Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Yes and I'm talking about the website said interview was conducted by, the one it's increasingly becoming clear you didn't look at or read lol
The website the interview was conducted by is completely irrelevant to the fact you're still uncritically taking one side in an ongoing suit at their word.

ROFL

It's a little thing called precedent.
Precedent relies on something actually happening to set the precedent. That's what... precedent is.

Whereas what you're whining about literally never happened.

Then why should we not accept and automatically believe all emos are suicidally depressed?
Because nobody is saying they are. The emos themselves aren't.

Sorry, you're trying to argue that self-describing one's own gender is analogous to... assuming someone is depressed when they don't say they are? It's hard to follow your flimsy lines of reason sometimes.

You said people know their self better than some random right? They have chosen to identify themselves as Emos right?
Uh-huh, and I believe that they are emos. And since there's absolutely no membership criteria to be an emo, you can hardly moan about that.

You're the one ascribing additional shit to them, because you seemingly cannot distinguish between NB, trans, emo, and depressed.

The answer your question they're gender identities derived from the sexes be that on a neurological, genetic or phenotypical way. They can be identified, they can be defined as what they are.
:LOL:

Even if you were just talking about biological sex, this sentence is laughably scientifically ignorant. "Genetic or phenotypical" lol.

Most of the 137+ non-binary genders have no such ways to define them other than how a person feel and most have no obvious associated indicators to identify them or signifiers.
Wah wah stuff is complicated.

No.
Unless you are calling the a beast due to my heritage.

To clarify (as you either intentionally or unintentionally didn't get the point). Time moves forward who is to say you and I may not be entirely wrong on this issue too? That future generations will look back and think how backwards and primitive we are?

Also you'd better watch this damn clip it took me a whole 5 minutes to track it down just for this occasion

No you're just making a logical leap there to try and score cheap points rather than addressing my argument.

No I'm not. I'm posing the question to you.
What if you and I are wrong?
I know my reasons and they consist of much more than what you brought up but what if your point is proved wrong?
Literally all of this blather is just seeking to equate bestiality with same sex marriage and mixed race relationships.

You added a bunch of extra distraction and sophistry to obscure the fact that's the comparison you're making, because you're too chickenshit to openly point to it.

But that's the core. The same tired, lazy argument the segregationists and homophobic Bible-thumpers used: "if you support X what's stopping support for Y completely different thing?"

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Someone is shoving Ozone up thier ass because it 'lift O2 levels in the blood stream'.
🤦‍♂️

It almost certainly does not. And even if it does, that oxygen boost will be gone as soon as the ozone: after all, the reason you have to keep breathing to stay alive is because the body uses up oxygen really quickly. If you want to increase your blood oxygen, it would almost certainly be cheaper to take a few huffs from an oxygen cylinder - although, perhaps, that won't be as much fun for people who like stuff stuck up their jacksie.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The website the interview was conducted by is completely irrelevant to the fact you're still uncritically taking one side in an ongoing suit at their word.
No it's not, because it shows if they were pandering to a certain audience or as you seem to imply secret right wingers then surely they'd have felt fine bringing up said info to a right wing publication.

Funny how a publication's identity becomes relevant only when it lets you guys try to dismiss reporting from it lol.

Precedent relies on something actually happening to set the precedent. That's what... precedent is.

Whereas what you're whining about literally never happened.
No it relies on similar having happened and being able to extrapolate information to figure out what will happen.

The system will adapt to whatever is easiest and most profitable.

E.G. the issue with Sewage releases into English rivers, the companies could either upgrade facilities to handle the loads or the more profitable option don't bother and keep doing "Emergency releases" into English rivers and not have to spend that money tat would be used for upgrades.

Because nobody is saying they are. The emos themselves aren't.

Sorry, you're trying to argue that self-describing one's own gender is analogous to... assuming someone is depressed when they don't say they are? It's hard to follow your flimsy lines of reason sometimes.
Yeh the EMOs are lol.

