Game Dogs: The Hand of Fate

Necromancist

Jul 3, 2008
This was just wrong. I haven't watched the series for a while, but Beth was the only character I couldn't remember being annoying in some way. Even if she really was unlikeable, the level of violence in the episode was just tasteless.

Pitts, for the love of GOD. I love the Escapist, I love what you do, I go here every day. But what I come here for is news, previews, reviews, comics and funny series. I don't come here to watch furries die horribly.

EDIT:
Wow.

1) Bethany, as many of you have so rightly believed, is not dead. It was a faux death all conjured up in the mind of Bob, with allusions made to the scene in American Psycho where Patrick Bateman decapitates Paul Allen to the tune of "It's Hip to be Square" by Huey Lewis and the News. That was the music playing in the background. I mean, come on, he even quoted directly from the movie ("Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now you fucking stupid bastard!"). Russ and George just duped most of you into believing that she did, for the sake of this major publicity rouse to which I am currently contributing. So let's get this clear: Beth did not die (she didn't get enough votes as said before by other posters).

2) Roger, on the other hand, is most certainly dead. We are foreshadowed to the indelibility and credibility of this death by the appearance of the words Ex Machina from the phrase "Deus Ex Machina", translated from Latin to mean "God out of the Machine". Someone has said this before but it is a plot device that appears spontaneously (suicide) to correct a situation in the story (Roger being alive)

3) "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen" is the final episode of M.A.S.H. where Hawkeye Pierce reveals that he, like Bob, silences a compatriot within a vehicle. Just a cultural reference here.

4) The author of the book on law, A.Macris, is one of the executive producers.

5) The Suicide Kit of David Carradine (as first featured in Knives-R-Us) was what Roger used to off himself. Any relation to the actual Carradine's death?

6) Noticed a stand in the background near the beginning before the roadkill. Any explanations?

7) Some voices in the background. Sorry but I can't really get this one; can anybody?

Overall, lovely episode. Shame about the background voices though; hopefully someone can help me on this one.
Thanks, Wopwopwop. I didn't read all the pages, and it kinda makes sense now. I thought a little about the Hip To Be Square part (American Psycho reference) and looking at Bob's mental instability your first point seems fair. I guess I was just a bit too shocked at the moment to get it. Thanks for setting me straight, it'll be interesting to see what happens next.

Drake Heavenfire

Nov 18, 2009
as long as Chet, the Russians, Gary, and bob stay alive I am happy =D

I laughed a lot but then again my sense of humor can be quite dark =P

Chet ftw!

BrightDeathFriend

Dec 31, 2008
archont said:
BrightDeathFriend said:
Escapist, I thought that you had good taste in shows and good series ideas that linked into the videogame industry...but I was mistaken. No offense but did you guys lose enthusiasm in the plot? Because it seemed so empty like it had no real direction, especially after the russians came along. I didn't notice untill reading through the comments that Roger commited suicide at the end...what on earth was that for?! You gave no indication as to him being a depressed character, and Beth was happy go-lucky and had a decent premise you coulda worked on!
I'm trying to be apathetic in my criticism because then people just get pissed off, but maybe you should try looking into something new with more depth, better char building and better writing...sorry :S
Who says they aren't going for something with a bit more depth? I haven't seen 'em denying it.

Bob, as a character, was luckily salvaged from his one and a half dimensional personality from season one. Doing the same to Beth or Roger would be glaringly obvious and inconsistent.

Bethany and Roger were the cancer that was killing GameDogs, this episode was the chemo.
No...just...just no dude. Plus referring to an episodes plot like cancer and chemo's kinda offensive. My grandfather died of cancer. Sicko archont. Sicko.

If Gamedogs really wanted to mess with us as someone said in a few comments abouve the one im making now, then they'd have made it more obvious. But they didn't. If im wrong though I hope they have a very good explanation as to why they did this. :S

Emissary Laito

Jun 15, 2010
I kind of thought it was going ok, up until the point where it turned out she was still alive.
Rather a disturbing image for some reason.

I'm wondering if these things will be out of chronological order, and there will be more significance to the deaths in the long run.
Hope so.

-shrugs-
It amused me anyway, even if it wasn't very nice about doing it.

EDIT:

WopWopWop said:
Hm. Heh.
LOL!

