Game Dogs: The Hand of Fate

swimon

Jul 23, 2009
Come on people lighten up ^^. It was a dark episode in a really light hearted comedy, how can you not find that juxtaposition funny. And even if you didn't so what? Every series has a few episodes that are not to your taste this is hardly the crime against art and humanity that it's made up to be. Thirdly: it's hip to be square ^^

Turbulenssi

Apr 6, 2010
4chan has made me immune to this kind of snuff/ruff... Didn't even flinch...

American psycho reference was damn funny though.

Darunian

Oct 14, 2010
First I just want to say that I've been watching all sorts of videos on The Escapist and surveyed the forums from a distance. So far, I've really enjoyed the intellectual debate and general quality of the site's features. I previously watched all of the preceding Game Dogs episodes and thought it was an alright show, chuckle-worthy most of the time, but truly funny during the Woofcraft wedding and Knives episode. However, this video has forced me to register to share my opinion.

This is without a doubt, one of the worst videos I have ever seen. Randomly killing characters who have been developed during two seasons with little sensitivity or wit surrounding their demise is not at all funny. I'm normally a fan of dark humor, but this was utterly tasteless. The extremely over-the-top violence was not handled in a mature and interesting fashion. It was disgusting and extremely immature. I highly doubt I will continue watching this series if only for the lack of any narrative logic in this episode. For example: why was Bethany crossing that street? There were no buildings around, no other cars, and she had no purpose for being there. In addition, Roger's death by hanging made absolutely no sense; he was quite happy in previous episodes, and suicide is not funny.

Overall, I was disappointed by this episode more than anything else. It was demented, illogical, and very poorly executed.

paralost

Aug 7, 2009
can all the people who have nothing to say except boo-hoo this show sucks please stop wasting everyone's time in the comments section. i mean the show is it episode 26 and every week it's the same damn comment of you suck, this show sucks, blargh! isn't it just trolling at this point. seriously if you don't like it stop watching it. and for all the people offended and disgusted by this episode...what? your getting bent out of shape because the fictional,cartoon doggies dies...wow. enough's enough jeez.

Necromancer1991

Apr 9, 2010
"Did you know it's illeagal to rape alligators in sweden during fleganfugal" priceless, but really why her, she was one of my favorites, the funniest part was that it wasn't a crime in the first place, odd

Hawkeye16

Nov 15, 2009
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoodWhiplash

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhamEpisode

Yes.

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
somehow I'm not surprised that the female character died... as much as I think more of the other characters deserved it more.... no.. just... no WRONG!!

Zeroresistence

Nov 3, 2009
Well in all honesty this is completely different from what the series has done before, it had light-hearted puns, and a few video game jokes and in one episode they changed it to killing off 2 of the main charcters randomly, with no relation to plot, and doing it in very gruesome ways, saying well here ya go we ran out of ideas so we killed 2 of the characters. Im not saying a show can't be violent and still be funny.But you can't just change in one episode from video game-ish humor to hitting a girl with a car and a guy commiting sucide, this is something id execpt from robot chicken(Im not insulting robot chicken at all im just saying its there type of humor), and remeber when this show used to be about dogs making games. Im not trying to insult the writers or anything but can they look at this and honestly saying this makes sense

Darunian

Oct 14, 2010
Hawkeye16 said:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoodWhiplash

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhamEpisode

Yes.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShockingSwerve

I think it's more of this actually.

comet5002

Mar 27, 2009
I find it hilarious that so many people are butthurt over this.

Guys, it's a cartoon. It was the episode where they were going to kill someone off. It's in the description. If you were disturbed by it, you should have stopped watching the moment it happened. But no, you chose to continue watching. Therefore, stfu. Theyre animated dogs for crying out loud. Drawn on a computer program. Given voices by voice actors. This is no worse than almost anything on cartoon network/adult swim.

I honestly thought it was funny. Bethany was fricking annoying. I don't understand why you killed off two characters, but meh. Be interesting to see where it goes from here. Bob is the best.

