Funny events in anti-woke world

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Couple things:

First, Missouri passed one of those "not a book ban we just want to remove sexually explicit materials we swear wink wink" laws, resulting in hundreds of books being taken off the shelves, including Holocaust materials rated for teens, a graphic novel adaptation of the Gettysburg Address, and The Children's Bible.
I found out about this because Iron Circus just had it's first book ban because of it so they're selling The Last Halloween at half price

Second, notorious liar Andy Ngo lost out in court because obvious lies work better on Twitter compared to under oath

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Couple things:

First, Missouri passed one of those "not a book ban we just want to remove sexually explicit materials we swear wink wink" laws, resulting in hundreds of books being taken off the shelves, including Holocaust materials rated for teens, a graphic novel adaptation of the Gettysburg Address, and The Children's Bible.
I found out about this because Iron Circus just had it's first book ban because of it so they're selling The Last Halloween at half price

Second, notorious liar Andy Ngo lost out in court because obvious lies work better on Twitter compared to under oath
To be fair, there are a LOT of f'ed up things in the Bible

God asking for genocide. Incest. Stealing. Murder. Slavery. Heads on platters. God killing his chosen priest because they dared to be angry when God didn't speak to him. Wiping out humanity for their 'wrongdoings.'

It's suprising it didn’t happen eariler

Reactions: Dalisclock

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
You know, upon rereading the article.... it IS all about pictures, right?

Most of it targets graphic novels. Or history of art which I assume has photos of their work

And 'providing explict sexual material' doesnt mean sexual. It means anything that could be twisted into nudity. Thus the statue of David is 'providing explicit sexual material'

I'd have to see which Batman comics etc are banned to confirm but there usually isn't that much nudity.... Nightwing does show his full clothed ass a lot in a provocative manner

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
You know, upon rereading the article.... it IS all about pictures, right?
(1) "Explicit sexual material", any pictorial, three dimensional, or visual depiction, including any photography, film, video, picture, or computer-generated image, showing human masturbation, deviate sexual intercourse as defined in section 566.010, sexual intercourse, direct physical stimulation of genitals, sadomasochistic abuse, or emphasizing the depiction of postpubertal human genitals; provided, however, that works of art, when taken as a whole, that have serious artistic significance, or works of anthropological significance, or materials used in science courses, including but not limited to materials used in biology, anatomy, physiology, and sexual education classes shall not be deemed to be within the foregoing definition;

Yes. It's about pictures.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
provided, however, that works of art, when taken as a whole, that have serious artistic significance, or works of anthropological significance, or materials used in science courses, including but not limited to materials used in biology, anatomy, physiology, and sexual education classes shall not be deemed to be within the foregoing definition;
In the words of the immortal Tom Lehrer: "As the judge remarked the day that he acquitted my aunt Hortence, 'To be smut it must be utterly without redeeming social importance'".

Reactions: tstorm823

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Weirdly specific exception in there. Are they libertarians?
Fuck lolbertarians and their horrible anti institutional ideas about fiat currency. The only things these useful idiots are useful for is costing republicans vote, also if tik tok gives me one more praxben tik tok video I will personally break the non aggression principle on trolling his channel.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
To be fair, there are a LOT of f'ed up things in the Bible

God asking for genocide. Incest. Stealing. Murder. Slavery. Heads on platters. God killing his chosen priest because they dared to be angry when God didn't speak to him. Wiping out humanity for their 'wrongdoings.'

It's suprising it didn’t happen eariler
Also God raping a 13 year old and cuckimg her husband so he could have a kid.

The Christmas story feels a little less jolly when you take that into account.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
So wait, I was under the impression there was something that could at least be construed as suspicious on the laptop, like some sort of link between Hunter, Joe, and Burisma. Is it all because Hunter's private laptop has dickpics on it? That's the problem?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

Nah man, that was her reproducing asexually. Oh wait, conservatives'd probably hate that interpretation too, even more so.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

I imagine it's like the blowjob from Ghostbusters

There is probably not many people who wouldnt have a try at ghost fucking. And the ghost is free from legal consequences because it's not a person legally and how do you count ages?

I'm just doing a Libertarians under 18 sex legal reasoning with ghosts and I need to stop....

