Game Dogs: Voice of the People

Frankfurter4444

Aug 11, 2009
The new direction this show is going in is interesting, though I gotta say I liked the other version of Bob a lot more than this one.

Penguinplayer

Mar 31, 2009
This one is pretty disappointing.

Also, what the hell are they marketing?
But, maybe it's just one of Gary's crazy ideas.

WOLVERINES!

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
*deep breath*

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

Sorry guys,this series has always been kinda mediocre, recently it had started to look halfway decent but this was just a massive step backwards.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
Anyone else hear the people in the background while the voices were being recorded? Either get a sound proof studio or shut the hell up while recording.

Balaxe

Mar 24, 2009
The episodes need to be a bit longer and have better jokes or there shouldn't be a third season.

Litchhunter

Apr 16, 2010
Two words this show needs to look up, "comedy" and "plot", because it's doing neither of them right.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
hmm I gotta say that's the first Game Dogs I've ever seen that felt...short o-o

That Peanut Butter Latte sounds delicious but I get the feeling it's better on paper than it is actually. Kinda like a Fanmade Silent Hill.

someotherguy

Nov 15, 2009
MasochisticMuse said:
Stop making these. It's embarrassingly targeted at gamers the same way that Cooking Mama is embarrassingly targeted at women, and it's insulting to our intelligence that the only "hook" for this series is the fact that the characters are dogs. I mean, just the title of the series itself "Game Dogs"... just so generic. Stop it. Just stop.
I can agree, but how is a show insulting to your intelligence? I always find it hilarious when people say that.

Kanda

Feb 19, 2010
I don't understand anything that happened in the episode? Was it suppose to be funny? Where are the punchlines? Seems like I'm not the only one

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I seem to be getting a Samuel L Jackson Vibe from the sword dog.
I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERF&#&ING DOGS IN THIS MOTHERF*%&ING GAME!!!
well, not in that way, I actually like this series. It's better than Apocalypse Lane was.

fKd

Jun 3, 2010
what? is your comedy bone broken? AL was gold. the rooster told me so, so it must be true!

Oyster^^

Dec 27, 2008
I'd have to say it's still better than the first season, if only because it's edited faster, with less ridiculously long pauses between the mediocre punchlines.
I don't mind the war movie references with bob, but the "smells like victory one" here was pretty fail. All that dialogue was gross leading into it.
The episode with the russians is still definitely the best for me.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
...It's getting harder to keep liking this show, especially with other new(ish) shows like Extra Credit and Doraleous and Associates getting so good within their first seasons... and I still miss Mr. Yee.

Seriously, I like the characters on this show, but it's getting hard to keep wanting to follow it when the show keeps stumbling around like this. A consistent storyline would be nice.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
Oyster^^ said:
I'd have to say it's still better than the first season, if only because it's edited faster, with less ridiculously long pauses between the mediocre punchlines.
I don't mind the war movie references with bob, but the "smells like victory one" here was pretty fail. All that dialogue was gross leading into it.
The episode with the russians is still definitely the best for me.
I agree, none of the jokes in this episode had any punch to them, or even a tickle for that matter. I didn't even entirely understand the whole "smells like victory" thing. He fed the boss peanut butter as a military tactic? Wasn't very clear, could've been allot funnier, or funny at all... this is definitely better then season one, but dammit, they need to stop stumbling around with all these different story elements and stick with ones that are actually funny... LIKE THE RUSSIANS!

Seriously, they got the right idea with the Russians, they have the best material and they're not using them! In fact, I could've and did think of a dozen different ways that last episode with the lawyer calling the game critique could have been used to progress some kind of storyline that would tie all the other story elements together, but they're completely reluctant to do anything of the sort. As a result, you get episodes like this one that make little sense, have nothing to do with the already presented ideas and have no real jokes.

EDIT: Sorry if that feels a bit "ranty" but I'm getting a little impatient with this show.

Debatra

Kaedanis Pyran
Sep 6, 2008
Best part of the series for me was the Season 2 Promo. Only time in the entire series I laughed since the pilot.

I mention this even though it is irrelevant to this episode in order to point out that getting one laugh each season when comedy is your goal is a sure sign you need to quit.

Jan 15, 2010
I'm sorry, I'm glad that you guys gave this series a second chance. To be honest it just doesn't hit my funny bone. Stacked against: Zero Punctuation, Unskippable and Doraleous it can't hold it's ground.

I'll keep checking on Game Dogs every once in a while cause I should always expect a show to surprise me later on (Apocalypse Lane *cough).