Game Dogs: Episode Six: The Cleric

Levitas1234

Oct 28, 2009
Honestly i find nothing funny about this show, why would they be playing dungeons and dogs? Its not like its called dungeons and humans irl so adding the dogs just seems like some cheap set up joke to go with the pointless "everyone's a dog" theme. Why dogs anyways, it seems just stupid to have a game developing team made out of dogs just for cheap set up jokes involving dogs.

What is with the catch phrase "Are you insane", is the show trying to be a purposely mediocre sitcom? Purposely mediocre is still mediocre!

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
Who the flying fuck says "sigh" out loud?

Also reusing UF realms jokes from the very first episode is not cool or original.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Yeah, Bethany, keep on saying, "sigh" rather than actually sighing. Is that in the script, or do I like Bethany's voice actor even less than before? Sorry Russ, I know she's a pal of yours, but geez.

Also, despite what anyone has said, NEVER MENTION SEX ON THIS SHOW. I beg you, I plead with you, don't do it! Go as far as relationships and that's it. I know you haven't yet, but lots of good, intelligent opinions I've read about the show have that ill-fated spice peppered on top. If you change anything, don't change that!

Bethany as a character, as it stands right now, is the typical "gamer girl". I wasn't sure about it before, I didn't want to jump to conclusions, but she is! She says, "bitchin'", as if she were serious, she growls (not actually growling, but saying "Grrr") whenever someone is biased because of her gender, which everyone is I guess... she demands respect but doesn't do anything to deserve respect. The only way it could be worse is if she started falling for one of the characters, Taming of the Shrew-style. She needs a personality of her own, now. Otherwise, this show isn't going anywhere. Everyone else is alright with me, they don't bother me that much but they don't stand out either. Hope to see some changes next episode!

random123456789

Sir Grand Boogie Master
Mar 17, 2009
Okay another good, funny episode but completely ripped-off Unfortgotten Realms with that invisble door stuff

ad5x5

Jun 23, 2009
another good episode - loved the exchange with Gary about working when in the break room and taking their breaks in the break room

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
GameGoddess101 said:
Okay, I am no glad I've stuck with this one because this episode was hilarious. Gary is getting less annoying and I love the girl right now.

"Sigh..." I say sigh sometimes.
flaming_squirrel said:
Who the flying fuck says "sigh" out loud?

Also reusing UF realms jokes from the very first episode is not cool or original.
Hah, awesome exchange.

And yes, that's where I've heard that joke - in UF. And of course we know where the "I cast Magic Missile" joke comes from.

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
Know what, it's not that awful of show. Just, I think the comedy as stated is a little meh and re-used and expected. Like others have said with the 'Search for traps.' was definatly a down point for this episode.
Finally, if the girl says 'Sigh.' one more time I will never watch an episode ever again.

Ever.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Anyone else notice this was very similar to the beginning of unforgotten realms? "I search for traps" Oh, and I find it really annoying how instead of just sighing, she says "sigh" every time.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
jebussaves88 said:
I'm actually glad for this shows existance. Game Dogs stands as a shining example of how to alienate your websites core audience and to create characters and plot lines that are done better by its peers and offer nothing new whatsoever. Doraleous and Associates is no golden nugget either, but it is by far the best animated show the Escapist has offered so far. Ditch this monstrosity and the ongoing embarrassment which is Apocalypse Lane (I would love to see if the traffic for that cartoon justifies its presence) and you would certainly have a more respectable video line up.
I agree with you here. I've given this show five chances to change my opinion of it after its god-awful debut, and each time I've left confused as to how anyone could possibly think it's humorous in any conceivable way.

Oh well. At least some of these people find enjoyment in this shl... show. Good for them.

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
I have to say, this show would largely benefit from not having gary. Seriously most annoying character ever, yet still boring as well as predictable.

Volstag9

Apr 28, 2008
Not bad not bad at all. i still not laughing hysterically but i am close to.

good job overall

Composer

Aug 3, 2009
u ripped off a Urealms joke =_= not cool
ps to the dude above me...i love your avatar image.

Oalix

Oct 30, 2009
Great episode...have been watching this series over my fiancee's shoulder and decided to watch from my laptop today. So i can post, I think this one has been the best i have seen.

Just a note, im a female Dungeons and Dragons player and i have never played a Cleric.

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
-20hp for "casting magic missile up gary's ass" and "I check for hidden doors". What next, "I wanna cast a spell"?

Seriously, if you want to stop people saying "This is shit, bring back UR", BRING BACK UR. Just because you paint your Metro the same colour as the Ferrari you used to own doesn't make the Metro any less shit.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
wordsmith said:
-20hp for "casting magic missile up gary's ass" and "I check for hidden doors". What next, "I wanna cast a spell"?

Seriously, if you want to stop people saying "This is shit, bring back UR", BRING BACK UR. Just because you paint your Metro the same colour as the Ferrari you used to own doesn't make the Metro any less shit.
...Gah. The UR guys stopped making videos, it wasn't Escapist's fault.