Funny events in anti-woke world

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
It's not tyranny when it's the terms of voluntary employment. It's a little bit tyranny when it's the terms of buying food.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
It's quite clear it's because a lot of your criticism and condemnation were not solely targeted towards people making threats or acting abusive.
Oh really?

Then Quote me doing that or kindly take back this egregious lie.

The fact remains: several times posters explicitly defended criticism. In response you falsely accused them of condoning abuse and death threats.
And the Fact remains those posters brought up criticism in response to people on about threats and libel.

Either
They were conflating the things thus defending them
or
Trying to deflect and strawman people

Which was it?
Oh wait why am I bothering to ask again it's not like you'll actually answer this question when I've asked it multiple times already no you have specific narrative to push so I might as well just keep replying by saying "THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS"

I'm completely uninterested in why you think your opponents' arguments justified you making false accusations.
Well yes because it's become rather clear you think you know peoples far better and they have some secret evil Cabal agenda that you truly know and no matter how many times they say otherwise you'll claim to know better an that I dunno they're secretly a Romulan Spy or something

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Right wingers are the easiest people to grift. Even more than wokescolds and guilt ridden yuppies and that's saying something. Who do you think keeps those televangelists in mansions and private jets, folks?

Wish I had the means to set up similar scams, I'd be swimming in money by now.
A friend and I came damn close to something similar, starting up a small fried chicken joint that expressly refuses as policy to not cater gay weddings, moslims, and Democrats. We figured once the news got out we'd be rolling in conservative sympathy bux.

Reactions: MrCalavera

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Right wingers are the easiest people to grift. Even more than wokescolds and guilt ridden yuppies and that's saying something. Who do you think keeps those televangelists in mansions and private jets, folks?

A friend and I came damn close to something similar, starting up a small fried chicken joint that expressly refuses as policy to not cater gay weddings, moslims, and Democrats. We figured once the news got out we'd be rolling in conservative sympathy bux.
I think Black Rifle Coffee went that route. They just walked back their support for those kind of people. If I had to guess, it was one too many customers saying "I can't wait to shoot protestors myself" in their coffee shop.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
It's not tyranny when it's the terms of voluntary employment.
That depends on the pressure people are under to have work.

One might take the Bible for a message here. Esau, starving after a bad day hunting, is forced by Jacob to give up his birthright for a bowl of stew. And thus one of the bedrock texts of Western civilisation tells us just how exploitable desperate people are.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
That depends on the pressure people are under to have work.

One might take the Bible for a message here. Esau, starving after a bad day hunting, is forced by Jacob to give up his birthright for a bowl of stew. And thus one of the bedrock texts of Western civilisation tells us just how exploitable desperate people are.
Like, show us where 'pissing in a bottle is your toilet' is part of the Amazon voluntary employment agreement. But, somehow, its forced on them.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Like, show us where 'pissing in a bottle is your toilet' is part of the Amazon voluntary employment agreement. But, somehow, its forced on them.
No, they're free to hold it in and develop kidney problems, or just piss their pants, it's their choice to do it in a bottle.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
No, they're free to hold it in and develop kidney problems, or just piss their pants, it's their choice to do it in a bottle.
Also free to quit the job! As if that means much if no other source of income is forthcoming.

When conditions are bad enough, it's pretty easy to see that most of the people accepting them aren't really doing so "voluntarily" in any meaningful sense.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Oh really?

Then Quote me doing that or kindly take back this egregious lie.
It's been pointed out already over and over again.

Remember the poster on the Factorio subreddit? The one who (A) wasn't being abusive; and (B) didn't demand that anyone be fired. You deemed that to be "cancel culture", and then came out with a few lame-dick excuses for why it counted. "He was appealing to a mob", and "he was just being falsely polite"-- basically just projecting imaginary motivations onto the poster of a single comment.

And the Fact remains those posters brought up criticism in response to people on about threats and libel.
I'm really not interested in whatever justification you can cough up for making false accusations. A false accusation is a false accusation. Pointing at your opponents and whining about what they said is irrelevant. The only relevant point is that they didn't condone abuse or death threats, and you said they did. That's literally the only relevant context.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
It's been pointed out already over and over again.

Remember the poster on the Factorio subreddit? The one who (A) wasn't being abusive; and (B) didn't demand that anyone be fired. You deemed that to be "cancel culture", and then came out with a few lame-dick excuses for why it counted. "He was appealing to a mob", and "he was just being falsely polite"-- basically just projecting imaginary motivations onto the poster of a single comment.
Oh you mean where the person in the Factorio subreddit made false claims about how Uncle Bob was actually harmful to people and had harmed people? That's still libel against Uncle Bob and bullshit calling out the Factorio dev for not helping spread the libel. That wasn't any kind of actual valid criticism against against the Factorio Devs.

But as I aint seeing those quotes I asked you to provide so if you're not gonna provide evidence to back up your claims against me all else I have on this point for you is

"THE ARE FOUR LIGHTS"

I'm really not interested in whatever justification you can cough up for making false accusations. A false accusation is a false accusation. Pointing at your opponents and whining about what they said is irrelevant. The only relevant point is that they didn't condone abuse or death threats, and you said they did. That's literally the only relevant context.
The fact remains

THE ARE FOUR LIGHTS
and no matter how much context you ignore and how you try to spin it. It doesn't change that. You say there is no point pointing at my opponent and whinning? Is that not just what you are doing now? Whining because I point out context damn well matter?

