Game ideas

cricketlenny

Nov 19, 2010
Every once in a while, you see a game, and you realize that its an unoriginal overhyped piece o' crap, and you think to yourself, "if i could makes games, i would have way better idead than these people". Nows your time to tell the world. Whats an idea for a game that you think would be good?

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Nobody will do it (with the exception of Alpha Protocol), so I feel it's up to me to make a Western RPG set in modern times.

I have no idea on what the plot, story, or characters will be... but one step at a time.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
I am reminded of the extra credits episode

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/2443-So-You-Want-to-be-a-Game-Designer

The key thing they hit right on the head is A: making games is more like work than fun and typically a labor of love, and B: coming up with game ideas is really not the hard part of making a game, almost everyone has an idea for a game.

Im sitting on at least 20 or so that I basically lack the time and know how to put them together the way I want and not a lame impression of what I want.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
I'm not sure if I want to share my ideas. They could be stolen. *glances around suspiciously*

cricketlenny

Nov 19, 2010
DuctTapeJedi said:
Rock, Paper Scissors, the MMORPG.
http://www.weebls-stuff.com/games/Rock+Scissors+Paper+Multiplayer/

They already did that. not sure if it works anymore though.

waive

Sep 12, 2010
I would like to do an action 2d side scroller gamer with art work all completly hand drawn, scratchy, and gothy, and when you kill enemies it looks like a red ink stain that stays on the paper and there graphic kinda burns out.

It should be over the top and extreme in nearly every shot and attack, and it's combat should be dynamic, complex, and intuitive.

It's main character is female, the lead bad guy isn't a corporate super giant, tyranicaly government, or satan, and at some point you can say you killed a squid penguin armed with a flame thrower that shot burning husks of CoD scripts at you.