Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Bartholomew

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2021
I'm perfectly happy for them to do that if that's what it takes to work in the industry and not be sexually harassed. Kinda poor form that that's were we are though. Certainly, I'd be embarrassed to present that as the actual solution to sexual harassment.
See my edit. But yes, I agree.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I mean, I don't think it's fair to suggest that all of those guys are sexual predators, some of them probably aren't.
True. And it isnt fair to suggest they are any sort of phobe, or "cist", just because they got together to make a game.

If a bunch of ladies got together to make a girls only studio, nobody would bat an eye.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
They could form their own woman-only game studios, if they wanted to, right?

I'm not saying that this SHOULD be the solution to sexual harassment, I'm just commenting on the hypothetical of male-only studios being formed so that they don't need to worry about scandals such as these, as CriticalGaming said. A woman-only game studio can be a way for them to break into the industry without having to accept sexual harassment.
That happened before, the all women game studio

The studio did put out 1 game

Which comes with DLC that is just cutscenes chopped from the main game and sold back to people

Reactions: CriticalGaming

Bartholomew

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2021
If a bunch of ladies got together to make a girls only studio, nobody would bat an eye.
That happened before, the all women game studio

The studio did put out 1 game
Indeed. Where was this journalist then? Did they complain that the company was too homogenous?

If not, then perhaps it's not a lack of diversity that they have a problem with.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So something funny from woke world.

The secretary of Transport for the USA endorsing Solar Roadways.

Which if you don't know why this is a bad idea in brief here's why:

It's putting a fairly delicate system onto a road which cars and trucks are meant to drive over.
A system where when part of the panel is blocked the output drops exponentially.
Scratches, scuffs and dirt reduce the output exponentially too.
Most Solar panels have to be glass or glass like material or at least transparent material to work so you're putting sheets of glass or reinforced plastic onto the roads, anyone feel like driving on sheets of glass with little to no grip?

But hey "wooo we're saving the world from climate change shut up" or something. Don't point out there's infinitely more useful places that panels could be put first before focussing on roads or that actually it's been found roadside wind turbine units have been far better because of the wind generated by passing cars turning the small turbines.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
But maybe these guys have had problems in the past. Maybe some bad college experiences or something i dont know. So maybe they just dont want the temptation?
So again, your argument appears to be that men are basically feral animals with no capability of putting a polite veneer over their basest desires. Why do you hate men so much?

Also to further the other point. If someone has no self control wouldnt it be wise of them to avoid tempting scenarios? You wouldnt bring an alcoholic to a bar?
So a woman is like a bar: there for entertainment and vice only. Or is it supposed to be that a woman is like alcohol?

Ninja famously got shit because he refused to play games with girls. He claimed it was because he was married and didnt want to be on stream having fun with girls and starting rumors, even if the rumors would be bullshit. However it also might have to do with Ninja knowing himself and being unable to resist flirting with someone he shouldn't. So rather than put himself and his wife through that drama, he simply avoids any situation that could invent that drama.
This just tells me he has no self-control.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So again, your argument appears to be that men are basically feral animals with no capability of putting a polite veneer over their basest desires. Why do you hate men so much?
I'd say that's not a very charitable interpretation.

I'd guess Critical means more of the Max Temkin kind of situation where he had a college relationship go bad and years later was accused. Who knows maybe some of them had stuff like the Emma Sulkowicz (mattress girl) situation play out. So they don't want to even have a chance of a possible situation where they could be accused developing.

So a woman is like a bar: there for entertainment and vice only.
You'd be surprised how good some bars are for organising things. At night sure they're loud and awful but you got in a bar at like 1pm and the places are great for organisation and planning. Spacious tables, drinks on tap, normally pretty quiet, cheap or cheaper than renting proper conference facilities.

No he just doesn't like the rumour mill that happens a lot especially the weirdo IRL shipper communities and weird Slash fiction stuff. Which BTW can impact IRL

Reactions: CriticalGaming

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Ohhhhhh, well at least OP has now put into context what he was going on about in this tweet at the time;

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Ohhhhhh, well at least OP has now put into context what he was going on about in this tweet at the time;

No need for the suicide and death threats. While things have gotten more diverse, there is still racism and sexism in the industry, and everyone can stop with knee jerk reaction nor acting like it's been eliminated and no longer exists.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So something funny from woke world.

The secretary of Transport for the USA endorsing Solar Roadways.

Which if you don't know why this is a bad idea in brief here's why:

It's putting a fairly delicate system onto a road which cars and trucks are meant to drive over.
A system where when part of the panel is blocked the output drops exponentially.
Scratches, scuffs and dirt reduce the output exponentially too.
Most Solar panels have to be glass or glass like material or at least transparent material to work so you're putting sheets of glass or reinforced plastic onto the roads, anyone feel like driving on sheets of glass with little to no grip?

But hey "wooo we're saving the world from climate change shut up" or something. Don't point out there's infinitely more useful places that panels could be put first before focussing on roads or that actually it's been found roadside wind turbine units have been far better because of the wind generated by passing cars turning the small turbines.
Not to the mention the lithium polution when all the electric batteries die and have to put somewhere to ionize and rot away.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

So a woman is like a bar: there for entertainment and vice only. Or is it supposed to be that a woman is like alcohol?