You say it's a false accusation?
Then how do you explain their positions?
Answer the question I've already put to you multiple times cause I only see two answers and you're deliberately pulling all this sophistry most likely because you can't invent a 3rd one that doesn't sound insane and the 2 options I presented, well it's lose lose and would require you to admit to something you don't want to admit to either way.

They didn't condone death threats and abuse, they didn't condemn them either. Seems like they were in awkward spots where for some weird reason they didn't want to denounce them? Just try to deflect and make the conversation about something other than them then do what you're doing now. Get upset when people won't talk about just what you want them to and instead were talking about the specific aspect of the topic.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Right-wingers trying to appropriate Star Trek is very cringe
I'm only a right winger in so much as I'm to the right of Chairman Mao.
If people don't want Star Trek used against them maybe they should stop acting like Cardassians

Right-wingers do not engage with media. They just consume it.
Happens very much on both sides like the shocking number of people who thought Five Night At Freddy's was endorsing child murder...........I wish I were joking.

Fnaf Dead kids 2.pngFnaf Dead kids 3.pngFnaf Dead kids 1.png

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Oh you mean where the person in the Factorio subreddit made false claims about how Uncle Bob was actually harmful to people and had harmed people? That's still libel against Uncle Bob and bullshit calling out the Factorio dev for not helping spread the libel. That wasn't any kind of actual valid criticism against against the Factorio Devs.
See above: limp-dick excuses used to tar criticism as "invalid".

"Harmful" is a value judgement. It is objectively, legally, factually, not libellous to make a value judgement. It is an opinion. You condemned criticism because you didn't like it, people then defended criticism from the charge of "cancel culture", and you then accused them of condoning harassment and abuse.

and no matter how much context you ignore and how you try to spin it. It doesn't change that. You say there is no point pointing at my opponent and whinning? Is that not just what you are doing now? Whining because I point out context damn well matter?
Not really, no. Because my argument is simple: you made a false accusation against at least three posters.

Your argument appears to be... that this is justified because of the context, even though that context doesn't involve them doing what you accused them of doing.

If you accuse somebody of something, the only relevant context is whether they did it or not. They didn't. You're just pointing at other shit they said ("Oh well they brought up X! They shouldn't have done that!") as a justification for the false accusation.

Similarly, if you accuse somebody of theft, I'm going to ignore it if you incessantly point at other stuff they did that wasn't stealing anything. I'm going to ignore that "context", because the only relevant context is whether they stole something.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
See above: limp-dick excuses used to tar criticism as "invalid".

"Harmful" is a value judgement. It is objectively, legally, factually, not libellous to make a value judgement. It is an opinion. You condemned criticism because you didn't like it, people then defended criticism from the charge of "cancel culture", and you then accused them of condoning harassment and abuse.
Oh I'm sorry I didn't know you were the arbiter of what is and isn't valid criticism.

"Harmful" and claims he'd "Caused harm" are very specific terms used to illicit and emotional response without having to actual reveal what happened and allow people to judge on their own it is a rather deliberately manipulative method to try and frame a persons actions to have them condemned based on the framing not the reality. It's about getting people to believe the lie.

As I've said before I knew a Sociopath for a number of years and saw how he operated. This is the kind of stuff he'd do regularly.

People weren't defending the criticism of Uncle Tom and you very much know it, hell I'd encourage people to look up when people started responding to others bringing up criticism vs when the Uncle Tom stuff got brought up in the thread. You'll likely find it was after people were trying to conflate death threats and libel with mere criticism.

But hey I guess the person is allowed to hold the opinion on Uncle Bob but I'm not allowed to hold the opinion that how it was expressed was abusive and manipulative and bordering on if not fully stepping over the line of libel.

Not really, no. Because my argument is simple: you made a false accusation against at least three posters.

Your argument appears to be... that this is justified because of the context, even though that context doesn't involve them doing what you accused them of doing.

If you accuse somebody of something, the only relevant context is whether they did it or not. They didn't. You're just pointing at other shit they said ("Oh well they brought up X! They shouldn't have done that!") as a justification for the false accusation.

Similarly, if you accuse somebody of theft, I'm going to ignore it if you incessantly point at other stuff they did that wasn't stealing anything. I'm going to ignore that "context", because the only relevant context is whether they stole something.
Funny because none of those three posters ever bothered to clarify their actual position in the end. Either they were trying the community argument method or that wa their position and I was really bang on the money but they couldn't actually come up with a way out.

You wish me to confess and throw myself at some supposed mercy that would be offered if I confess?

To that I say

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS

and this charade of yours is wearing thin. I mean are you really so desperately grasping at any point at this stage to try for a composition fallacy? Ultimately I fear you'd only be fooling yourself on this one.

On your thief example. So you'd ignore the muddy footprints, the broken window, the glass cuts on the persons wrist and say they did nothing wrong because there is no CCTV footage showing them taking the item.

Context maters!

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Funny because none of those three posters ever bothered to clarify their actual position in the end. Either they were trying the community argument method or that wa their position and I was really bang on the money but they couldn't actually come up with a way out.
Have you considered the possibility that you are just boring? Melodramatically obsessed with unimportant bullshit?

Last edited: