Funny events in anti-woke world

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Oh, it's a scale. Got it.
Approval rating in this case was proportion of respondents who approve minus proportion who disapprove (I think it was around +15, -50, neutral/don't know 35). Other approval ratings (e.g. for the usual measure for US presidents) do measure just the proportion who approve.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
She is, apparently, married. I'm going to assume her husband thinks well of her.
Tell you who doesn't much like her: Rishi Sunak after that leadership bid, I mean resignation letter. He should just deselect her, for hijinks.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Tell you who doesn't much like her: Rishi Sunak after that leadership bid, I mean resignation letter. He should just deselect her, for hijinks.
I love the way that letter starts very formal, and then steadily gets more informal and rabidly angry as it goes on.

It's also just so whiny. "But Rishi, I don't understand why you didn't fix everything for me". Don't worry, Sue dear, I can tell you why even though I'm not a politician. You're the fucking Secretary of State, it's your job to make it work, not expect your boss to do it all for you. And by the way, your boss also has a load of other Secretaries of State with important things to say: you don't get some special place of prominence, you are supposed to work as a team.

One thing that comes through to me is that she's dangerous. Angry, prejudiced, entitled, dictatorial, illiberal, with little insight and no sense of proportion. She thinks she's the big I am, so she should just get to do what she wants even if it causes rivers of blood to flow in the streets.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
You know that Hunter Biden investigation thing. Well, guess who got picked up for treason, and being accused of taking millions from Russia

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
One thing that comes through to me is that she's dangerous. Angry, prejudiced, entitled, dictatorial, illiberal, with little insight and no sense of proportion. She thinks she's the big I am, so she should just get to do what she wants even if it causes rivers of blood to flow in the streets.
Quite a lot of that going around in the upper echelons, unfortunately.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
People like her seek power for the primary purpose of making the people they hate suffer and die.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Quite astounding how often this unusual occurrence happens to this woman

Of all things that didn't happen, these most definitely didn't happen the most.
Why are terrorists in London, Paris or Vienna the problem of the US President? Last I looked all three of those countries had their own governments and security apparatus for dealing with terrorism.