Game Dogs: Season 2 Promo

randomsix

Apr 20, 2009
Exterminas said:
I believe I am the only one, who understood the reference with the shoe.
Khrushchev happened way before I was born and I got it, so I'm sure others did.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I really disliked the show but this promo brought a smile to my face. I can honestly say that I am now looking forward to season 2. Here's hoping that it's much better than season 1.

CaseySmith

Mar 5, 2010
Dana22 said:
If I was a Russian, I wouldn't find this very funny.

But I am not, and I still don't.
I found it funny, because it gave the impression that Americans thought they had all of those things. =p

MajorKris

Aug 10, 2009
This was a nice surprise when I came on today. I found the promo really funny. I personally find some users to be rather harsh, but their entitled to their opinion. You can't really help it if you don't find something funny.

Looking forward to the new season. :]

Chrinik

May 8, 2008
That was pretty funny.

I don´t know where this "Because we can!" reference originated, but we have a german quiz kinda show where celebs(mostly comedians) get asked questions from the people, and they have to guess the answer. If they can´t guess it, the questioneer gets 500?. It turns out some questions require some level of knowledge about certain professions and jobs, which is why the paths the comedians take to guess the answer are often quite hillarious.
One question once was "Why do dogs lick their balls?" and german comedian Bernhard Hoecker also replied with "Because they can!" and it turned out to be the correct answer.
It was pretty funny when I heard that the first time, but now I´m intrigued where it came from.

Cgull

Behind You
Oct 31, 2009
In all fairness, that was actually better than the whole of Season 1, some of it was a bit funny for one.

Not entirely sure why the Russians were heavily picked on though, was it a reference to the first season? If so, fair enough, if not....well, little harsh don't you think?

Either way, it's convinced me to give the second season a whirl at the very least, though I'm intrigued to see whether it can still be funny with some sort of story involved.

Snapette

Mar 1, 2010
Excellent! Just when we all thought the series might have died...that promo was hilarious! I do hope that most or all of Season 2 is this strong. Bob and Ivan don't really make such a great Pyramid team, do they? xD Looking forward to more pleasant surprises and to seeing what role the Husky plays on the show...hopefully the Russia jokes were in good fun, eh, Bob? ^^;

Kimosaber

Nov 2, 2008
Pros:
-Funnier than the entire first season combined.
-The introduction of a character, and I'm actually really interested! But please, keep him in the supporting cast. Once you decide to make him a main cast member he'll start sucking (see everyone in the cast and Gary, barring the supporting cast).

Cons:
-Some of the jokes went on for too long. One of the best in my opinion was the Trans- joke, in no small part because it was unexpected and ended before I figured it out, leaving me to realize it and actually laugh at it. That one was good. Try to be snappier with your jokes!

-You cannot have a show that looks like it takes place entirely in the late 70's/early 80's and make references to the present. And don't tell me that's not what you're going for when your promo is that of the game show "Password".

The DNF reference in general I could give a pass on, since it actually feels like it's been that long and it still works, but the Bieber and Seacrest references made the whole thing fall flat on it's face and it never really pulled itself back up to the level pre-that reference. It was a poor mistake that while I sadly expect in loads for the second season, hope against hope that it does not, because the rest of the material is otherwise not bad.

Other than that, like I said, best Game Dogs yet, better than all of the first season. I Out of the cons I list, please take the "stop referencing the present" to heart. It does not work at all and makes the entire show worse for wear.