Funny events in anti-woke world

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
So eh, what are the police and military for then?
To protect important people like Kilmeade of course. No one else actually matters to them even (especially?) the morons who make up his viewership.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Except in context they only brought it up in response to people saying libel and death threats were cancel culture.
Firstly: that's not true. Here you are accusing Avnger of condoning death threats and abuse. Avnger didn't do what you describe above.

But why should that "context" justify a false accusation? A false accusation is a false accusation.

Avnger, Terminal Blue, and myself, never-- not once-- condoned abuse, harassment, or death threats. We defended criticism from the charge of "cancel culture". And these were your responses:

So we just fine with the doxxing and death threats now?
So we're going with threats should be fine now?
Yes we get it you think threatening to kill people is a valid form of criticism.
These are lies.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrCalavera

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I was going to ask if this was real or satire, but then I remembered that satire is dead, because there is no longer any position so ridiculous that no tinfoil-brain imbecile would spout it with complete sincerity.

. <-- I didn't type this period into the post. I don't know where it came from. If it's yours, please pick it up at the Service Desk.

"To keep those people out of my country and my neighborhood!"

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA

To be clear, Brian Kilmeade sucks enough to make me switch the radio off of news/talk radio should I be driving between 9 and 12, I actively avoid him.

But there's certainly a lot to be said about the difference between protecting people from others and protecting people from their own decisions. I do happen to be ok with the government protecting people from their own decisions depending on circumstances, but I understand what his view is.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
To protect important people like Kilmeade of course. No one else actually matters to them even (especially?) the morons who make up his viewership.
The military and police perform a vital societal role. If we got rid of them a lot of violent, antisocial people would be roaming the streets..

..because they wouldn't have jobs any more.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
If no-one's aware of it yet, she's basically another qanon trumper like Marjorie Taylor Greene but somewhat able to be slightly more subtle about it btw. Only slightly.
She's holding a shotgun in her picture.

"Subtle." :(

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Definitely not for protecting people. The supreme court already said that police have no obligation to protect anyone, even if "to protect and serve" is written on everything they own.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Firstly: that's not true. Here you are accusing Avnger of condoning death threats and abuse. Avnger didn't do what you describe above.

But why should that "context" justify a false accusation? A false accusation is a false accusation.

Avnger, Terminal Blue, and myself, never-- not once-- condoned abuse, harassment, or death threats. We defended criticism from the charge of "cancel culture". And these were your responses:

These are lies.
Strange because in those quotes I was bringing it up in response to people pretending Scott just retired with no contributing factors at all and were pretending he retired due to criticism when others were bringing up the death threats.

Funny how to even get people to respond to what's was being discussed and not pull the "Oh you just want to ban all criticism" line people had to drag the conversation back time and time again to the points that were actually being made.

Why were you and others incapable of responding to what people were actually saying and instead having their weird side conversation responding to things they hadn't actually said?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Definitely not for protecting people. The supreme court already said that police have no obligation to protect anyone, even if "to protect and serve" is written on everything they own.
I think that’s just one department that has that as it’s motto. It’s either California or New York I forget which.

Parting shot at Australia

I have no idea who this woman is. But she doesn’t seem to be acting terribly maturely.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I think that’s just one department that has that as it’s motto. It’s either California or New York I forget which.
It's the motto of the LAPD as well as the part of the oath of the national police foundation and part of the code of ethics.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Note how a person who narrowly avoided bankruptcy after losing a libel cases still manages to fly first class...

I have no idea who this woman is. But she doesn’t seem to be acting terribly maturely.
Well, let me perform some public service - please, no need to thank me. Katie Hopkins first appeared on the UK version of The Apprentice in its early seasons (pre-2010), and made a storm with her strident, unpleasant behaviour towards other people including her competitors. After being dumped out close to the end, she was offered more media roles off a selling point of being strident and unpleasant, which naturally led to her being even more strident and unpleasant until she became a professional right-wing gobshite. She has numerous times overstepped the bounds - this is just the latest occasion where's she burnt herself, but there's no end of people willing to hand her firewood and matches given the enthusiastic "culture war" the right is waging.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Strange because in those quotes I was bringing it up in response to people pretending Scott just retired with no contributing factors at all and were pretending he retired due to criticism when others were bringing up the death threats.
That's not the context behind those quotes, as anyone can follow back and see.

And regardless, that context would not justify making serious false accusations.

The idea of criticising others for not "responding to things they actually said", when you've repeatedly directly accused people of supporting things they never supported, is absurdly hypocritical.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
She's holding a shotgun in her picture.

"Subtle." :(
Unfortunately, yes, US politics as it is means gun worship is a far larger circle of right-wing/libertarian folks where the smaller circle of qanon cultists can blend amongst if they can just refrain from using particular key words. Though the cult has long since moved on to using dog-whistles and rebranding of themselves to "patriots" under banners like "save the children" or "ritual abuse" "anti-vaxx/covid denial" or now "the big lie" amongst many others as they have literally been told to do so by their influencers and indeed "Q" themselves. Holding a gun is kinda just ordinary American nationalist flexing in comparison.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Unfortunately, yes, US politics as it is means gun worship is a far larger circle of right-wing/libertarian folks where the smaller circle of qanon cultists can blend amongst if they can just refrain from using particular key words. Though the cult has long since moved on to using dog-whistles and rebranding of themselves to "patriots" under banners like "save the children" or "ritual abuse" "anti-vaxx/covid denial" or now "the big lie" amongst many others as they have literally been told to do so by their influencers and indeed "Q" themselves. Holding a gun is kinda just ordinary American nationalist flexing in comparison.
I want to like your post, but I fear I'd be validating all the craziness you just described. :(

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
The police aren't there to protect us. Warren vs DC SCOTUS decision saw to that. Also, thanks to another SCOTUS decision, police are not required to enforce restraining orders.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
That's not the context behind those quotes, as anyone can follow back and see.
yes it is and I encourage people to follow back and seen.

And regardless, that context would not justify making serious false accusations.
Well you can always offer an actual reason as to why in response to talking about death threats and libel people kept bringing up regular criticism? Why did people do that again? As I said either endorsement of said conflation or attempted deflection to shift the topic to people on the attack against cancel culture to having to defend against bullshit allegations which by the way would be pretty serious allegation in of themselves to claim people want to ban criticism.

The idea of criticising others for not "responding to things they actually said", when you've repeatedly directly accused people of supporting things they never supported, is absurdly hypocritical.
Well generally that's how discussions go because responding not to what a person said but acting as though you are responding to their position is generally seen as strawmanning.

As I said either endorsement of said conflation or attempted deflection to shift the topic to people on the attack against cancel culture to having to defend against bullshit allegations of wanting to ban criticism.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
The police aren't there to protect us. Warren vs DC SCOTUS decision saw to that. Also, thanks to another SCOTUS decision, police are not required to enforce restraining orders.
And that's why you should own a gun.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Man, this topic got heavy quick.
A couple lighter examples:
The Quartering with a hilarious tweet that says much, much more than is actually written

And Wizards of the Cost announcing a D&D crossover adventure with the Magic: the Gathering world of Strixhaven to bizarre amounts of rage

The comments are a sight to behold. Of note: nowhere in the press copy or article is the word "prom" mentioned. And yet...
My favorite is probably the guy with the Legoshi Beastars avatar complaining about the school setting, like the entire first story arc/two anime seasons of Beastars isn't set in a weird high-school, university setting.