Funny events in anti-woke world

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
You were lying as you said it showed nothing and are now relying on technicalities and sophistry to try and get out of it.
I didn't say it "showed nothing". I said it didn't show genitals, which is completely correct.

Jesus, your complete unwillingness to acknowledge you made a mistake is a bit pathetic.

Funny to see where you draw the line. So you aren't really for freedom of access to art then. You're just specifically for this book....hhhhmmmm how odd and how inconsistent you position becomes isn't it?
Except I.... said I'd treat them the same way. Both in the public library. Sorry, is treating things the same way "inconsistent" now? I thought it was literally the opposite.

And to respond to that she quit. The Teacher quit. She wasn't suspended. She quit and threw out a line about being unable and unwilling to work under such restrictions as not being able to let the kids have unsupervised access to said work and others.
She was suspended and then resigned. Your continued ignorance of the actual events that occurred is unsurprising.

Also none of the sources state the age of her class only that she was from a K-12 school which is 4-18.
TStorm has already pointed out the age bracket for the school is 14-18.

And I'm pretty sure if I direct kids to where you can download and read the Anarchists cookbook I'd be suspended from teaching too. Sorry the book was deemed inappropriate dems the rules and you have to teach following them.
Blah-blah-blah. You gonna acknowledge that your bit about the school budget was entirely irrelevant to the events? Because that's what I was addressing, but you don't seem to have responded to it.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Doesn't this happen all the time in Oregon. A elected offical will run away to the mountain so they dont have to vote
He's actually been indicted on federal felony securities fraud. They've been trying to get him into a court room for half a decade now, since before he was elected

Reactions: Dalisclock

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
He's actually been indicted on federal felony securities fraud. They've been trying to get him into a court room for half a decade now, since before he was elected
That, and evidently this particular subpoena was for a hearing scheduled for today, with the plaintiffs seeking an injunction on legislation that is scheduled to go into effect on Thursday.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Doesn't this happen all the time in Oregon. A elected offical will run away to the mountain so they dont have to vote
It's happened a couple times, though normally that's to deny the legislature a quorum so no vote can be held, rather then the dude in question is being wanted for crimes. Granted, there was one GOP members of the legislature who helped a bunch of his right wing rioter friends bypass security in the building by opening a door for them

Law and Order only applies to others, it seems.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
It's all he ever does and that's barely unique about him. Exactly why he's on my ignore list. At this point you might as well call him Mr. Goal Poster and be done.
I did that a while ago because I realized he never attempted to argue in good faith. It's pretty much all "Stupid arguement lol" when it wasn't fascist apologising(per Jan 6).

Reactions: BrawlMan

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Cancel culture has come for Halloween. Obligatory bad taste Niemoller reference. But seriously, the Anti-Fun Brigade going after trick-or-treating is nothing new, this is just the latest coat of paint they've given it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Cancel culture has come for Halloween. Obligatory bad taste Niemoller reference. But seriously, the Anti-Fun Brigade going after trick-or-treating is nothing new, this is just the latest coat of paint they've given it.

Where did the candy touch these losers? Did their parents beat them up for picking the "wrong" candy?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Annual "Drug dealers aren't giving your shitty kids hundreds of dollars in free drugs" reminder, I guess

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Annual "Drug dealers aren't giving your shitty kids hundreds of dollars in free drugs" reminder, I guess
I mean, if it's meant to kill the kids, there's far cheaper ways to do it; if it's meant to get the kids hooked, it might help if the kids knew what they were hooked on so that they could buy more of it.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I mean, if it's meant to kill the kids, there's far cheaper ways to do it; if it's meant to get the kids hooked, it might help if the kids knew what they were hooked on so that they could buy more of it.
Don't you know anything? Drug dealers are satanic dealers of sin, as soon as a kid eats one they'll instantly know the entire drug dealing world and will be big into spiky leather.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Don't you know anything? Drug dealers are satanic dealers of sin, as soon as a kid eats one they'll instantly know the entire drug dealing world and will be big into spiky leather.
Also the Chinese are using Mexican drug cartels to mass murder American children WHY ISN'T JOE BIDEN SHUTTING DOWN THE BORDER TO STOP THIS!

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
What Shapiro said has got nothing to do with the armed forces. It's about dictating how everyone should live. He does not care one iota about them
No one should care one iota about them, while I do pity the individuals that have fallen into the trap of American propaganda, ultimately they're all complicit in the USA's disgusting brand of Imperialism and therefore the main thing that should be discussed is how the US Army should be abolished as it has no right to exist

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
therefore the main thing that should be discussed is how the US Army should be abolished as it has no right to exist
Hmm, not sure about that. The US army needs a colossal funding cut, a complete doctrinal rewrite to commit them to defensive roles, and a huge cultural overhaul (involving a reckoning for those involved in past crimes abroad, and a mass replacement of the top brass/officership).

