was the game was too hard for me, very little self-sustain was available unless you built into it with prior knowledge of the classes and abilities. Of course, as a new player, I did not have those things and ended up investing a lot of time towards a different archetype or two. Eventually basic groups of enemies would pull me down to 10% health if they didn't kill me outright.
I just had so many problems, and it'll be interesting to see what they did to the combat.