Gain a random superpower

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
These threads are usually fun so let's do it again.

Link to a random page on the 'superpower' wiki

Tell us what you got and what you are going to do with the power.

I got:

Ummm, hmmm... I've never ever seen any quicksand... Well if it lets me swim through regular sand too I'd use it to collect loose change and jewelry that people drop on the beach, I guess.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I got:

"The user can travel to another part of the planet, star or moon they are on by burrowing and (maybe) lava swimming through the core of the planet."

What I'd do? I dunno, go to some exotic locale without having to pay for an airline ticket. It really comes down to how exhausting it is to use the power, how quick it is to use it and whether using the power can cause spontaneous volcanic eruption or any other hazards.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
... I can't stand being around kids for longer than 5 minutes, but ok, sure, this fits me like a glove

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§

Seems a little niche but at least I never have to worry about buying matches again.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Hmm. This is either going to really help with anxiety, or make it unimaginably worse. Hard to guess which way it will swing.

At least I haven't got that PS4 Spiderman's Catwoman power which appears to be just compulsive sexual harassment with a grappling hook.

Last edited:

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Accelerated Tasking
User can do tasks (such as filing, sorting, fixing, building and assembling, cleaning, doing chores, etc.) much faster than what others are capable of doing.
Oh great. Chores. Well, super chores. Woo.

I wonder if that means I start procrastinating even faster, too.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

I mean, I grew up in New Jersey, and understanding how the average moronic New Jersey driver is going to handle traffic patterns kinda counts as eldritch intuition....

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Well, I'm a goody-two-shoes at heart, so it's a no-brainer that I'll try to use my powers for good, and I'm a fair hand at imagining good uses for bad powers. So let's see what lies in the cards...

...I'm sorry, what? ...Fuck.

...Guess I'm working on my negotiation and acting abilities. Should be able to find work as a closer or Hollywood Heartthrob. Because at least then I have some useful application of the power instead of just the old song and dance of

"I'm a monster, baby. There's no saving me. You should just...stay away, for your own good!"

Which feels like it would get old really fast.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010

That's pretty nice. I could do a lot with that.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Okay this power is deeply contextual and as much as I'd love to sacrifice some of my idiot colleagues to a dark god for power and influence I think that's going against the grain of the idea. Short answer, useless outside of some VERY, VERY specific circumstances.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I got...

Woooo! If I get good at it then I can fix my own eyes. I guess I got one of the most stereotypical special powers, cool. Maybe I could also write, "Eat at Joe's" on the moon.

Wintermute

Elite Member
Apr 25, 2020
Pindorama
" Jigsaw Manipulation "

User can create, shape and manipulate any sort of jigsaw puzzle pieces, and can do things such as putting them together or reshaping each piece or moving pieces with telekinesis or even using them as weapons.

Sounds like the shittiest superpower ever.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
" Jigsaw Manipulation "

User can create, shape and manipulate any sort of jigsaw puzzle pieces, and can do things such as putting them together or reshaping each piece or moving pieces with telekinesis or even using them as weapons.

We're gonna make the worst Justice League ever.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
" Jigsaw Manipulation "

Depends on what can be defined as a jigsaw. If you make a giant steel jigsaw puzzle then you could just hurl them at people or if you made them super sharp then you could be a lumber jack. Trust me, it's not the worst, I looked through some of the powers on that site and one of them was "Ability to survive a creation event (Like the big bang)" which might as well be no super power at all.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
" Jigsaw Manipulation "

If you lived in the world of The Lego Movie that would in essence make you the superior master builder.