Funny events in anti-woke world

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Neither. Since abuse and harassment are not indivisible or integral to what you describe as "cancel culture", its neither deflection nor conflation to defend criticism that also gets described as "cancel culture".

What you're doing is conflation on the other hand. Someone defends criticism, and you accuse them of defending abuse.
yet no-one who was on about death threats and libel brought up criticism, no-one who was on about death threats and libel has claimed criticism is cancel culture.
The claim it was came up from people in response to said people who kept saying said people who were on about death threats and libel just wanted all criticism banned despite them not saying that at all.
The people defending criticism only seemed to do so in response to people claiming death threats and libel were a way cancel culture operates and before we go down the same damn road again NOT THE ONLY WAY IT OPERATES.

Reactions: Hawki

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

What do people really think of Jeff Bezos outside of the Billionaire corporate circlejerk?

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
yet no-one who was on about death threats and libel brought up criticism, no-one who was on about death threats and libel has claimed criticism is cancel culture.
No: People defended criticism without mentioning abuse and harassment. You then directly accused them of defending abuse and harassment.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No: People defended criticism without mentioning abuse and harassment. You then directly accused them of defending abuse and harassment.
Except in context they only brought it up in response to people saying libel and death threats were cancel culture.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Well, they don't need welfare anymore, therefore nobody should get it.
True. One of Republicans' favorite things is to exploit the system to get ahead, then remove the ladder to the roof so no one else can follow them.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That's okay, their constituents don't think after they read or hear words being spoken.

*sigh* Fucking Chirst, this is humanity now.
Imbeciles like that already existed, it's just now everyone has a mouthpiece. Not all of humanity is like that. I'm sure as hell not going to lose my faith, because of these idiots. Doing so would be giving them a win.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Imbeciles like that already existed, it's just now everyone has a mouthpiece. Not all of humanity is like that. I'm sure as hell not going to lose my faith, because of these idiots. Doing so would be giving them a win.
Yeah, but enough of humanity in power is like that for me to fear really, really bad things coming. Hell, it's already happening. All the Trump coverage, including that of his lackeys, is already reminding me of 2015/16; a lot of minds being boggled by the existence of people like this, along with shaking our heads at their stupidity, only for them to end up winning. I'm not a fan of Bill Burr, but he's right about how the major news networks like CNN and MSNBC spending all their time talking about Trump, and how this can very well lead to Trump laughing himself all the way back to the White House.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah, but enough of humanity in power is like that for me to fear really, really bad things coming. Hell, it's already happening. All the Trump coverage, including that of his lackeys, is already reminding me of 2015/16; a lot of minds being boggled by the existence of people like this, along with shaking our heads at their stupidity, only for them to end up winning. I'm not a fan of Bill Burr, but he's right about how the major news networks like CNN and MSNBC spending all their time talking about Trump, and how this can very well lead to Trump laughing himself all the way back to the White House.
I don't keep track much with MSNBC nor CNN much anymore. Do I do know that for CNN at least, they've actually settle down on talking about Trump too much. Last I checked anyway. I usually refer my local news because they actually talk about something else. With that said, it's always pays to be vigilant about the crap he or his cronies are trying to pull off.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
If no-one's aware of it yet, she's basically another qanon trumper like Marjorie Taylor Greene but somewhat able to be slightly more subtle about it btw. Only slightly.
Apparently her restaurant also managed to give 80 people food poisoning caused by improper food handling, whilst serving without an appropriate permit. :rolleyes:

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Apparently her restaurant also managed to give 80 people food poisoning caused by improper food handling, whilst serving without an appropriate permit. :rolleyes:
Permits and doctors are just big gub'ment. They all lived, what's the big deal?!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Some say you can actually hear the record scratch. Kudos for Marjorie Taylor Green keeping up that wolfish grin all throughout - I can't tell if she's 'Oh shit, just keep smilling', or if she's actually 'Yeah, isn't it AWESOME that he's not a pedophile.'