Game Dogs: The Hand of Fate

Jzolr0708

Apr 6, 2009
TheMaddestHatter said:
archont said:
TheMaddestHatter said:
To every single person whining about insensitivity: You are the reason they did this. It was created, specifically, to piss you off. By whining, you are encouraging them. You cannot change their minds. You cannot win. That is all.
I disagree. This is the first episode that I enjoyed this much, not only for it's extreme/shock novelty value. Also because it's obvious the authors had something very specific in mind and aren't afraid to experiment with the medium.

The quite bland and uninspired writing and storyline developments always kept me from enjoying the show. This is certainly a very promising trick, although the authors should keep in mind that this kind of stuff is only a surprise as long as it's unexpected. I expect to see an episode where one of the Ruskies dismembers some redshirt for an arbitrary reason, interwoven with clever, if sadistic one-liners. Something more direct and snarky than bond one-liners but not primitive, as in dead baby comedy primitive.
Oh, I quite agree with you, I rather enjoyed the episode myself. But everyone who thinks that by expressing disdain they will somehow shame the creators or shut down the show is tragically mis-informed. They enjoy, in fact, they feed upon the hatred and outrage, and I applaud them for it. There is nothing more entertaining than vexing your detractors, eh?
Because if Paranormal Activity 2 is filled with fried chicken jokes and comments about cotten fields the entire african-american audience will obviously love it.

Offending your audience does not get you viewers. The people who make Game Dogs aren't in it to shock and offend people, they're in it to make people laugh. And congrats for being one of those who did. But to people like me who have had loved ones hang themselves, this is pretty fucking far from funny.

Knight of Cydonia

Sep 22, 2008
PaintyFace said:
I cant shake the feeling that they are trying to appeal more to the humor of 13 years olds coming from other sites like 4chan (more than likely brought over by ZP, nothing agaisnt ZP specifically but still) who get a giggle out of watching gorey tasteless shit like that, even by the criteria of dark humor it wasn't funny, there was no timing or tact whatsoever, if someone likes slapstick comedy u dont just cut to someone getting punched in the face, u set up some kind of obserd task or controdictory setting anything to add to the 'humor' aspect, this show went from 'dull but having its moments' to '4chan piece of shit' in one episode, clean up your act or drop the show, because this kind of spectical attracts the flovar of people that this site is better off without
I've been feeling this for a while, and it's why I don't post anymore (I never posted much, but now I don't at all). I've been on this site for two years, which means I spent a time on this website as a 12 year old, and some of my posts for still better thought out than some of the new ones. I much prefered this website when it was less popular.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Lol,

love the profile picture with beth's mangled head.

As for my two cents.... meh, i enjoyed the humour and the bizarrness of it because it was not what i was expecting.

Roger's suicide i thought was a bit harsh though, im not going to stop watching cause of it though

im curious about the 4 clues though

Locrian

May 28, 2010
That was just poor story telling on the creators part. Not that it was offensive or too gory, that dos not bother me.

Its when you shovel out crap that you expect us to like it. That shows a lack of understanding of the people who watch your show, in away, makes me think that your opinion of your viewers is rather low as well.

OR your tiring to do what "Ctrl, Alt, Delete" did and wanting drama to start up in the comments,

Case in point:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/108-Webcomics

Either way, It's fail.

My name is Fiction

Sep 27, 2010
The dangling eye was hypnotic yet relaxing
Right now the creator of Game Dogs are saying
"Wow, they thought this was a real episode. Halloween is right around the corner we got to kill some one."

Oh BTW press Alt-F4 for candy Ha Ha Ha!!!

arighter

Jul 5, 2010
This was by far, the worst thing to ever be put on the Escapist ever. You have this little comedy about dogs making video games, and then you do this. Please for the love of God, never do ANYTHING like this again.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
shiroishiryo said:
Jeronus said:
I read your wall of text and one piece of information stood out in particular. You watched every episode of the series despite hating it and I bet you left a comment about how bad it was every time. You sir, are a troll. An intelligent one, but a troll nonetheless. I like this show and therefore watch it. You obviously hate this show and watch it only to post your displeasure about it. That makes you a TROLL. What forces push you to do this because I don't understand your position. You watch every week therefore supporting the show and then leave a post about how it should be canceled. It is like sleeping with someone you have no attraction to then beat the shit out them for being ugly. Do yourself...NO, do the both of us a favor and STOP WATCHING. You want this show to disappear stop watching and ignore it. If it doesn't disappear, ignore it and accept the fact that some people here actually like this series. I don't force myself through I hit it with my axe every week. I watched half of the first episode and never clicked on it ever again. Get the point!
If you did two seconds worth of research, in fact if you looked to the side of the page for one second, you would see that my grand total post count (before this reply) was 2. 2 posts, that's it. You can even go to my page and click on the link to the other post and see that it's about D+A. I think I'm entitled to state my opinion once, and that sir is what I did. Thank you for reading, and don't waste your time with a reply.
My sincerest apologies for my hasty reply and this will be the last time I bother you so please try to respond to my final question to the best of your abilities. Why did you watch every episode of Game Dogs? It is obvious that you hate this show to no end and yet you have watched it long past the point any normal person would have. Game Dogs is deep into season 2 territory and you still keep watching it despite hating every aspect of the show. As I said before this is my final message to you, there won't be a response no matter how you respond. Answer at your own discretion.

