Game Dogs: Episode Three: Mr. Yee

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
You did it. You friggin did it. Well, lemme rephrase that. You did two things...

1) You used the girl gamer cliche; someone saying "Girls don't play video games". I had hope when she made fun of it herself right before that comment, but then you friggin did it. For shame...

2) The other thing I'm amazed you did, was have this series actually make me laugh a bit. The last two were GOD AWFUL by usual Escapist standards, in my opinion, thought the houdn from episode 2 did kind of make me chuckle at how much of a creeper he was...

What made me laugh this time around was the main boss, Mr. Yee. He reminds me of a similar character, Paula's (Brendon's mom) boss from the Adult Swim series, Home Movies.

Still, I'd have to say I'm not really liking this one. Whoel thing just seems kind of overdone...

Still, good luck.

NikonovT

Feb 1, 2010
I'd say "That's strike three", but I don't know. It just seems a bit quick to judge it on the first three episodes.

Sheesh, though. Sitting through all three of these was painful. There's a lot of work to be done.

BrightDeathFriend

Dec 31, 2008
Pretty cool. I like how the female lead has the same name as me! :D Not enough famous Bethany's in this world!

Though Beth would probably be a cooler name for her.....cuz Beth sounds cooler....and thats my nickname....

...I like pizza :p

WASN'T to keen on the anti-girl gaming comment from Yee though... :S

AceMcBadass

Jan 1, 2010
That was strike 3 for me, but for some reason im not ready to give up on the show completely just yet. I'll give you till the end of the inning. 2 outs to go...

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
I can't help but think "Satanism + Antarctica = demonic penguins!"

Also, I found the episode vaguely amusing. Not bad, definitely improving.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
zala-taichou said:
Okay, Mr Yee was cool. But again the main characters manage to be unfunny and well... soulless. Which is okay if you have to make a satanist game, I guess.
Soulless is the word I've been looking for these past episodes, thank you a lot. I mean no offense, but the characters seem very shallow...

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
Hahaha this is great! Mr. Yee is so genious. Surely there is a market for satanic rituals... right? I liked Bethany's growl, it was so appropriate. keep it up guys! (although Mr. Yee may get annoying if used to frequently... just saying.)

charliesauce

Jun 5, 2009
Slow...Mono-tone...bland...just all around bad voice acting tbh....along with snail slow pace to the whole dialogue, people with giant monologue's...that wont stop talking come on where is the smart snappy script or anything.

Sorry to say this but this...attempt at a ....whatever it is....has failed in hardcore style.

Gief people with Charisma next time. ok...?

and who the hell is saying this is funny...did you pay them or something or just create a few accounts too build a fan base....?

Yours Uber'ly

Charliesauce.

Cmanaway

Dec 30, 2009
I'm sure some people out there have convinced themselves that this show is funny because they think it is "smart humor" and like to feel superior, but the thing is, smart humor doesn't have to be boring.

And Mr. Yee is not funny. He's annoying, cliched and loud.

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
Yeaaah, nooo... I did smile a bit (which is exactly 'a bit' more than the first 2 episodes) at the satany parts, but still I think I'll leave this one alone.

JimmerDunda

Sep 12, 2009
I like how all the people with furry-related names and avatars come in here supporting the hell out of this. Not to be offensive, but it looks kinda projecting. Especially since the majority of reasonable people here agree this series is not looking good at all.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
The first two episodes were weak (incredibly weak) but this was better. Mr. Yee was a riot and I look forward to seeing more of him. I was going to give up on this show but this episode was actually not bad, actually funny in places, so I will stick around for a while to see if the trend continues.

DekuDurden

Oct 22, 2008
Worst series ever.

The only person I know who finds it funny is a woman who spends 9 hours in a cubicle (decorated corner to corner with pictures of her pets) and never shuts up about the "cute thing" her obese cat recently did.

Time to put the rabid-dog down behind the barn.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
this plot is seems like the book Jpod or something and there might be a turtle involved.

it is alright but these series take a bit to get off the ground soo i shall wait

onda

Jan 7, 2010
I don't know why I keep watching these.

Yes anyway, a boss with bad memory? Rock and or roll? These were all done before, quite recently! I know every Idea has been done before and soforth but this was done in the last maybe ten years, and by the simpsons! Seriously, if your gonna take peoples jokes, make sure you take them from someone un-noticed.

This show still sucks. Incredibally much. Nice growling by the way.