Not having self control isnt a crime. Acting without control is.

I dont hate women, where do you even get that? Again you're argument always boils down to an extreme. Thing like women are only sexual toys, men are just feral animals, blah blah.

You have no grasp on the concept nor do you have any regard for social control.

If this was a studio of all rainbow people, or all women, you would have anything to say. And you know it because you cant even come up with a simple counterpoint to anything you quoted. Nor can you address the perfectly reasonable explanation of the studio's creation in the first place.

You are a hammer and all you ever see are nails, to the point wherr you can even fathom the existence of nuts and bolts.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
I'm perfectly happy for [women] to [found their own studio] if that's what it takes to work in the industry and not be sexually harassed. Kinda poor form that that's were we are though. Certainly, I'd be embarrassed to present that as the actual solution to sexual harassment.
Is it possible to forget about sexual harassment for a bit and acknowledge that it's really different hiring some women to a male-dominated workplace instead of more dudes? For example the relationship aspect is always there and can cause problems no matter how polite everybody's behavior is. This no longer becomes an issue when these companies form with men and women from the start, which is of course the better solution over women-only game studios. My verdict: it is what it is, and it really, really shouldn't matter in the bigger scheme of things. Schreier and other journalists who purposefully wrote bad press about Raccoon Logic deserve to get shit on.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
People like Jason Schreier are fuckin' retarded.
Disagree. Schreier's a pretty good journalist - he goes in-depth behind the scenes a lot of the time.

This particular post is making a mountain out of a molehill, but we all have bad days (or slow days - this is media I guess).

True. And it isnt fair to suggest they are any sort of phobe, or "cist", just because they got together to make a game.

Well, no, if a bunch of ladies formed a girls-only studio, there'd be similar howls, just not from MSM.

Said it before and I'll say it again, SJWs and SQWs are two sides of the same coin.

To me, the question is intent. If you set out to have an "X-only space," then morals aside, pretty sure you'd be breaking the law. On the other hand, if you happen to get only a particular group, then that's a different story. We can raise questions of bias and all that, but it's generally unfalsifiable. I mean, if I set out to make a game studio with my school friends only, they'd all be male, since I went to all-boys schools. On the other hand, if I founded a games studio, having a "no girls allowed" policy wouldn't just be immoral, it would actually be stupid, because I'm cutting out half of a potential talent pool.

Reactions: BrawlMan

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
if I founded a games studio, having a "no girls allowed" policy wouldn't just be immoral, it would actually be stupid, because I'm cutting out half of a potential talent pool.
Emphasis mine, because that is factually incorrect. Your studio would get more male applicants every time as the potential talent pool isn't 50/50. The 50/50 is a couple of degrees of separation away (generally speaking as a game studio would of course have many different jobs).

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Emphasis mine, because that is factually incorrect. Your studio would get more male applicants every time as the potential talent pool isn't 50/50. The 50/50 is a couple of degrees of separation away (generally speaking as a game studio would of course have many different jobs).
I'm referring to the human race.

Even if more males are applying, there's no grounds to exclude female applicants.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I just wish some people out there would get over High School
That's the problem with certain people; they never left. They think the whole world is their entire high school life and everyone is below them, and they're the top dog/biatch.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I'm referring to the human race.

Even if more males are applying, there's no grounds to exclude female applicants.
Why?

They have maternity leave
They force a change in the work culture to be more acceptable around women
They could accuse you of rape
They generally aren't as good programmers
That means they steal men's jobs
They keep demanding equal pay when they aren't as good
They menstrate and that means that they angry every month
They always do woke stuff
And there is no clear benefit
It's just not worth it

This would be all funny if this was comments being made by real people that I'm copying to make a point

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I dont hate women, where do you even get that? Again you're argument always boils down to an extreme. Thing like women are only sexual toys, men are just feral animals, blah blah.
I said men, not women and I was being facetious.

If this was a studio of all rainbow people, or all women, you would have anything to say. And you know it because you cant even come up with a simple counterpoint to anything you quoted. Nor can you address the perfectly reasonable explanation of the studio's creation in the first place.
I didn't say dick about the studio itself. I was saying that your arguments are shallow and simplistic and can be very easily used to excuse and even encourage bad behavior. Ninja refusing to compete against female gamers because he has a girlfriend for example just sounds like a Millennial version of the deeply problematic Billy Graham Rule (i.e. that a married man should never be alone in a room with a woman who is not his wife).

If the studio in question just formed the way it did with all white guys, well that's a thing that happens. I don't think it's any fault of theirs and anyone whining about it is blowing it out of proportion. I just have a problem with your logic.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Why?

They have maternity leave
They force a change in the work culture to be more acceptable around women
They could accuse you of rape
They generally aren't as good programmers
That means they steal men's jobs
They keep demanding equal pay when they aren't as good
They menstrate and that means that they angry every month
They always do woke stuff
And there is no clear benefit
It's just not worth it

This would be all funny if this was comments being made by real people that I'm copying to make a point
Well, yeah, but I'm not making the argument, and to my knowledge, the game devs aren't making it either.