Game Dogs: The Hand of Fate

Awesome74

Jul 21, 2010
First post. cool.

Alright, reading over this entire thread, i'm gonna see if I can make sense of it. To the people saying "Oh shut up, it was hilarious, gore is funny.", I can agree with you. Partially.
I love bloody gore-y, black humor. I also love tame and simple humor. But those are two great tastes that do not just blend together. You don't just drastically change the feel of a show in one episode.

Ghored

Mar 15, 2010
........meh.

A little warning could have been used at the beginning, you know, just a little one. I don't think this episode was terrible, it's just that I sees a lot of peoples throwin' a fit of rage in this thread.
Legal drivel was good, everything else was just about unneeded. Coulda killed whatever characters you wanted to in a better fashion, but instead it was just a three and a half minute car drive with Ross and Bob, plus Bethany hanging on a thread in the back. Then came the beating. After that, Rodger's bizarre hanging.

Not the best way to drop a bridge on two dogs. Or....however much you actually killed in this episode. I'll still watch next one, though.

AWDMANOUT

Jan 4, 2010
Haha. Wow. That was stupid, unfunny and nonsensical. Much like GameDogs as a whole.

I can has new series now?

BrightDeathFriend

Dec 31, 2008
Escapist, I thought that you had good taste in shows and good series ideas that linked into the videogame industry...but I was mistaken. No offense but did you guys lose enthusiasm in the plot? Because it seemed so empty like it had no real direction, especially after the russians came along. I didn't notice untill reading through the comments that Roger commited suicide at the end...what on earth was that for?! You gave no indication as to him being a depressed character, and Beth was happy go-lucky and had a decent premise you coulda worked on!
I'm trying to be apathetic in my criticism because then people just get pissed off, but maybe you should try looking into something new with more depth, better char building and better writing...sorry :S

Blackpapa

May 26, 2010
BrightDeathFriend said:
Escapist, I thought that you had good taste in shows and good series ideas that linked into the videogame industry...but I was mistaken. No offense but did you guys lose enthusiasm in the plot? Because it seemed so empty like it had no real direction, especially after the russians came along. I didn't notice untill reading through the comments that Roger commited suicide at the end...what on earth was that for?! You gave no indication as to him being a depressed character, and Beth was happy go-lucky and had a decent premise you coulda worked on!
I'm trying to be apathetic in my criticism because then people just get pissed off, but maybe you should try looking into something new with more depth, better char building and better writing...sorry :S
Who says they aren't going for something with a bit more depth? I haven't seen 'em denying it.

Bob, as a character, was luckily salvaged from his one and a half dimensional personality from season one. Doing the same to Beth or Roger would be glaringly obvious and inconsistent.

Bethany and Roger were the cancer that was killing GameDogs, this episode was the chemo.

Angrywyvern

Sep 30, 2008
Hypothesis: Chet actually won (unsurprisingly), so they killed everyone BESIDES Chet to mess with us.
Either that or Roger isn't actually dead, or Bethany and Roger tied for first. But really, how did Chet not 'win'? He was one of the most annoying characters ever! The deaths themselves weren't even that entertaining either.

Let's just hope that new characters are introduced, so that this doesn't become the 'Chet Show'.

lSHaDoW-FoXl

Jul 17, 2008
'Why don't you just kill me while you're at it.' - Bethany on the episode before this one.

I see that the episodes kind of all reference each other and the law book says 'Ex Machina' but besides that I can't really see anything else o.o

lSHaDoW-FoXl

Jul 17, 2008
snowfox said:
George Palmer said:
ResukeZero said:
tman_au said:
Makes perfect sense to me. Roger had the hots for Bethany (hint as per last ep), Bethany is run over, giving Roger no reason to live. A rough, bloody and effective segue.
Finally someone gets it.
Not bad, not bad. But alas, how did Roger know Bethany was dead?

I think you may need to lis...errr, I mean, watch again.

:)
What I got from the past 3 episodes you mentioned, is I don't think Roger committed suicide, I think he was murdered by one of the Russians.
You mean like Ogard? Er- Drago ;3? Possibly. All I know is that the husky better live or I be pissed! :mad: (Never really said anything bad about the series hence far! x3)

Sentherus

Jun 14, 2010
Owlslayer said:
Sentherus said:
Owlslayer said:
Hmm...Gotta admit it that the episode was quite a bit disturbing.
However, reading the comments, i have a weird feeling that this is a fluke episode or something mixed with Halloween or whatever. Since I'm an European dude i have no idea when Halloween is, so that's quite a blind guess.

Still, something doesn't smell right...
Halloween isn't about mindless killing it's about dressing up on 1 night every year at night and going out scaring people and making friends not... This. I do not believe that Game Dogs should stop, I've got to admit it's had its moments, I believe that they should be given a chance to redeem themselves from this monstrosity. Game Dogs was funny before this but now *Shrug* this episode has jumped the wall and is now running towards this series threatening to destroy it and I believe it will do so unless they clean up their act. I can only say this to the Game Dogs team "Redeem yourselves or you will forever lose my vote".
Yeah, i know that Halloween isn't about violence and it's quite a nice holyday.
But what I'm trying to say is that I don't really buy into this "two main characters dying off" stuff... It really is too suspicious and they wouldn't kill off (no pun intended) their show with something like that. I mean, they know their business and I'm sure they were sure what would happen when they made an episode like this. So my guesses are:
1) (weird) marketing trick to get more viewers (???)
2) Some "wtf" episode that never actually happened. Something like "Stewie kills Louis" form Family Guy.
3) They decided to pull the plug on the show and wanted to leave with a bang. A very disturbing bang, but a bang nonetheless.

Well, those are my thoughts.

Answer 1:No if they did do that then they are stupid that is possibly the worst marketing trick I have ever seen.

Answer 2: Maybe

Answer 3: Quite possible but not likely.

Maciech42

Apr 28, 2008
Ya know what, why don't we just clean house; kill everyone, retcon the show into Game Cats and call it a day.

Tuddle

Nov 12, 2009
I am really hoping this is just part of some Halloween joke episode.
By next week everybody will be back and alive just like a Simpsons Halloween Special.

Rene Overweter

Apr 28, 2010
And then on the next episode we will see that it was yet a pill induced dream or a bad LSD trip i hope, simply because this ep just feels wrong.. like a troll doing the tango in a dress 2 sizes too small

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Over 500 comments. That's a new record for this series, but not in a good way this time.

ultimateownage said:
Nmil-ek said:
ultimateownage said:
They're all pubclub sizes, but if you're really desperate for an avatar of a dead Furry then I can try get them to fit under the normal sizes.
If you could scale that Bethany one down you would be a living god.

Static jpegs dont quite have the same effect.

How's that? That's the most detailed I could make it and fit it under the file size limit.
What about her getting beaten?