Game Dogs: The Hand of Fate

neograpeshot

Feb 9, 2010
I was actually hoping to see what happened next this week. =( So Drago kills Rodger and bob may or may not have killed beth and.... was that the end of the show?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
You know.... I've watched three episodes of this (including this one) and i somehow get the feeling they arent dead.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
WopWopWop said:
Wow.

1) Bethany, as many of you have so rightly believed, is not dead. It was a faux death all conjured up in the mind of Bob, with allusions made to the scene in American Psycho where Patrick Bateman decapitates Paul Allen to the tune of "It's Hip to be Square" by Huey Lewis and the News. That was the music playing in the background. I mean, come on, he even quoted directly from the movie ("Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now you fucking stupid bastard!"). Russ and George just duped most of you into believing that she did, for the sake of this major publicity rouse to which I am currently contributing. So let's get this clear: Beth did not die (she didn't get enough votes as said before by other posters).

2) Roger, on the other hand, is most certainly dead. We are foreshadowed to the indelibility and credibility of this death by the appearance of the words Ex Machina from the phrase "Deus Ex Machina", translated from Latin to mean "God out of the Machine". Someone has said this before but it is a plot device that appears spontaneously (suicide) to correct a situation in the story (Roger being alive)

3) "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen" is the final episode of M.A.S.H. where Hawkeye Pierce reveals that he, like Bob, silences a compatriot within a vehicle. Just a cultural reference here.

4) The author of the book on law, A.Macris, is one of the executive producers.

5) The Suicide Kit of David Carradine (as first featured in Knives-R-Us) was what Roger used to off himself. Any relation to the actual Carradine's death?

6) Noticed a stand in the background near the beginning before the roadkill. Any explanations?

7) Some voices in the background. Sorry but I can't really get this one; can anybody?

Overall, lovely episode. Shame about the background voices though; hopefully someone can help me on this one.
Wow dude what you just did right there is mighty impressive. I am impressed. I saw the same epsiodes you saw and never thought those things.

herio

May 20, 2009
Vyseroy said:
herio said:
They're a bunch of cowards.
Fixed.

And what makes you say that? I don't see evidence of cowardice due to the fact that they released content that they probably knew was going to make people angry, AND included their names in the credits.
no the fact that they havent to flowed it up there sacred of such a response that they done/said nothing since this came up thats why there cowherds

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
Drake Heavenfire said:
let's a have a greater look at things:

1. Gore and blood, if you don't like humor like that, then why do so many people laugh at the Stewie beating Brian to a pulp in family guy for not getting his money?

2. In theory the show could be moving towards Bob, being the main lead from a side lead.

3. Me and my friends were laughing nonstop at this episode, I have been watching the series from the start, change happens, so what 2 characters died, maybe beth didn't die and is still alive even though that seems impossible, but lets stick with that 2 characters died, it often seems that people get mad when their favorite character dies, thus making the best show ever turn into the worst show ever.

I say grow up and deal with it, if you want to change the show, go make your own.

so screw what i said before so what if a favorite character of mine dies, I don't watch the show for a character I watch for content, and what I saw is what I liked, like the rest of the show, hell I'd buy a DVD if it were to come out.

also remember this show wasn't made for furries, so STOP SAYING IT IS! pay attention to the tagline gags they do...

so shame on you for playing the hand of fate game and complaining about your choice then

I'm wondering now, where's the next episode I've had that jittery excitement all day in hopes of seeing what happens next, like every Thursday, ah Thursday the greatest day of the week
Apparently, I was wrong in thinking I was the easiest person on Escapist to please in terms of making me laugh.

Clearly, very clearly, I was mistaken once I read #3 and "hell I'd buy a DVD if it were to come out." -The world's full of flavors. lol

Drake Heavenfire

Nov 18, 2009
ProjectTrinity said:
Drake Heavenfire said:

1. Gore and blood, if you don't like humor like that, then why do so many people laugh at the Stewie beating Brian to a pulp in family guy for not getting his money?

2. In theory the show could be moving towards Bob, being the main lead from a side lead.

3. Me and my friends were laughing nonstop at this episode, I have been watching the series from the start, change happens, so what 2 characters died, maybe beth didn't die and is still alive even though that seems impossible, but lets stick with that 2 characters died, it often seems that people get mad when their favorite character dies, thus making the best show ever turn into the worst show ever.

I say grow up and deal with it, if you want to change the show, go make your own.

so screw what i said before so what if a favorite character of mine dies, I don't watch the show for a character I watch for content, and what I saw is what I liked, like the rest of the show, hell I'd buy a DVD if it were to come out.

also remember this show wasn't made for furries, so STOP SAYING IT IS! pay attention to the tagline gags they do...

so shame on you for playing the hand of fate game and complaining about your choice then

I'm wondering now, where's the next episode I've had that jittery excitement all day in hopes of seeing what happens next, like every Thursday, ah Thursday the greatest day of the week
Apparently, I was wrong in thinking I was the easiest person on Escapist to please in terms of making me laugh.

