Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I've been lately on the fence of "Should I talk shit about people for being woke or saying obnoxious woke things" or choosing not too and focusing on the anti-wokes and actual alt righters Turning a blind eye on the likes of Jason Schreier and Jim Sterling.

Out of fear that people might mistake as being like The Quartering and Sargoon of Fuckwad.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've been lately on the fence of "Should I talk shit about people for being woke or saying obnoxious woke things" or choosing not too and focusing on the anti-wokes and actual alt righters Turning a blind eye on the likes of Jason Schreier and Jim Sterling.

Out of fear that people might mistake as being like The Quartering and Sargoon of Fuckwad.
The problem is those terms were all started by idiotic, selfish, sexist, racist assholes who rather not admit what they are, or fully embrace being assholes, but don't wannabe criticized when called out or proven wrong. Woke/Anti-Woke is nothing more than lie to divide and hurt people. I don't give a shit about any of that. "Woke" is used as an insult for anything that has tiniest amount of diversity. If the property in question, be it games, tv, or movies, have an all white cast, they won't complain. The moment when the piece of entertainment has more than two people of color and/or women, an entire cast of non-whites, or people not portrayed as evil or stereotypes, these assholes automatically panic, and go on the defense and on the attack. All of sudden it's "they're forcing diversity!", "they're ruining my/our way of life!", and the classic "I'm not racists/sexists, but...". Fuck them! They don't care about anyone but themselves, and want things to go back the old ways or how it used be. Racist and sexist assholes with nothing better to do, but make other miserable, because they believe it's their divine fucking right!

Last edited:

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The Quartering on one of his videos mentions Elon Musk. In a response to someone on Twitter mentioning the fact that Musk uses Cobalt mined from the Congo. He just shrugged it off. Mr.I hate corporations, loot boxes, and etc. But when a POC from the global south is mentioned he just stated well that's capitalism. I don't fucking agree, when it affects you that's bad when it affects someone else IDC. I stopped taking him seriously after this, and his obsession with female actors is annoying, to say the least. Actors aren't the ones making loot boxes, the SJWs aren't the ones making pay-to-play. It's corporate execs and shareholders from the upper class, and likely upper-middle-class doing this. They don't see that the system is the problem, because for most of modern history(the 1950s onwards) the system has treated its right-wing allies well, but not it hasn't because it's going after everyone but the elite.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I stopped taking him seriously after this,
And that was your first mistake. Why did you take him seriously for this long? The first time I found about him in 2014, I immediately smelt nothing but toxic bullshit from him.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
First time back here in years and some of the posts here are very disheartening.
Never did I imagine in the escapist people would unironically call for male-only companies as a solution to 'temptation'.

Jeez
And why is that bad when female only boarding schools exists?

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Most of this just says that if women want to work in traditionally male-dominated environments they're going to have to accept sexual harassment. Effectively, put out or get shut out.
I would not say "accept it" I would say "expect it to happen and take precaution of what you are getting into which is a traditionally male dominated career"

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
And why is that bad when female only boarding schools exists?
A) Male only boarding schools also exist.

B) "Let's keep our girls separate because boys can't be trusted" is an attitude men should not agree with.

The argument here isn't even exclusively about a male only workplace, fried ricer is concerned that men are literally adopting the attitude of "if you leave us with women we WILL end up sexually harassing them". Just don't sexually harass women good fucking God. Why is that a contentious stance. We're so far away from dealing with sexism that we still have to explain to people that assault is not a normal thing and it's not the world's responsibility to keep absolute dirt savage fucking perverts from assaulting women. Fuck.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
A) Male only boarding schools also exist.

B) "Let's keep our girls separate because boys can't be trusted" is an attitude men should not agree with.

The argument here isn't even exclusively about a male only workplace, fried ricer is concerned that men are literally adopting the attitude of "if you leave us with women we WILL end up sexually harassing them". Just don't sexually harass women good fucking God. Why is that a contentious stance. We're so far away from dealing with sexism that we still have to explain to people that assault is not a normal thing and it's not the world's responsibility to keep absolute dirt savage fucking perverts from assaulting women. Fuck.
I feel part of this line of thought of "we have segregate women and men in the workplace to protect women from horny rapey guys" comes from how sensationalized the media has made accounts of sexual harassment in the entertainment industry.

