G.A.N.G. Awards Finalist

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
G.A.N.G. Awards Finalist

I just found out that Play On [http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=12954], about game composers.

Best Game Audio Article, Publication Or Broadcast: "2006 GDC Audio Boot Camp" by Scott Selfon & others, "Musical Symmetry" by Jesse Harlin, Audio Column - Game Developer Magazine, "Settling the Score" by Daniel Kayser - Hardcore Gamer Magazine, "SiN Episodes: Emergence music study" by Zak Belica ? Music4Games.Net, "Play On: The Composers Behind Today's Game Music" by Russ Pitts ? The Escapist

It also looks like some of the guys I interviewed are up for awards, so this could end up being quite the night. Drake suggested I get drunk and/or thrown out of the joint, and in true Humidor fashion, I may just have to try that.

Anyway, It's nice to see our mag get a little attention, and, of course, I'm always down for an excuse to put on my tux. The awards ceremony will be at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, the Thursday during GDC. Should be fun.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
If I do, I'll be sure to mention you in my acceptance speech. Right before "The Academy," right after "Mom."

Goofonian

Jul 14, 2006
Fletcher said:
It also looks like some of the guys I interviewed are up for awards, so this could end up being quite the night. Drake suggested I get drunk and/or thrown out of the joint, and in true Humidor fashion, I may just have to try that.
For extra humour, try to get thrown out BEFORE your part of the night comes up. That way if you win, they have to send someone to go find you to accept the award. :)

shihku7

Aug 2, 2006
According to the GANG forums, the GANG Awards will be free for anyone to attend, regardless of whether or not they have a pass for the GDC itself. Awards are on March 8th.
I plan on going ^_^