Clearly, very clearly, I was mistaken once I read #3 and "hell I'd buy a DVD if it were to come out." -The world's full of flavors. lol
actually i rarely laugh at anything, I just happen to have a dark sense of humor, which is probably why i was very much in love with there will be brawl

for this episode specifically and ya I would buy a dvd, I always check the escapist store in hoping one comes out

everyone's sense of humor is different, and aside from that, if you don't like the show then why watch it? I'd say you like the show but don't want to admit it.

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
Drake Heavenfire said:
ProjectTrinity said:
Drake Heavenfire said:

actually i rarely laugh at anything, I just happen to have a dark sense of humor, which is probably why i was very much in love with there will be brawl

for this episode specifically and ya I would buy a dvd, I always check the escapist store in hoping one comes out

everyone's sense of humor is different, and aside from that, if you don't like the show then why watch it? I'd say you like the show but don't want to admit it.
This is my 2nd episode I've watched. I saw the first episode and did just what you said: stopped watching. I watched this one because there were 300 comments, which was unheard of for Game Dogs. So I watched to see what was up. I didn't find the content offensive, but I didn't find it funny, either. (There Will Be Brawl, I did enjoy, however!)

So since 200 comments ago, I've been mainly watching the drama unfold, because I love to see what happens in situations like these. Though no matter what, I don't see myself watching a 3rd episode. I don't think I missed much. [If you have a hard time believing that, you can check out mah' medals. No Game Dog awards contradicting my statement.]

EDIT: Apparently, there may not be any awards for watching the show. Well, take my word for it. lol

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
Hahahaha, it has been more then a week and Russ hasn't posted another game dog's video. Disgustingly kill off 2 main characters then forget about show completely. ftw

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
No more game dogs?

If the series has been pulled then why is the episode hand of fate still on the Escapist main page?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Drake Heavenfire said:
Well, if you don't like humor like that, then who so many people laugh when someone shits on a corpse and then rapes it? Oh... wait... Not everyone likes that? It's actually considered crude, poorly-written and dumb? Oh, okay.
He's honestly the only character that made me laugh.

Well, Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagann didn't get worse when.. some characters died. IT BECAME EVEN MORE EPIC WITH EVERY EPISODE!!!
Yyyeah, about that... One of the episodes had "furry" in tagline. Wasn't really a joke.

Still, I wouldn't mind if only Bob stayed in the show... or the show got canceled and a new "Tales of Bob" was put in its place. It's not really "Game Dogs". Also, I bet the next episode will be broody and sad, and someone will keep making offensive comments about the dead. If they are both dead.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
That was quite disturbing I gotta say. But I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I actually laughed when I knew that ***** was dead, until... well... until Bob really killed her for good. And Roger... why him?, I don't understand... that means the series has come to an end? Because, let's face it, the only thing more annoying than Bethany is Chet... I almost cried when Roger killed himself... WHY!!!????????

Great episode by the way, I'm already looking forward to the next episode.

Highlandheadbanger

Jan 8, 2009
Its a wee bit sad that they turned to murdering half of the main cast and still failed to be funny or interesting.

There were a few funny episodes in this series, but unless they pull a Dallas, looks like they're killing the series quite literally!

George Palmer

Halfro Representative
Feb 23, 2009
Abedeus said:
Drake Heavenfire said:
Yyyeah, about that... One of the episodes had "furry" in tagline. Wasn't really a joke.

Actually yeah all the furry references in the taglines were jokes. Here is the complete collection of silliness that can be found in all the Game Dogs taglines.

Satan
Furry
Definitely not furry
Now with 23% more furry
Maybe a little furry...nahhh
Yiffpile
Furpocalypse Now
Woof
A long time ago in a galaxy fur fur away...
Its furrtastic
Insane in the furrbrain
The Good The Bad and The Furry
Furr-sama bin Laden
Furry Russians
Pherie
Full Metal Furry
Furry on the Hudson
Patrick Swayze
Wolverines
Life is like a box of furry
Furrwars A New Hope
Katana Overload!
Two Furries for Sister Sara
A Streetcar Named Furry
A Furrwork Orange

I believe thats all the one I wrote in there lol.

:)

Kamunt

Mar 19, 2010
Well, that was different. I'd almost forgotten that Halloween is just around the corner, haha. The law book gags were hilarious. Which sucks for my little brother in the next room. (Hope he isn't a light sleeper.)
16 pages of (mostly) wangst.