Game Dogs: Season 2 Promo

George Palmer

Halfro Representative
Feb 23, 2009
Kimosaber said:
-You cannot have a show that looks like it takes place entirely in the late 70's/early 80's and make references to the present.
Sure you can! Its a cartoon! :D

Oh and the show is "$25,000 Pyramid" not "Password".

lol

Guy Montag

Jan 9, 2010
as said before, this sole video was substantially funnier than the entire first season. the whole 'things russia doesn't have' bit was absolutely vicious, but that's probably the reason why I was laughing my ass off at it. well done, hopefully the entire series will be similarly improved.

Kimosaber

Nov 2, 2008
George Palmer said:
Kimosaber said:
-You cannot have a show that looks like it takes place entirely in the late 70's/early 80's and make references to the present.
Sure you can! Its a cartoon! :D

Oh and the show is "$25,000 Pyramid" not "Password".

lol
Drat, I knew it was either Password or 25K Pyramid x3

The thing is, jokes like these feel extremely out of place and actually quite a bit forced, because they seem like they're there in a desperate plea to make you laugh, because the material that could exist in the period isn't working. It was like "You didn't get that? Uh, uh...LOOK! JUSTIN BIEBER! OH HE'S SO FUNNY, HAHAHAHA! OHHH, that Ryan Seacrest fellow, he's such a silly person! Hahahahaha! (please laugh)"

If you can't rely on the material that the time period you set gives you, why did you set it in that period to begin with? That's not funny, that's just poor.

And unless there's an explanation that they somehow have the technology to make a dimensional gate to view our world at this point in time and have everyone know about the likes of Bieber and Seacrest, the "alternate universe" take doesn't work.

Now if they actually put this explanation or something similar in a future episode, I could live with it because hell, it explains it and why they have E3 instead of CES if they explain it properly (didn't have the technology working before E3 made it big, thus only E3 is shown). As it stands currently, it's just dumb.

George Palmer

Halfro Representative
Feb 23, 2009
I absolutly love the idea that you can't handle a joke out of place because it doesn't fit in a certain time (ie a Beiber joke in the late 1970's) but you have absolutley no problem accepting that talking dogs wear pants and are contestants on a game show.

My genius is once again overshadowed. :) ahh well. I'll try to remember your advice if I should, say, put Mr. Yee in Colonial America and feel the incredible urge to have him make a Hitler joke. Actually now that I mention that...

Kimosaber

Nov 2, 2008
George Palmer said:
I absolutly love the idea that you can't handle a joke out of place because it doesn't fit in a certain time (ie a Beiber joke in the late 1970's) but you have absolutley no problem accepting that talking dogs wear pants and are contestants on a game show.
This is where the "it's a cartoon" argument works. "It's a cartoon" explains the funny animals; it does not explain the seeming need to squarepeg Noughties jokes into an environment to where they don't belong.

But, I digress. The rest of the material was good, this just ticks me off because the show is so obviously set back in the 70's/80's/Possibly months before the Crash we're practically hit over the head with it, and there's still loads of good material there from that era ("The gaming industry is invincible! We're set for life!"), but here we are cracking jokes at Justin Bieber. It's virtually the easiest way out you can take, and that's saying something for a series based around canine video-game developers.

And admittedly it was still funny, I'm not saying it was bad, but it didn't fit at all. Was the deadline just that tight or something?

careful

Jul 28, 2010
lol well done, im looking forward to watching more episodes
this series should be more about game programming than other random stuff

Calbeck

Bearer of Pointed Commentary
Jul 13, 2008
Seriously had me laughing quite a bit..then again, I remember the old game show too.