G.I. Joe's Lady Jaye To Get Her Own T.V. Series

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Hasbro’s G.I. Joe realm is quite obviously male-dominated, but there’s one team member who’s equally fierce whether she’s glamorously undercover in an evening gown or in full-on battle mode: Lady Jaye, who’ll soon get the spotlight in her own Amazon series.

This scoop comes from Deadline, which reports the character—around since 1984, but last seen in live action in 2013's G.I. Joe: Retaliation, played by Agents of SHIELD’s Adrianne Palicki—will be the focal point of a live-action series at Amazon, noting it will be “a standalone story centered around Jaye, which will also connect to the larger G.I. Joe universe.”

No word on who might don Lady Jaye’s tactical gear in this version of her story, but there’s already some promising behind-the-scenes talent: Erik Oleson (whose credits include Carnival Row, The Man in the High Castle, and Daredevil), who’s on board to create, showrun, and co-executive produce. We’ll bring you more on Hasbro’s plans for its G.I. Joe transmedia universe as we learn them.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Well, I don't really care. About any of them. The whole idea of the GI Joe toys was a team effort. Working together. ANY solo character film kind of defeats the whole point of the concept in my opinion.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Well, I don't really care. About any of them. The whole idea of the GI Joe toys was a team effort. Working together. ANY solo character film kind of defeats the whole point of the concept in my opinion.
Literally the only reason I care about GI Joe is that within Hasbro's canon, Flint and Lady Jaye are the parents of Marissa Fairborn. The best fucking human character in Transformers who's never been in anything other than G1 and comics inspired by the same. And I will probably watch this terrible idea for a movie if the ending or stinger confirms yes, she has a daughter and her name is Marissa.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Is GI Joe still a viable franchise? Hadn't heard anything about it for aaages.