Game Dogs: Episode Two: Break Room

Zahri

Dec 15, 2008
Anyone else think Chet's idea was a blatant rip off of Legend of Zelda?

Tell me if i was ninja'd earlier :eek:

ilion

Aug 20, 2009
well at least the animation is good, but its too bland. Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds was much better. lol

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
The characters are one dimensional and milquetoast...or maybe "milque-bone"? Haha, already I'm funnier then anything that was said, done or shown in your entire episode.

To the writers of this episode: You guys are either completely untalented or you need something to kick you out of whatever rut you are in and find your muse. I suggest getting altered in some way either via the use of caffeine, alcohol, or other means. Do this with friends to amplify the effect.

Seriously, when I HAD a job, just about every meeting had some kind of funny story attached to it. I had a crazy Alaskan-Republican boss that would talk about his hunting trips in Africa...immediately after these meetings, when he left, we would blast Toto's "Africa" from our computers for a solid half hour afterward as we were singing along. Our boss was just too easy to make fun of.

Boxinatorizore

Mar 25, 2009
That was... uh... it was... no. It was just no. NO!

EDIT: I need some constructive criticism.

1.Improve the voice acting and have more interesting voices

2.It feels like a kid show, make it stop

3.Don't over do puns with dogs... seriously

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
I really liked it! I loved how Roger was giving an inspiringly robust game idea that sounded a lot like Fable and Fable 2 then Chet just says, "Castle Wolfensteen remake", I laughed so hard when Roger agreed to it because of gore content.

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
This is pretty much "Office Space" in a dog suit. Which is an interesting image but not really a interesting series so far.

jjcobra

Nov 28, 2009
They're working on new episodes for Unforgotten Realms... But they won't be here I don't think. just goto wittywizard.com.

PlasticLion

Nov 21, 2009
I just don't know.

They say, "You can't make a career ripping off other games," then the idea that they come up with is Zelda.

Are they separate jokes? Or was the joke that they didn't want to rip off a game and then did? Or was the joke about how Zelda always rips it's own self off?

It was either completely unfunny or there was funny in there that didn't get worded properly. It needs better execution.

Or an execution.

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
Yeah I gave it a chance and... well... It just isn't funny. Kinda depressing actually.

BigD145

Sep 18, 2009
You desperately need to get some nylon stockings and make a wind screen for your microphones.

heliosa

Jul 24, 2008
So... I've been reading the comments, And I think people should maybe wait a little while before quitting , since it took like, what, 9 episodes for Apocalypse lane to get good? I don't know, it just seems like people are being really hostile to this.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Heh, good episode, I liked it.

But since I don't like just going "LOL, AWSUM!" I'll put in some critique.

In regards to the animation itself; I would recommend to animate the eyebrows a bit more. Just moving them up or down every once and a while doesn't really do much and it makes them all look stiff. Gary looked angry throughout the entire thing, and while that is his character I suppose, if you raise his eyebrows to make him look confused or baffled at the "idea dog" thing it would make it that much enjoyable. Same thing with the eyes themselves, have them blink just a tad more, they stare off into space way too much.

As for the jokes themselves, I'm not much of a "comedy" expert (or an animation one for that matter), but don't overdo the dog puns. You've got a good setting, putting in interesting characters, so make something out of that.

Other than that, a pretty good episode. Can't wait for more.