And the problem with sensationalism is it over sells the issue here, making it a bigger deal then it actually is. They make sexual harassment in the work place so egregiously massive and common place like as soon as a female employee walks through the doors of her office building, some guy literally walks to her, kisses her in the mouth, gropes her breast, and slaps her butt as she walks away.

That's the sensationalism the media has painted the issue of sexual harassment in the work place, at least to me as far as I know. But really, its not helping matters really.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I would not say "accept it" I would say "expect it to happen and take precaution of what you are getting into which is a traditionally male dominated career"
Once more for the people in the back: men can't help sexually harassing people, so women need to be careful about what jobs they do.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Once more for the people in the back: men can't help sexually harassing people, so women need to be careful about what jobs they do.
Then I say find a workplace with folks that are friendly and not abusers. Try to read the room and see "hmm these guys are a bit douchey, mabye I should not associate with them" and "hey these guys are nice and friendly, I'd like to work with them"

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I feel part of this line of thought of "we have segregate women and men in the workplace to protect women from horny rapey guys" comes from how sensationalized the media has made accounts of sexual harassment in the entertainment industry.
This has been a thing long before the media started actually reporting on sexual harassment. It is a generally accepted view among conservatives especially that when ti comes to sex crimes, the victims are at least partially to blame.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Hmm....20 white dudes that know each other and are into gaming enough to form a dev team. Yeah that seems entirely strange. /s Shit you could probably grab that many from any random frat, or gamer club in any town USA. I fail to see what's so amazing about this.

I know he's being sarcastic about the wokeness but, I mean fuck, it's just 20 white dudes. There are a LOT of them around that are into gaming Jason. It's not that big of a feat to cluster 20 white nerd dudes together and make them decide to make video games.

But hey, bright side!! If that's the entirety of their team, then they are 100% a non-sexual harassment business in regards to women! Victory!

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
That's mostly just a Poe's Law thing, that people took to the next level to abuse as an excuse to either not hire women or sort out a proper, professional work environment in their companies.

Seriously. Build a proper fucking professional work environment. They aren't children.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Then I say find a workplace with folks that are friendly and not abusers.
....you know that's part of the entire problem right? The fact that it's really fucking hard to find such a company? I mean it's not like they have a Yelp metric for companies on how often the women get fondled. 3/5 Grabby Hands, decent place to work! That's just not a thing that is out there.

I mean I cringe any time I speak to a young woman about what they want to do with their life, and they mention "I want to go into the military" Not any specific branch, just the military. Because every single one of them, are hostile fucking work environments. They don't really have much in the way of options to find a friendly workplace if they go that route. I'd say probably 85% of the female veterans who come through my office to file for claims, have Military Sexual Trauma on their list, and it's the root cause of a ton of their medical problems. I actively warn them against doing it, because I'm frankly tired of seeing young women coming in, with stories of how their CO swept it under the rug, how they were afraid to report it in the first place, because the person who did it was a higher ranking officer, it goes on and on.

The answer isn't "well just find a place where they won't try and rape you" because the reality is that given the average social attitude of a LOT of guys worldwide, that it's nearly impossible to find anywhere to work where it doesn't happen.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Seriously. Build a proper fucking professional work environment. They aren't children.
And this is why I joke that people like Sam and Critical must secretly hate men. They have absolutely no confidence in our ability to not be raping shitheads to the point where everyone else is responsible for accommodating our moral failures as a gender. For some reason, placing the burden on victims is a more palatable answer to them than just teaching men to not fucking rape people.

Tangentially, this is also why I consider the accusation that feminists hate men to be nothing more than projection in some cases.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
They force a change in the work culture to be more acceptable around women
This is a legitimate grievance, even though it's politically incorrect. Still it can be dealt with. However, in my mind there is one practically unavoidable consequence when a stack of nerds gets their first few female employees: some of those guys will be attracted to them and that will lead to workplace drama.

Also I honestly don't know how many layers of irony is in this "well what about the rapists and harassers, won't somebody think of them?" I guess it's... funny?
Then I say find a workplace with folks that are friendly and not abusers. Try to read the room and see "hmm these guys are a bit douchey, mabye I should not associate with them" and "hey these guys are nice and friendly, I'd like to work with them"
I think this is far from reality. What you're arguing against isn't there either, but you're taking it to stranger places still.