Galactic Civilizations III Announced

Kahani

May 25, 2011
BigTuk said:
Gee another Galactic Civ game. Lovely it can do what it does best, failing to be as good as Master of Orion 2.
That's not quite fair. What GalCiv actually does best is fail to be as good as Space Empires (4 for GC1, 5 for GC2). But I'm sure making it an online multiplayer game with shiny graphics will change all that.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Well those stains aren't coming out of the carpet. In other news: OHMAGODOHMAGODOHMAGODOHMAGODOHMAGODOHMAGODOHMAGODOHMAGODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Yeah I'm a bit excited for this.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
Hopefully, this will be less buggy than Sword of the Stars II, have more interesting content than Stardrive, be more engaging than Endless Space and be on a larger scale than Sins of a Solar Empire.

Then it will be perfect.

Jan 27, 2011
They're making a sequel to one of my favourite strategy conquest games of all time? Sign me the heck up!

I played the shit out of GC2 a few years back. And I just hope this new one still allows for freeform campaigns, lots of frustratingly nasty events popping up at EXACTLY the wrong time, and the creation of custom races (portraits and all) so that I can once again square off against a race of warlike Koopas led by an aggressive and petulant Bowser as well as a race of multicolored ponies who are surprisingly hard to deal with despite being pushovers in combat due to the fact they rapidly make massive alliances that will squash anyone who looks at them funny (to say nothing of them breeding so fast they take over the galactic senate).

Overall, my hopes for GC3 are high, although this super serious looking trailer has me a BIT worried. GC2 wasn't serious at all. In fact it was downright silly at points. I really hope this seriousness doesn't carry over into freeform campaigns...

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
I need to change my pants. Bricks were shat, and I came.

OH MY GOD... Now if only Freespace 3 was announced, I can die happy.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
wombat_of_war said:
stop mentioning master of orion 3.. it feeds off your mentioning it and some poor fool might be tempted to purchase it.
personally i know of people who have purchased multiple copies of that game merely to save others from it.

im really looking forward to this.. landing my troops and slaughtering settlements :D
*looks at desktop and sees Master of Orion 3*
Gonna go cry, blame GOG for having it on sale with Master of Orion 1 and 2.

Also Steam is having a stardock sale, if for reason you lack Galactic Civilizations 2 you can get the ultimate edition for $5.