Ok so how about we go more weird and go into otherkin territory where people self identify as animals. Should we respect their decision to be and act like said animals? Should offices now have litterboxes for them in the toilets? IT's their claim, their label, their self identification based on their feelings with no actual evidence backing it up or supporting it.

Uh-huh, and I believe that they are emos. And since there's absolutely no membership criteria to be an emo, you can hardly moan about that.

You're the one ascribing additional shit to them, because you seemingly cannot distinguish between NB, trans, emo, and depressed.
OK so define a non binary person.

Also remember you can be Trans non-binary according to present activists too.

:LOL:

Even if you were just talking about biological sex, this sentence is laughably scientifically ignorant. "Genetic or phenotypical" lol.
If you'd bother to watch the video I linked earlier with the researchers talking you'd know if very much isn't. Hell you'd even get it's not if you remembered your basic high school biology

Wah wah stuff is complicated.
OK without looking it up or googling it define them all.
If you want to take the position that society should accept and embrace them then it requires understanding and knowledge of them. Thus care to show everyone you truly stand by what you claim?

Or you can just admit my point about simplicity for things that ultimately don't matter is preferred over making minor things hugely complicated.

Literally all of this blather is just seeking to equate bestiality with same sex marriage and mixed race relationships.

You added a bunch of extra distraction and sophistry to obscure the fact that's the comparison you're making, because you're too chickenshit to openly point to it.

But that's the core. The same tired, lazy argument the segregationists and homophobic Bible-thumpers used: "if you support X what's stopping support for Y completely different thing?"
No I'm pointing out things change and questioning what if like the many changes of the past we turn out to be wrong?

It's kind of funny how tetchy you are getting over this idea that future generations may judge you as regressive while trying to judge me as such in this thread.

It's not tired or lazy to say what if in the future we are the ones in the wrong just like people were in the wrong about many other things in the past?

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
🤦‍♂️

It almost certainly does not. And even if it does, that oxygen boost will be gone as soon as the ozone: after all, the reason you have to keep breathing to stay alive is because the body uses up oxygen really quickly. If you want to increase your blood oxygen, it would almost certainly be cheaper to take a few huffs from an oxygen cylinder - although, perhaps, that won't be as much fun for people who like stuff stuck up their jacksie.
I think maybe it's because ozone is a nice smell and Gwenyth cannot bear the idea of a smelly bumhole.

This was actually a thing a while back though, people (I want to say youngsters) pumping air up their bums with bicycle pumps and such, but, IIRC, as people are wont to do, someone took it too far (yes, further) and used a forecourt pump. Died.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I think maybe it's because ozone is a nice smell and Gwenyth cannot bear the idea of a smelly bumhole.
Quite possibly, I mean this got TV advertising in the UK

s-l1600.jpg

This was actually a thing a while back though, people (I want to say youngsters) pumping air up their bums with bicycle pumps and such, but, IIRC, as people are wont to do, someone took it too far (yes, further) and used a forecourt pump. Died.
That might have been something else entirely................

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland

We have reached stupid levels not even God has seen.
Yeah this gets unsettling. Not too fond of slippery slope arguments, but I'm not sure I see the qualitative jump between this and, say, coming after gamers who play characters of different genre or skin color. Or quote foreign authors ?

When exactly isn't it an innocent simple "just seeing anyone as one of us" situation ?

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
No it's not, because it shows if they were pandering to a certain audience or as you seem to imply secret right wingers then surely they'd have felt fine bringing up said info to a right wing publication.

Funny how a publication's identity becomes relevant only when it lets you guys try to dismiss reporting from it lol.
So let me get this straight: you're ascribing more credibility to the parents' side (of an ongoing suit) because it was reported on by a left-leaning publication? Is that the flimsy logic you expect me to adopt?

No it relies on similar having happened and being able to extrapolate information to figure out what will happen.

The system will adapt to whatever is easiest and most profitable.

E.G. the issue with Sewage releases into English rivers, the companies could either upgrade facilities to handle the loads or the more profitable option don't bother and keep doing "Emergency releases" into English rivers and not have to spend that money tat would be used for upgrades.
O.....k. Except of course that diagnosing and drugging-up preschoolers isn't profitable at all; it would actually be exceptionally costly.