Gingerman

Aug 20, 2009
Wow I never really thought I'd say this but GameDogs and the people who work to make it really have hit rock bottom.

I mean really? I wouldn't be surprised if I saw this kind of thing on youtube written by some juvenile idiot but not here. Who ever thought this would be remotely funny really needs to put down his pen and wonder how the hell he got to where he is today.

I never liked GameDogs but at least you were trying but now? Jesus this is near enough /b/ humour never mind anything else.

Edit: The only part of me that is offended by this is how poorly it was handled and how unfunny it was, I mean good god did you write this during your toilet break?

Maldeus

Mar 24, 2009
I wasn't shocked when Beth got hit, but I was irked. I had assumed the Hand of Fate thing was a joke, because the concept of choosing a character to die by playing a flash game was so obviously, incredibly bad and I assumed the Game Dogs people, who had actually started being funny as of the second season, would realize that. Headless Kevin and Mr. Yee getting shot in the face was funny, because both of them were clearly unharmed, which created a bizarre juxtaposition between the expected effects of the gore and what actually happened. Bob's suddenly going nuts was a good way to turn an uninteresting character into a more entertaining one. The knives episode was probably the funniest Game Dogs ever, because while I never really burst out laughing, I was smiling through nearly the whole thing.

You know what I was expecting? I was expecting this to all just be a dream, or a fantasy, or something. I had kind of assumed, particularly when Bob was beating Beth's not-quite-corpse and ranting on about it, that this was all going to end up being a Take That to a forums community which I assumed was calling for blood, something in the vein of "do you see how incredibly STUPID that would have been? Yes? Okay, good, let's move on." But no, you were actually DEAD SERIOUS when you thought this would be funny. Everything that was actually funny about this episode (the stuff with the lawbook, mostly) could've been done without killing anyone, or by just killing a faceless extra.

And the suicide? Did you consider actually making a joke about that bit? Or somehow actually making your comedy show comedic? Just a thought.

As for "the four clues," if this were any other episode, I'd watch it once or twice more to try and find them. Heck, I watched the knives episode twice just because it was funny. But this episode sucked, everything you've been doing right in season two was probably accidental, and trying to sift through clues to dig up plot points in a series that's likely going to go even further downhill from here will just be a waste of my time.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
that was fucked up. i mean, 2 characters getting killed, does that means that you had trouble writing more episodes ? are you going to replace the characters ?

Hazz_11

May 10, 2009
HankMan said:
Well...
That was
*Puts on sunglasses*
Ruff
you sir Win The Internet

but on topic is this now the end of game dogs? was it just a ratings things it got low ratings so we kill of characters to get more views? is this going to happen to other shows so many questions?

And to be honest the beating scene really wasn't funny it was just a beating I can see why people are getting upset over this?

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Alphakirby said:
mento 2425 said:
I VOTED FOR ROGER!
WHY BETH!
WHY!
:*(
I think it was supposed to be a twist,let the one with the least votes die
That's an amazingly stupid idea, enough people hate the series already, don't give them more of an excuse to want this unfunny, poorly animated, poorly acted, poorly written MESS of a show pulled from this website.

It seems like they're actively trying to make people hate this thing, not that I ever needed anymore reason to hate beyond the above.

But I wonder how they're going to continue writing the show with two of the main characters dead. I hope Chet dies next episode and we can all forget this ever existed.

Skobvs

Nov 26, 2009
Grim.. I can't think of much more to say..

The older video's are better to be honest, a little more tame to say the least.

RooftopAssassin

Sep 13, 2009
I used to like Game Dogs. So yeah, thanks for ruining the whole series guys. You suck like everyone else now! Way to go!

Fucking idiots...

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
Fenra said:
...its time to put this dog to sleep for good.
I see what you did there, very clever.

Also, only one was meant to die, if you're going to make a promise, keep it. Don't just ignore the voters, you probably pissed way more people off by killing the two characters we weren't voting for.