Game Dogs: Episode Two: Break Room

The Random One

May 29, 2008
What happened to the jokes? I'm sure there were some in the pilot episode. This was like watching a reality show. With dogs. And swords. Okay it was marginally better than a reality show.

pickleweasel785

Dec 28, 2009
When I started watching this I was expecting something more like the first episode.. but this was just awful.. at no point throughout watching this did I laugh. This was a very dull episode and i had trouble watching the whole thing.

I'll give it one more week though.

heliosa

Jul 24, 2008
Samcanuck said:
heliosa said:
So... I've been reading the comments, And I think people should maybe wait a little while before quitting , since it took like, what, 9 episodes for Apocalypse lane to get good? I don't know, it just seems like people are being really hostile to this.
I disagree. Apocalypse had good character development, with unique personalities. Jokes were pretty good throughout, and the punch line always made me smile or laugh.

This is a large leap backwards.
That wasn't the point. It's more along the lines of "Give it time, and it see if it gets better."

Skizzo321

Jan 18, 2010
I thought it was a step in the right direction. Better than the first episode.

Think the writing needs to have more cuss words, doesn't really sound like break room talk to me...

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
That episode was a lot funnier in my opinion, I really liked it.

Like, quite a bit.

Oh also, why the hell are so many people ripping on the music?? I love the music!

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
First off, intro to long, that's what credits are for and the theme is very repetitive. Overall this series has the ability to become much better. Maybe steal some more Grandma's Boy jokes( like the boss Mr. Yi or whatever his name is).

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
I... can't believe it. I'm one of the people who persisted to give this another go, and yet I didn't so much as smile during this. I actually did a minor face palm during the hero speech.

Is this actually supposed to be a comedy? Or do I have completely the wrong idea?
Is it supposed to be.... a drama? Or...?

RootbeerJello

Jul 19, 2009
Please eliminate the words radical and duh. The characters definitely feel forced, and I honestly haven't seen anything yet to make this feel Escapist-like. The plot also kind of jumped in way before the characters were established enough. I actually think that adding some more emotion to the voice acting will make it a lot better.

emh204

Oct 20, 2008
think ill give it a chance quick question though any of you other dudes find bethany the female dog sorta hot

elricik

Nov 1, 2008
It was better than last week. I have a feeling these first few episodes are just to establish characters and setting and plot, next week we will all know the characters and the setting so their will be no need for exposition and we can just get to the jokes. I'm starting to like this series, more now than I did last week, but they've still got a long way to go to match the awesomeness of other video's on the Escapist.

WhiteRat07

Some guy
Aug 13, 2009
I'm liking gary and bob more than the main charcters. I liked it though and will keep coming back.

talonjadeone

Apr 15, 2009
The only thing that spared this episode was the nice speech at the end...I don't like to say no before you even get a chance SO i will hang tough for the next few episodes but so far... I have yet to see anything that's worth my time.
Remember Capture our attention! Wow us!!! I want to be thrilled! Also more character emphasize, as of now I don't care about any of these characters... BORING...Sorry... where is the fun in this? if you must, start the action off first then move back to fill in like (AL: they retraced their steps to fill in after we were hooked!)...DRY...so far not fun for me...

WilliamWhite1

Sep 27, 2008
I'm not too sure about this one; the humor doesn't seem like it's enough to push it over the edge, and the animation isn't doing enough for me either. I don't know, maybe I still have to wait and see if it'll get better, but thus far I'm still skeptical. We'll just have to see where it goes.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
Ok, I'm going to have to call them out on this one.
Look, I've seen this all before. This is essentially "Code Monkeys"... with DOGS.

Worse, it's like Code Monkeys meets the office meets Mr. Meaty.. with DOGS.

Nothing inspiring here, nothing original, nothing unique.
If this series lasts, it'll do so without me because I just can't find anything to enjoy about this series.