Man, you're brilliant.
Thanks.
I picked up on a couple of those things, but I had no idea what they meant.
Never seen that movie.

This makes everything so much funnier.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
WNxSajuukCor said:
Yay for gratuitous cartoon gore and violence. Not sure why everyone is sooooo offended by the video. Yay for artistic rights and license I say lol.
Yeah, I don't really get all the outrage either. You'd think it was a video of, say for sake of example, a woman throwing puppies into a river.

Personally, this was the only episode of Game Dogs that ever got a chuckle out of me, and I loved the American Psycho reference.

Angrywyvern said:
Hypothesis: Chet actually won (unsurprisingly), so they killed everyone BESIDES Chet to mess with us..
I was thinking this too. Oh Mr. Pitts, you troll, you.

Defective_Detective

Jul 26, 2010
Absolutely disgusting. I don't care if some folks got thier rocks off to Psycho references, I don't care if this is going to be counted as out of continuity, I don't care about "artistic rights and licenses".

Was the body in the back seat supposed to make me giggle with impish glee? What sort of audience do you think you're appealing to? I'm insulted that you think this is the sort of video this community is supposed to find enjoyable.

This was just completely sickening. It makes light comedy out of mutilation, pain and death. It comes from a quite clearly disturbed mind.

No doubt this video has been and will be defended as "hilarious" and some kind of turning point for the better. To those who do, I say that you don't have much of a mature attitude to comedy. This was just a pathetic attempt at "shock value". It failed miserably.

n00beffect

May 8, 2009
Weird... Why would you kill 2 of your own main characters? I mean what the hell is going to happen now. Oh, and btw, that most annoying one was left, how boring is that...

Stupot_sc

Jun 7, 2010
Wow...Is it just me or has this series gone completely off the rails in season 2... It doesn't even make any sense! There's no continuity between eppisodes and everything that happened in the first season has just been forgotten...

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
what's-his-face fatty going crazy on Bethany (I didn't remember her name until he said it) was mildly entertaining and the "sigh" at the end gave me a small chuckle
baby steps, I guess, even if the baby steps just mean maintaining the quality of the previous video

Oyster^^

Dec 27, 2008
This is actually the first time that I laughed out loud in an episode of game dogs, during the "1 hour later" montage. The violence and exaggerated gore: not so funny.

Drake Heavenfire

Nov 18, 2009
let's a have a greater look at things:

1. Gore and blood, if you don't like humor like that, then why do so many people laugh at the Stewie beating Brian to a pulp in family guy for not getting his money?

2. In theory the show could be moving towards Bob, being the main lead from a side lead.

3. Me and my friends were laughing nonstop at this episode, I have been watching the series from the start, change happens, so what 2 characters died, maybe beth didn't die and is still alive even though that seems impossible, but lets stick with that 2 characters died, it often seems that people get mad when their favorite character dies, thus making the best show ever turn into the worst show ever.

I say grow up and deal with it, if you want to change the show, go make your own.

so screw what i said before so what if a favorite character of mine dies, I don't watch the show for a character I watch for content, and what I saw is what I liked, like the rest of the show, hell I'd buy a DVD if it were to come out.

also remember this show wasn't made for furries, so STOP SAYING IT IS! pay attention to the tagline gags they do...

so shame on you for playing the hand of fate game and complaining about your choice then

I'm wondering now, where's the next episode I've had that jittery excitement all day in hopes of seeing what happens next, like every Thursday, ah Thursday the greatest day of the week

Firerush

May 19, 2009
well, it's Thursday, no new episode, guess the series is over, too bad looks like we'll just have to watch the other Thursday shows on the Escapist, like Extra Credits

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I almost went the whole day without noticing that the game dogs was not here with there new episode. What happened? Don't tell me you did this stunt and didn't have everything planned out.

Firerush

May 19, 2009
Hardly, seems more like they just ran out of ideas this week. Guess this is the season 2 finale then and like before we won't hear from them again for months before this is resolved and everyone's debated this series to the point of "we don't care so let's never watch ity again until it goes away"

Vyseroy

Sep 9, 2010
herio said:
They're a bunch of cowards.
Fixed.

And what makes you say that? I don't see evidence of cowardice due to the fact that they released content that they probably knew was going to make people angry, AND included their names in the credits.