Gallery of the Day - Bad Batman Decisions

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
Gallery of the Day - Bad Batman Decisions

To celebrate the casting of Ben Affleck as the next Batman in the Man of Steel sequel, we give you the worst decisions in Batman films.

Read Full Article

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
To be fair it seems like this could have just been one entry reading "Batman & Robin."

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Look at the rampant sexualisation of comic book characters. Nipples on batman? Madness I say.

I am joking of course, but you do have to wonder what they were thinking. They look like the sensors I have on the back of my car that beep when I am reversing and there is an obstacle. Perhaps they have some kind of similar ability?

2HF

May 24, 2011
Say one bad thing about Alicia Silverstone in skintight rubber/leather and we're going to have to rumble...

Jaden Kazega

Nov 12, 2011
Diddy_Mao said:
To be fair it seems like this could have just been one entry reading "Batman & Robin."
I'm kind of with this guy: you could have simply said 'Batman and Robin. Enough said.' and then called it a day. Not to mention, most of the subject matter was completely subjective. Barbara Gordon not being Batgirl? I total get that and it bugged me too. Arnold as Mr. Fries? What's wrong with that? Because it was so over-the-top is why it as such a good portrayal of him, imo.

Nuxxy

Feb 3, 2011
Yeah, to be honest, Arnold out-acted everyone else in that movie. Shame of the rest. 'Bane', on the other hand, was the absolute low point of the movie, and they didn't even mention him.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Jaden Kazega said:
Arnold as Mr. Fries? What's wrong with that? Because it was so over-the-top is why it as such a good portrayal of him, imo.
I think it's because the portrayal of him flips between cheesy one-liners and sad character moments. One minute he's happy and laughing and the next he's reminiscing about his dead wife. It's kind of off-putting.
2HF said:
Say one bad thing about Alicia Silverstone in skintight rubber/leather and we're going to have to rumble...
So she's one character you would like to see with bat nipples? XD

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
I liked Arnold as Mr. Freeze a lot more than Jim Carrey as The Riddler. And no mention of how disturbing Danny DeVito was as The Penguin?
Danny DeVito's Penguin was pretty decent at least compared to every other pre-Begins batman villains.

Jack Nicholson's Joker wasn't comedic enough.
Tommy Lee Jones's Two Face was too comedic.
Jim Carrey's Riddler was also too comedic.
Arnold Schwarzenegger's Freeze was just a blue Schwarzenegger in a plastic suit.
Uma Thurman Poison Ivy was to cartoony, but then I think she was trying to keep in tone with everyone else, because she not normally that bad of an actor.

They are too old now but I always thought Nicholson would be a good Two Face and Tommy Lee would be a good Joker. Because that's basically what they were doing anyway judging by their acting in those movies.

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
I actually like Batman and Robin because it's so ridiculously dumb and fun. Super hero movies should be about the fun things that can happen in a fictional world, not the boring humdrum of our world. I'm not a big fan of the Nolan Batman films for just that reason - everything is so goddamn serious.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
At least Arnold's Mr.Freeze gave us this.

A funk remix of all of his Ice cold puns.

Amazing!

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Arnold as Mr Freeze was the best batman movie decision ever made in a batman movie. Too bad it had to sink with the bad movie it was put in. Still, it has one of the best quotes in movie history: Some days you just cant get rid of a bomb".

I hope we will get another Batman & Robin. We certainly could take a rest of the oversaturation of all things batman we got right now. Same goes for Superman and that monkeyspider. Why cant we explore other "heroes" more. Why must we beat the same horse over and over again?

Legion said:
They look like the sensors I have on the back of my car that beep when I am reversing and there is an obstacle. Perhaps they have some kind of similar ability?
Boob detector? Well with batman this may well be their real purpose.

Burchy22

Oct 1, 2012
Was hoping at least one of the eight pages was about Burton or Nolan but nope, just another attack on Schumacher.
I know now that they aren't good films, but I liked them as a kid and just don't think they deserve the hate that they get. I remember Forever being my favorite of the four.

Now, I agree that just because a film is made for kids that in no way means that it should be half assed or less enjoyable for an adult, but to me a film that is hated as much as this should fail not only as a film but also at its target audience.