G4 changed for the worse?

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
They've gone down hill massively in the past few years. AOTS now sucks and X-Play almost never actually reviews games anymore, which is missing the point. I rarely watch it anymore.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
As long as I could remember G4 was only good for maybe an hour or 2 a day, the rest of the time was taken up by COPS and Cheater, that station has always been the lowest common denominator of what people will watch.

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
Filter. Portal. Cinematech. Judgment Day(Reviews on the Run). Cheat with Cory Rouse. X-Play with Sessler and Botello.

I miss old G4 almost as much as I miss Toonami.(Okay, I don't miss it nearly that much, but still)

TheLaofKazi

Mar 20, 2010
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cops
Xplay
Attack of the Show
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cops

TheLaofKazi

Mar 20, 2010
Toaster Hunter said:
X-Play almost never actually reviews games anymore, which is missing the point.
Because the geniuses up at G4 decided it would be a good idea to cram every video game related show into a short, half hour long show so they could make more room for COPS.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Midnight Crossroads said:
It's sucked for years now. I used to watch Xplay for game reviews and previews, but now it's just inane crap where they grudgingly talk about games in between those "crazy" intern skits and political commentary.

The same thing is happening to almost every niche channel now. History channel is moving into the zone of nothing but conspiracy theories. Sci-fi now has less science fiction than the BBC.
Well, conspiracy theories and Nazis. Or conspiracy theories involving Nazis... but you get the idea.

Regardless, on topic G4 took a shit dive about the time it stopped being Tech TV. Leo Laport and Patrick Norton got dropped, they started running an idiotic review show right before X-Play, and so on. I gave up five years ago or so. I can't imagine it's gotten any better.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
The Lost Big Boss said:
Welcome to 2005, you can put your hat over there, and I can take your coat.
Wait... someone else remembers? I'm not alone!? :D

Yeah, seeing the thread title did invoke a sense of deja vu.