Game of Lady Bones

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Revolutionary said:
I think at a certain point disfigurement becomes a logistical problem for the make-up department
Sandor Clegane would like a word with you.
Also, Hannibal (a show with a much, much smaller budget than GoT) manages to to some really fucked up shit 13 episodes a season. Why couldn't Game of Thrones make characters look like what they're supposed to look like?

ShinobiJedi42 said:
They'll probably make Lady Stoneheart all sexy-like too even though she's supposed to be frighteningly hideous.
I expected her to arrive in episode three or four. I'm really worried we haven't seen her yet.
Thoros was supposed to resurrect her three days after her death. It's been weeks in the show already. Cat's corpse would be in very bad shape by now.

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
Zhukov said:
Tyrion's scar kinda bothers me though. In The Books[sup]TM[/sup] he gets a sizeable chunk of his face hacked off. In the TV show he has a line on his cheek. Once again, there's only so much they can do with makeup, but I'd have thought they could do more than that.
To give Tyrion a huge "holy shit he's seriously disfigured" scar on his face Peter Dinklage would probably have to spend hours every day in the make-up chair and it could make it very hard for him to act well; the make-up would probably restrict how well he'd be able to move his face, damaging the quality of his lines.

It's most likely a decision made because to go down the heavy make-up route would mean a major character spending hours in make-up, meaning it takes longer to finish his scenes - which could risk the production overrunning the tight time-scale tv shows work on - and making his lines difficult to hear - especially bad since Tyrion seems to be at the centre of most of the important plot points in this series.

XDSkyFreak

Mar 2, 2013
For a 10 episodes per year I don't think schedule is a major factor in this ... they have the time to pull off the makeup at least in some cases (Clegane and Worf are some examples). I may see why Tyrion is ok-ish as his face does need to be fully expresive for his lines to work. But Theon? God that kid can't act to save his life ... he's bland, boring, and worst: he fucking looks not like a broken ruin of a beeing, lowered to below even a fucking dog, but rather like Theon going "oh please don;t hurt me, I am so scared, look I'm shaking and looking all bland and trying to hard to stutter in my speech ... this is how broken people act, right?"

As for Lady Stoneheart ... I do not think we'll be seeing her in this. I don't think they will do what needs to be done with her because quite honestly that shit doesn't sell on tv so well anymore, everyone will think they are trying to steal something from that other famous show and ... IMO: she isn't that important in the books either ... she doesn't really do much ... yeah she makes sure some people get justice (the sick and twisted justice of George R.R. Martin), but none of those people are actualy important to the plot that much. Maybe the next books will give her more, idk. Any way they seem to be devoting more focus of the show right now on setting up the big grand end season massive battle coupled with unexpected death of a major character (well that and fucking spoiling the white walkers and removing all mystery from them by giving them a clear cut leader and motivation). Oh and for all the whinners out there on the internet that are so lazy or so illiterate they can't read a fucking book:
IT'S NOT TYRION