I just assumed Joseph did and Mary blamed God

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Just wait until someone teaches them about desert grassland whiptail lizards For those who do not know: all-female species, reproduce through parthenogenesis brought on by girl-on-girl action.
Damn woke evolution, with its gay lions and male seahorses givin' birth 'n shit. Somebody needs to spead the word of the Lord to those desert grassland whiptail lizards.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

No, he shouldn't resign. Every time the republicans want to score political points, they pull out the border issue and run wild with it. In off years they don't care unless the person in reference is an alt-righter, nativist, or a fascist.

Illegal immigration is a reference point for how well the country is doing in reference to other countries, and it's also a net positive. It means the US is winning when we get more people to attempt to come here via extreme means like crossing jungles or deserts. It means we are worth the journey. Right now the US has low inflation compared to many countries, and a more robust economy than many more countries. Unlike what many posters here think the US military is number one due to its logistics tail management something no other country against the US has gotten right in recent times.

Now, why is it a net positive, well I am going to once again argue against the strongest point my opponents have which is they come here to take advantage of our welfare system, and don't contribute. Now the vast majority do work or take care of kids at home or work part-time, but assuming they just come here to be "welfare queens".

Let's say you have a family from Mexico who just comes here, doesn't work, just uses the welfare system, and has lots of kids to take advantage of the said welfare system. That's a good thing not because we need to be compassionate, but because the US will eventually make them more blindly productive. That family of 8 will pay dividends to the US economy in the medium to long term, possibly to the US military, and absolutely to US power and growth. More people more solutions.

Now there is a limit to this. If all of the immigrants are doing it, yeah maybe we do need to rein it in since as a rule, we need people who work, a method for creating more people, and generally more innovation. But we do need more people. Creating more citizens is a contribution in it itself, but there is a balance that needs to be had. The only immigrant I am against is someone who does literally nothing in the community, and economy. No children, no family, nothing, and that itself is rare, and would be an exception based on compassion, but that's unlikely even if it's possible. Even older people like grandparents should come because they can support family members doing some form of work.

Now I am privileged to have a job, and not have to compete against illegal immigration or undocumented immigrants, but an increasingly powerful US benefits US citizens as well. There is a reason avocado prices are low, it's due to US economic power, and trade. Also, we can dictate rules at international organizations to benefit the US, as well as create better soft power to influence people to do what we want without coercion.

Now do I know how many people is the right amount for the US, no, and I have asked people, and they don't know. There was one person who argued one billion Americans to counter China's population, but given China will fall likely due to a color revolution, Iran is in a color revolution, and Russia can't project economic or military power unless it uses nukes, that is a bad argument. The other argument is that people come here to be more productive, another bad argument because it's while it's true generally people who come here are the ones that think differently and want to improve somehow, I argue the bar should be lower since even just making kids is good enough for me for many, but not around I would argue 20 to 40%.

Now, why are the neoliberals wrong, well because they hate welfare systems generally. I argue de facto paying a group of people to have children is good. They keep talking about universal pre-k but while that is a good policy that isn't going to create more children in the US vs just paying some people to have lots of kids, it's will create less stress for families, and stimulate the economy due to the consumption-based US economy, but many countries in Europe have that, and they have low birth rates so that isn't a solution if you just want more people.

The problem I have with Republicans is they would rather live in an economically, and militarily dying country if it means the US is a semi-ethnostate. The problem I have with democrats like Biden on this issue is the same problem I have with many Americans on this issue. Me me me me me, I want fewer people to come in so that I can be better now vs in the medium to short term or I am afraid of republicans so I bend to them on this issue. Just like making climate change worse is better in the short term with fossil fuels generating economic growth it will kill you eventually, a country with a declining birthrate will eventually kill a nation even if it's great at the beginning for some.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Weirdly specific exception in there. Are they libertarians?
Honestly, no idea. Best guess is cherubim related, but I can't think of any reason to make an exception for that.
So wait, I was under the impression there was something that could at least be construed as suspicious on the laptop, like some sort of link between Hunter, Joe, and Burisma. Is it all because Hunter's private laptop has dickpics on it? That's the problem?
There are several pieces of correspondence that refer to setting percentages of deals aside for "the Big Man", I think including one Burisma related, but I'm not looking that up at the moment so feel free to not take my word for it. Regardless, yes there are suspicious things. To my knowledge, nothing has been explicit in connecting Joe Biden, and even if there was, it would be from the words of untrustworthy sources. There's nothing like an email from Joe himself saying "where's my money, Hunter?"