And you're insisting it will happen based on literally nothing, nobody has called for it to happen, and it's never happened.

This is all ridiculous prejudiced delusion. "They're grooming our kids!!", pearl-clutching moral-panic. Exactly the same as the hyper-conservative idiots of the 1950s whining about how gay rights would lead down a slippery slope to kids being groomed by molesters in schools. It was prejudiced nonsense then, and it's prejudiced nonsense now.

Yeh the EMOs are lol.

Ok so how about we go more weird and go into otherkin territory where people self identify as animals. Should we respect their decision to be and act like said animals? Should offices now have litterboxes for them in the toilets? IT's their claim, their label, their self identification based on their feelings with no actual evidence backing it up or supporting it.
I see you're now buying into that litterbox non-story, which was an obvious hoax.

Anyway, this is just yet another false analogy. Yet again: "if you support X then you must support Y completely different thing" is the flimsiest, shittiest kind of logic, which most of us got over after leaving school.

OK so define a non binary person.
Somebody who doesn't fit the gender binary. It's an umbrella term.

If you'd bother to watch the video I linked earlier with the researchers talking you'd know if very much isn't. Hell you'd even get it's not if you remembered your basic high school biology
Methinks you may need to revisit high school biology, because a lot of what you're coming out with is scientifically illiterate, even if we're just talking about biological sex.

OK without looking it up or googling it define them all.
If you want to take the position that society should accept and embrace them then it requires understanding and knowledge of them. Thus care to show everyone you truly stand by what you claim?
Firstly: why does it require full understanding and knowledge in order to accept something? The only thing I need to know about somebody's self-identity or sexual behaviour is that it doesn't hurt anyone, respects consent, and (if it involves an additional claim of fact) that it's recognised by experts/research. I don't need to be able to fully understand something. I don't really understand monosexual people, but I can accept them, because I'm not a dickhead.

If you want me to define something, I'd be happy to, like I defined (the very simple term) non-binary above. But you have to actually tell me what you want defined. You can't just say "137+ GENDERS!!!", which is stupid hyperbole.

No I'm pointing out things change and questioning what if like the many changes of the past we turn out to be wrong?

It's kind of funny how tetchy you are getting over this idea that future generations may judge you as regressive while trying to judge me as such in this thread.

It's not tired or lazy to say what if in the future we are the ones in the wrong just like people were in the wrong about many other things in the past?
OK. So what? So this is just idle speculation with zero impact?

What if people in 5 centuries start thinking lightbulbs are evil? So what? Are we supposed to guide our thinking by pure, baseless speculation about what a bunch of unrelated people might think at some unspecified point in the future?

Last edited:

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
We have reached stupid levels not even God has seen.
You know, I can almost see a valid point somewhere in there, in the sense that heavy use of black people with exaggerated emotional expression could be kind of racist.

On the other hand, that article is just about the least useful way to express that point.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
You know, I can almost see a valid point somewhere in there, in the sense that heavy use of black people with exaggerated emotional expression could be kind of racist.

On the other hand, that article is just about the least useful way to express that point.
Except that would require people to not be using any other race or color of person for reaction images, which they do. And saying this is a problem would imply it would be morally correct to stop doing that... which means people would only ever post funny images of other races and then be called racist for not recognizing that black people can be funny.

It's this nonsense all over again.

Progress.jpg

Which by the way... I saw someone just the other day suffer from the memory hole and believe this ^ was because of conservatives. Because 2020 is the year of pretending things that happened didn't happen.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
So the Sam Hyde meme is now right wing dis-information

Some-one doesn't get the joke of it.
I realize this may be hard for you to understand, but jokes are meant to be funny. Shitting on already marginalized groups is just being a hateful bigot. Try more of the former and less of the latter.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I realize this may be hard for you to understand, but jokes are meant to be funny. Shitting on already marginalized groups is just being a hateful bigot. Try more of the former and less of the latter.
But don't you know? The deaths of multiple children and blaming them on the existence of trans people is funny!

...to psychopaths.