Game Dogs: The Hand of Fate

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
Huh, I know this wasen't the most popular show on the escapist and would probably be put down sooner or later. But how are they planning on staying afloat any longer when killing 2 main characters and the last one being an unlikable douche?

Tempest Fennac

Aug 30, 2009
Was the intention for that episode to spoof "Lost Episode" Creepypasta stories? I'm jut wondering because it resembled those due to the random deaths and the fact that it didn't resemble other episodes beyond some characters.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
I take it this is not the end of this particular show, so here's one request that would make its second season a little bit more viewable,if there's such a word.

New intro/outro music.

I watched the first 3-5 episodes, until I got bored of it and every time I was skipping the intro/outro.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
"Shut the fuck up, Bethany! Shut the fuck up! Nobody likes you!"

... OK, I laughed my fucking ass off when he said that. Honestly I thought the episode was hilarious.

Crabby_the_Frog

Nov 18, 2009
1. Roger had 16 thousand votes, at the time where they hid the results of the game's poll. Beth had only 7k.
2. Beth was my favorite character.
3. I am disappoint.

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
Erana said:
That crossed the line waaaaay to far.
I've been trying to support this for the sake of the 'Scapist, and it did have its moments (Namely Swords R Us) but this is... was just downright sick. Its one thing to have excessive gore (which itself is unappealing to me) but its another thing entirely to beat and mutilate an innocent character, especially after so much time is spent characterizing them and trying to make the audience empathize with them.
Its downright sadism, and it has no place in comedy. It rarely even has a place in media as a whole!
OK, so the movie Dogville could do it right, but Game Dogs? No. Just No.
Total agreement with this post. I've been watching the show in the hopes that it'll turn out better, but this just stinks of shock advertising and an attempt to briefly inflate viewing figures. Unless that was the end of the series, I haven't a clue what they're trying to go for here.

Errickfoxy

Jul 14, 2010
The video's not loading for me but I was curious what they actually did so I went ahead and looked at the comments anyway. I have to hope this is some kind of Halloween joke, since it doesn't make a lot of sense otherwise. I mean you've only got three core characters anyway, killing off two thirds of them doesn't really leave a lot to work with.

Metzeten

Oct 16, 2009
Vault Citizen said:
Metzeten said:
I'm sure that roger and chet were voted for more than beth...

Ah well! I wonder who's gonna replace them!
In soviet russia, game designs you!
Last I saw Roger was the most voted for but maybe there was an increase in votes for Beth after I saw the poll.
I think that game infact had no relation to what was actually going to happen. Hence calling it the hand of fate...
(Though I think I did shoot roger something like 85 times...)
Still I found beth one of the more likeable characters. Shame she's gone.

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
This was a rather lame and just plain tasteless way to draw attention to an already poor and unfunny show. Couldn't you have just spent the time writing better jokes?

PurpleSkull

Mar 20, 2009
Erana said:
I've been trying to support this for the sake of the 'Scapist, and it did have its moments (Namely Swords R Us) but this is... was just downright sick. Its one thing to have excessive gore (which itself is unappealing to me) but its another thing entirely to beat and mutilate an innocent character, especially after so much time is spent characterizing them and trying to make the audience empathize with them.
Its downright sadism, and it has no place in comedy. It rarely even has a place in media as a whole!
I couldn't agree more. I dislike Gamedogs. Nearly all episodes beside that swords R us one. But that just now was just an stupid attempt to re-gain popularity, by killing off the most annoying characters. And you didn't even do that well. There was no story behind it whatsoever. NO STORY AT ALL. Beth got hit by a car and then beaten to death by Bob for no reason, while roger commits suicide because he cant take it anymore? He did seem happy in the last episode.

And what now? After reading this comment section, i expect the next episode to be all like "HO it was all just a dream!!!"

Seriously. You failed with Gamedogs. Get over it, cancel this waste of Bandwidth and start a new show.

PaintyFace

The One Engaged to RavingPenguin
Sep 23, 2010
Man, that was bad.

I watched the first episode or two, but found it a bit dull. But that's okay, not everything is everyone's tastes.

But that was bad. REALLY bad.

Okay, so to some people joking about what is and isn't illegal is kinda funny, especially when you've got obscure laws like sex with alligators or whatever. But the gore was too much, and so was the guy punching her to death. There was no need for showing that at all. Suggesting it, if you must do so then okay. But showing it? There's no way that's suitable for 13 year olds, which supposedly the Escapist is. Also, the suicide at the end was pointless and handled very insensitively.

Overall, this episode will divide viewers. But don't be surprised if a lot more complain about it than enjoy it. I certainly have doubts now about whether I want to be associated with a site that produces something like this.

LackingSaint

Apr 23, 2008
Hey guys I didn't really like this show at first but I think i'll give it a chance now that it's a bit farther alo- OH JESUS CHRIST

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Gary is gonna celebrate soon as he finds out. I can't believe chet made it alive. I noticed that picture of David Carradine when rodger hanged himself...not cool.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Erana said:

I put my trust into the Escapist, and get rewarded with an animated furry snuff film.
At least put up some kind of warning!
Yeah, a heads up would have been nice.

Lord_Kristof

Sep 24, 2010
I'm hoping this is just some sort of a prank the creators are playing on us. Because seriously, when you think about it, this was completely arbitrary - the whole thing. There was NO NEED of getting rid of any characters in the series. They played their roles well, were likeable and presented different social/character types.

So yeah, if this is in fact what's happening, it seems completely random and unnecessary.

WNxSajuukCor

Oct 31, 2007
Yay for gratuitous cartoon gore and violence. Not sure why everyone is sooooo offended by the video. Yay for artistic rights and license I say lol.

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
Noooo! :( Beth was my favorite of the three... Chet totally should of died before her. Also I thought Roger was a lot less annoying then Chet... so bleh, outside of the amusing law jokes and the funny scene of Bob beating Beth in the back of the car, it just wasn't that great...