Gal Gun Remaster canned for the XBOX One, still coming to Steam and Switch

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

This news is music to my ears, when people want more Japanese games people think of titles like Yakuza and Final Fantasy, not a game that represent the mistakes of the Vita and the Niche fanbase that rabidly defend this game.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Celebrating the fact that people can't have a thing you dislike just makes you seem vindictive and petty

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Isn't this series an xbox original that was later ported to ps3? Funny to see how MS is treating their original IPs lol.

But yeah this kinda thing I guess you wanna play on a switch or on pc with vr gear or something, it's basically like an arcade shooter.

Gyrobot

May 13, 2020
Well it's a bit tasteless and not a terribly good rail shooter, but it's rather churlish to celebrate something not being released just because it doesn't appeal to your tastes.
Yeah and I should have stayed quiet when Yakuza wasn't gonna get localized 10 years ago while these games were. Meanwhile they get hit by bad news like this and I am expected to show sympathy or pity? I would rather not endorse the legacy of a sub-genre of bad Japanese games be part of this generation of Consoles much like how much I dislike how the shovelware on Steam turns EGS to a beacon of money and free of problematic games.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah and I should have stayed quiet when Yakuza wasn't gonna get localized 10 years ago while these games were. Meanwhile they get hit by bad news like this and I am expected to show sympathy or pity? I would rather not endorse the legacy of a sub-genre of bad Japanese games be part of this generation of Consoles much like how much I dislike how the shovelware on Steam turns EGS to a beacon of money and free of problematic games.
Remember kids, its much more wholesome to rip a womans spine out through her neck then to see a nipple. Nipples are the causes of 3 of 4 things.

Gyrobot

May 13, 2020
Remember kids, its much more wholesome to rip a womans spine out through her neck then to see a nipple. Nipples are the causes of 3 of 4 things.
More like "Sexual content is fine, if you are responsible with it". I hate when people conflate the standard of violence being fine over sex.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't know why people not getting a game on platform they like tickles your genitals so much, but it's immature, sad, and pathetic. People can still get it on Steam and Switch, so it's not like most that want it are hurting for options. I may not care for the game, but it has the right to exist like any other game. Gorey violence or otaku pandering fan-service; it's a free market. Don't like, don't play, or don't watch. It's that simple. You're not as enlighnted or mature as you believe yourself if that's your reaction. False maturity is all your spitting.

Gyrobot

May 13, 2020
I don't know why people not getting a game on platform they like tickles your genitals so much, but it's immature, sad, and pathetic. People can still get it on Steam and Switch, so it's not like most that want it are hurting for options. I may not care for the game, but it has the right to exist like any other game. Gorey violence or otaku pandering fan-service; it's a free market. Don't like, don't play, or don't watch. It's that simple. You're not as enlighnted or mature as you believe yourself if that's your reaction. False maturity is all your spitting.
It paints a narrative that is where trash belongs, letting ignorance and poor taste go is why shovelware exist. So any bad news for weebs who support this kind of game is good news to me.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It paints a narrative that is where trash belongs, letting ignorance and poor taste go is why shovelware exist. So any bad news for weebs who support this kind of game is good news to me.
You literally gain nothing from this aside from self-hating smug satisfaction. You don't get money and you don't become better as a person. So you're petty, self-serving, self-hatig narrative does nothing in the grand scheme of things. Shovelware is always going to exist; don't buy it and move on with your life. If men and women wanna spend on money on the fan-service game, it's their right and choice. A choice you don't agree with because it's in your face and you have to deal with it. You're no different from Jack Thompson or those pathetic Watch Dog parents and soccer moms. He/She Who fights monsters, Gyrobot. Besides, does not stop all of the other fan-service in many other games and future games. So have fun getting your panties in a bunch over nothing while I go and enjoy life not worrying about trivial matters, if some people getting their rocks off over anime titties and panties.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I can almost see your point. I don't like it when bad journalists get away with bad journalism, and I am more than happy to make fun of their more egregious failures, and I would like to see good journalists call out bad journalists more often, because I think it would be better for the industry as a whole if everyone were held to a higher standard.

But games are not like journalists. Journalists influence the culture and the medium, and how both are perceived by outsiders.
A game by itself has no power. It's just one game in a sea of other games. It's not dragging the industry down or influencing it in any way.

Maybe if a game is really revolutionary and changes everything, like loot boxes or "battle passes" or some exorbitant scheme that is just so addictive and successful everyone else has to do it or be swallowed up by the bigger fish... then maybe you can complain how one specific game is bad for the industry as a whole.

But Gal Gun definitely isn't that game. It's really not worth getting upset over.
It's like getting upset over Cory in the House.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
Well it's a bit tasteless and not a terribly good rail shooter, but it's rather churlish to celebrate something not being released just because it doesn't appeal to your tastes.

Yakuza has lots of content that could be seen as problematic, and i say that as someone who (obviously)loves the series.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Gyrobot

May 13, 2020
Define "responsible with it."
No one in the west is gonna bat an eye if you have sex and nudity proper, just don't go and try and act all cute and NOT call it that or scream hypocrisy because another game has it and the fans refuse to self reflect on it whatsoever and instead keep blaming others for the perceived persecution aimed at them. You knew it was gonna happen but refused to do anything about it.

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
No one in the west is gonna bat an eye if you have sex and nudity proper, just don't go and try and act all cute and NOT call it that or scream hypocrisy because another game has it and the fans refuse to self reflect on it whatsoever and instead keep blaming others for the perceived persecution aimed at them. You knew it was gonna happen but refused to do anything about it.
What are you talking about?