Gallery of the Day - Pixelated Boobs

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Blunderboy said:
Excellently done chaps.

Now in the interest of balance, where are the newsworthy cocks? :p
Now now. This was gaming boobs, not gaming c*nts. ;p

But if that was an invitation to get the party started with some fabulous male eye-candy...

Hydra1432

Dec 24, 2008
I believe the whole point of this is to remind people who are upset with Dragon's Crown is that boobs in games is nothing new, in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way.

Alcaste

Mar 2, 2011
my problem with dragon's crown isn't the boobs, its the fact that the characters look and move like blobs. in an attempt to be sexually appealing to the young adult audience, they instead created an amazon made out of jello.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Well, judging by a lot of these comments, I'd say the real entertainment is watching the more serious minded readers just blow up. Who's got the popcorn?

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Alcaste said:
my problem with dragon's crown isn't the boobs, its the fact that the characters look and move like blobs. in an attempt to be sexually appealing to the young adult audience, they instead created an amazon made out of jello.
Yeah, they freak me out a bit too. Personally, I think outrageously-large boobs need a certain amount of firmness to stay sexy. Otherwise it's just wobbly fat.

But hey, different strokes for different folks. If we were all the same the world would be a jolly boring place.

Sep 14, 2009
Dead Century said:
This is hilarious! Post some boobs and the sexism obsessed part of the community reacts like sleeping bear being poked with a stick.
this content most definitely deserves the steve irwin award, my popcorn couldn't be anymore delicious...

to think, i wasn't going to get on the escapist today.

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
major_chaos said:
Classy. Good to see the Escapist doing its best to give people like Anita that much more ground to stand on. Just when I was starting to think that the people calling gaming culture a sex obsessed, testosterone poisoned, boys only club were overreacting.
Ah yes, always nice to be reminded that being sexually attracted to women, and particular parts of female anatomy, makes me a misogynist. Classy.

Sep 14, 2009
MetalMagpie said:
Blunderboy said:
Excellently done chaps.

Now in the interest of balance, where are the newsworthy cocks? :p
Now now. This was gaming boobs, not gaming c*nts. ;p

But if that was an invitation to get the party started with some fabulous male eye-candy...

every single one of those pics is covering up the pecs in some way, FUCKING SEXIST HORSESHIT, GIMME THEM MAN TITTIES OPEN AND GLEAMING AT ME.

Skeggers

Mar 1, 2012
Successful satire condemns, unsuccessful satire inadvertently glorifies. This is most definitely the latter. I have no idea where the tongue ends and the cheek begins, but it's not a pretty sight either way.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Lonewolfm16 said:
There is nothing wrong with being attracted to women, but this kind of "hurrr lookit dem titties" has no place on a site that supposedly prides itself on intelligent discussion and including everyone. Like I said in my first post, this kind of thing hangs a juvenile "no girls allowed" sign over the gaming community, in this very thread I have seen some posters who IIRC are female being uncomfortable with this nonsense. In the interest of balance I think the next gallery should consist entirely of men in bulging banana hammocks, I think a bunch of the people here would be far less enthusiastic.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
Is this supposed to be funny? Because it failed. I don't even care about the boobs thing, this is just complete shit compared to what the Escapist normally puts out. It was badly written, badly put together, just a big waste of time.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
When I saw "Pixelated" I was thinking Mosaic style cencorship.
I was thiking "A gallery illustrating topless women in games where their boobs were cencored?"

All I could think of is the Saints Row series for this though. Yeah, you can go mosaic naked, and go streaking. At least in 2, and 3. Naked in 4 definitely.

Maybe Saboteur as there's a DLC that lets you see boobs.

None the less, aah, memories of FF7. Tifa's boobs didn't make the game for me, or cause me to get it (the name Final Fantasy did, and it was one of my first PSX games) but I still love her character the most. She had it going on in ability, appearance, and inside.
And the original DoA. I played that one a lot. ^-^

Okay, adding to the discussion time:
People -always- cared about these gender issues. They didn't always have the outlet, though. The internet wasn't always widely used, or accessable, or cheap.
People didn't necessarily have popular sites to to get some momentum.
Lots of reasons we never really saw topics as much until recently.

braincore02

Jan 14, 2008
I love how everyone clicks on this then starts talking smack about this article. What did you expect to find when you clicked on something called "Gallery of the Day - Pixelated Boobs"

I guess you can have your cake and feel superior too.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Hydra1432 said:
I believe the whole point of this is to remind people who are upset with Dragon's Crown is that boobs in games is nothing new, in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way.
Um... actually its not that dragons crown is a 'new thing' but that its pretty much par for the course that people are complaigning about

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
major_chaos said:
Lonewolfm16 said:
There is nothing wrong with being attracted to women, but this kind of "hurrr lookit dem titties" has no place on a site that supposedly prides itself on intelligent discussion and including everyone. Like I said in my first post, this kind of thing hangs a juvenile "no girls allowed" sign over the gaming community, in this very thread I have seen some posters who IIRC are female being uncomfortable with this nonsense. In the interest of balance I think the next gallery should consist entirely of men in bulging banana hammocks, I think a bunch of the people here would be far less enthusiastic.
So we can't have intelligent discussion AND also enjoy ogling hot females? I don't see why. And if you are female, and uncomfortable with the idea of scantily clad, big breasted women I question why you went into a thread/gallery entitled "pixelated boobs". Unless your complaint is that it exists at all, which seems rather draconian. I don't like this thing, therefore no one else is allowed to either. Not every single thing on the site needs to appeal to every single person. People have different interests,even in sexual attraction. And as most forum polls have shown, the community is overwhelmingly male and straight, so this gallery appealing to the majority is unsurprising. No one is required to balance everything out. Each thread for a Western game doesn't have to have a equivalent one for a Eastern game. As for your idea for a gallery... not quite comparable. A better idea is one of pictures of gaming's hot shirtless men, which some people have already started posting. So, I have a suggestion. If you want a thread dedicated to the ogling of hot men, make one. I don't know about anyone else, but you have my full blessing and support.

lord canti

May 30, 2009
Does anyone else miss the days where people actually had a sense of humor about things? yeah me to.