But abolishment would result in a huge spate of imperialist aggression elsewhere. Russia & China foremost.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Confused why they don't just treat him like anyone else, schedule it and if he doesn't show then he takes no action to advocate in his defense. This generally goes badly for the accused, unless they committed voter intimidation in 2008.

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Just 2 weeks after their family murders must take a fair bit of courage for their age.

Saw some of the live feed yesterday and it was difficult to hear without feeling further anger towards Jones' relentless self-serving bullshit.

A mom and dad whose son was killed in a 2012 school shooting testified they were harassed for years by hoaxers, including being sent photos of dead children, in a trial that will determine how much conspiracist Alex Jones must pay to the families of Sandy Hook for spreading lies about the shooting.

Parents Ian and Nicole Hockley gave separate testimonies in a Connecticut courtroom Tuesday to talk about the onslaught of abuse and threats they received in the days, weeks and years following the death of their 6-year-old son Dylan.

“I got sent pictures of dead kids because [hoaxers said] as a ‘crisis actor’ I didn’t know what dead kids looked like,” Nicole testified.

Dylan was among 20 children and six adults who were killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting. In the years following, Infowars host Alex Jones spread the vicious lie that the parents were all “crisis actors” who didn’t suffer any tragedy. A jury will now determine how much he’ll have to pay to several Sandy Hook families after he lost his case to default judgement. In August, Jones was ordered to pay $45 million in punitive damages to another pair of Sandy Hook parents for his lies.

A photo of Ian and Nicole Hockley, and their sons Dylan (left) and Jake, is displayed for the jury panel during the Hockley's testimony in the Alex Jones defamation trial at Superior Court in Waterbury, Connecticut, on Tuesday.

Just days after posting a video of his son’s memorial service online, Ian Hockley was harassed and called a “party boy” among hoaxers for smiling during a particularly uplifting moment of the service.

It was a name that would stick to him for years. In 2013, Ian started Dylan’s Wings Of Change, a nonprofit that helps children with emotional and social learning inspired by Dylan, who was diagnosed with autism when he was 3. In 2018, Ian began making more appearances at schools to talk about the program. The harassment was renewed.

“Pictures from the memorial were sent to me again: ‘Hey it’s party boy Hockley, the fake parent of Sandy Hook, great photoshop dude,’” Ian testified.

In an exhibit shown to the court, one hoaxer commented on a Facebook page for Dylan’s Wings Of Change: “Be warned, Sandyhook-Traitor, Ian ‘Party Boy’ Hockley comes here...He’s a douche that laughed and smile thru his ‘son’s funeral’ which was scripted...”

It was of course not scripted, and Dylan was real. Parents Ian and Nicole talked lovingly of Dylan, who liked listening to the cover of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” off the Shrek soundtrack and would “jump up and down and flap his hands” when he got really excited.

Nicole Hockley answers questions from lawyer Chris Mattei during her testimony on Tuesday.

“You couldn’t help but laugh, it was really cute,” Ian testified.

Nicole described Dylan as a sweet boy who loved cuddles.

“He really loved cuddles. Really deep, deep cuddles,” she testified. “He liked to cling on to me like a koala bear. I loved that.”

In her own testimony, Nicole detailed the threats she faced, including being sent a photo of other dead children from hoaxers.

“I hid a lot of this from Ian,” Nicole said of the threats sent to their home. “It was very targeted comments, there were direct messages, emails, phone calls to my friends looking for me. I received mail at the house which I would tend to get to before Ian would get home from work.”

Nicole said she now worries for their 18-year-old son, Jake, and what might happen if a hoaxer tries confronting him.

“I am terrified that someone will hurt my son,” she said.

As testimony continues in week three of the trial, Alex Jones has been on Infowars in Texas to sell supplements in videos about the trial titled “kangaroo court.” Other Infowars stories about the trial included talking about the “tyrant” judge overseeing the trial and the “elite” media covering it.

How often is the harassment that parents Ian and Nicole face? Plaintiffs’ attorney Chris Mattei brought up an exhibit in court Tuesday that showed a comment sent to Nicole on Sep. 6, just a week before the trial began.

“How do you sleep at night?” the hoaxer asked.
As Nicole testified, she now sleeps with a bat, knives and a can of Mace by her bed.