G4 changed for the worse?

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
G4 has been dead to me for years. I think that Sessler should get out while people still respect him. He could honestly start his own show on another network and make as much money as he does on X-Play. Webb has lost my respect. AOTS isn't even all that good anymore. Code Monkeys is gone. I can get better E3/TGS coverage on the internet.

G4's last good day for me was when Adam Sessler reamed out Jack Thompson.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Xplay has been semi dead to me since the loss of Kate Botello. Dont get me wrong, I like Morgans brand of snarkiness, but Kate leaving was just a yard marker, and it really hasn't been that good since.

As others have said the programs have went downhill since the death of tech tv. I really miss techtv, and never liked g4. Shows like The screen savers, Xplay, Audiophile, and a few others made for a surprisingly good network, but I can see where its not the type of programming that draws ratings.

Who wants a 12 hour marathon of cheaters? Anyone? anyone?

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
i think it's gone to shit. i remember code monkeys, and i remember one day, i skipped school, stayed home, and was watching g4 rewind, and a show came on that was all machinima, i think it was called portal, i found it hilarious. i think g4 should switch out all they have now, and just put on what's on machinima's youtube channel and website. that stuff is so much better than what's on now, and would last them forever.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
We call it "Cops or Cheaters".

It is the biggest waste of a potentially great channel on television.

era81

Jun 11, 2009
Ha ha,now all you younger escapist know what us old timers went through when mtv stopped playing music videos.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
Julianking93 said:
There have been countless threads on this subject.

Yes, G4 fucking sucks now.

Get over it.
Thank God someone said this. We know it sucks, but don't say it 50 times a day, ok? There are other shows. Besides X-play and Cinematic, it wasn't that good anyway.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
Filter? Cinematech? Gone.

The channel has gone the way of MTV. It's not at all about gaming anymore, save for the couple of minutes they devote to it in between Cops.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I remember when they called themselves TV for gamers and were actually right. Now it's nothing but the same movies over and over again and Olivia Munn's tits.

olendvcook

Aug 14, 2009
i remember way back when it was called ZDTV and it was even called something before that but i forget. I remember the screen savers and call for help and boy do i sure miss those days.

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
yep... I still watch attack of the show... but that's it really, dont even watch xplay since I have site readily available for lengthier and in depth reviews. I remember that my favorite part of G4 was that it was literally EVERYTHING gaming, and I especially liked their documentary pieces... what I would give to watch the doc on nintendo again...

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I miss the good days of old x-play & Aots, code monkeys, Arena, happy tree friends, and Cinamatech.

seriously, who watches a GAMING tv channel to watch cops, Cheaters, and ninja warrior(although thats actually watchable). Makes as much sense as MUSIC tv having tons of shitty reality shows

Somewhere drunk link, kratos guy, and screaming intern weep

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Yeah, G4 really went down hill.

Back in the day G4 had it all, it was my favorite channel for a while. God what great shows:

Judgement Day (Victor and Tommy are still one of my favorite pair of hosts ever, they were freakin' hilarious)

Cheat (It was its own show instead of part of Xplay)

Which of course brings me to the most painful thing about G4's changes. Freakin' Xplay, it was soo damn awesome. Great reviews, great humor, hilarious skits, memorable characters, great specials. Now, it's not even a shadow of its former self, it's just a game review show now. It's basically a televised version of what you'd find on gamespot or IGN.

(sigh) great shows, good times.

HeySeansOnline

Apr 17, 2009
X-Play died for me officially a bit ago. I was watching the new Splinter Cell Conviction Review, and saw no mention of Special Agent Bob or Secret Agent Steve. Thats when I realised It was a different show. But they did do some nice fan service with the episode dedicated to such, but otherwise now I agree, no more Cinematech, Arena, Portal, and too many non game shows, seriously my dad watches G4 now for Cops.