BlackWolf100

Oct 15, 2010
Ok. I just join in this site and like to say some words about this.

When you made a game where you deside what character to kill off for the game dogs the show, I gave it a try. I watched few of the episodes and got a better idea what to pick, so I choosed Chet, who seemed the least important or make unresponsible actions on the list, otherwise i would of pick the small dog with a tie on.

I was abit disapointed of the result but i didenn't mind what you go for, however this episode disturbed me

so you gone for beth of one of the main characters, so be it, but why do it in a way so half heartedly and cold on your own creation? you could of done it alittle more nicer then picking a careless way. otherwise it would be done a nicer way or transport one of them off screen one without death. if you really going to kill off a character( wich i perfer you don't) you would give meaningfull but moving ending to it, even if this is apost to be a comady show.

I know i'm thinking alittle too deep on this for a but this comady or not, was not plesent for.

i'm sure your doing a very good work on making this, what i will respect to. but i'll leve you this. "what ever you make, meaningfull or intertaining, funny or not, in the end you should respect your creations, no matter how loude thay may or may not be"

Thank you for reading and my great apolages if I may acted overheaded on this.

Norik

Nov 18, 2009
That was just uncomfortable. It was like trying to be Pulp Fiction but failing so hard. That episode was just... all kinds of wrong.

Chronologist

Feb 28, 2010
They did it for shock value, to get noticed. I've never really liked Game Dogs, but I always watched all the way through, and gave it due consideration. It's still a lot better than Rebecca Mayes and I Hit It With My Axe, so I kept watching. Now, I really regret doing so.

The Escapist wants to allow this sort of **** on the site? Fine. That's not my call. But I'm sure as hell not going to buy any of their merchandise anymore, and I'm certainly not going to watch Game Dogs ever again.

I thought this site was better than this, and that's all I have to say.

Marble Dragon

Mar 11, 2009
It seems I'm not the only one who had a hard time laughing at that.

Don't get me wrong: Gore has its place in the world, even in comedy. Game Dogs has never been that place. There Will Be Brawl was dark, gritty - I expected gore. Not in this show. In Zero Punctuation, I can take jokes about people jerking off with a baby's face. That show is cynical, and I go into it expecting that kind of thing. Game Dogs is not dark and cynical - it's always been lighthearted and tame to me. I've enjoyed it quite a lot in the past, despite what some people are saying.

Not sure if I'll be able to anymore.

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
George Palmer said:
End of Knife, Final Woofcraft, Final Hand of Fate

hmmmm...

;)
Erm...sorry, still not seeing the big connection here.

Marble Dragon said:
It seems I'm not the only one who had a hard time laughing at that.

Don't get me wrong: Gore has its place in the world, even in comedy. Game Dogs has never been that place. There Will Be Brawl was dark, gritty - I expected gore. Not in this show. In Zero Punctuation, I can take jokes about people jerking off with a baby's face. That show is cynical, and I go into it expecting that kind of thing. Game Dogs is not dark and cynical - it's always been lighthearted and tame to me. I've enjoyed it quite a lot in the past, despite what some people are saying.

Not sure if I'll be able to anymore.
That makes a lot of sense, and I guess it applies to me too. Gore doesn't bother me in the slightest, but Game Dogs has always been so...well, like you said, light-hearted and fun. And then this gets thrown in, and it was just a complete 180 from everything else the series has done. Maybe if there was some gore from the beginning, this wouldn't have seemed so bad. But it's been about dogs making video games, and that's pretty darn friendly. And now, we have dogs being run over, mangled, and hung...out of nowhere. Takes "shock value" to something else entirely.

snide_cake

Nov 29, 2009
geier said:
And please, please.....in the name of anything you belive in, don't make it a "it was just a dream" episode.
+1, please oh please no dream episode.

I really enjoyed this episode. It shows how severely unhinged Bob is.

Also, Beth's dangling eye was fun.