Game Of The Year

BladesofReason

Jul 16, 2008
I've played some good games this year but I'm going to definitely give it to Assassin's Creed 2. I rented it expecting to play through it but I liked it so much that I bought it even though I was almost done with the story. I felt like it was just so good that I ought to own it.

The production value and the effort that clearly went into the game is just impressive. Plus there's just so much to do and find!

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
Assassin's Creed 2 or Dragon Age: Origins will be GOTY if the gaming industry and gaming society has any justice in it.

Klepa

Apr 17, 2009
My personal Game of the Year is definitely Dragon Age: Origins. I'm having multiple orgasms playing it. Thought I'd let you know. When I got it, I spent four days playing it for 12 hours a day, until I finished it. After I had finished, I ate some food, had a smoke, and rolled a new character.

I think a lot of magazines will give MW2 the glory.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Speaking of Cryostasis, I've got that installed on the laptop but haven't played it yet. It pretty good? Seemed like it would be.

As for my game of the year man I can never say. I don't even know what I played the first part of the year.

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
It's a draw between inFAMOUS and Batman Akrham Asylum with Uncharted 2 and MW2 as runners up.

scaledriver

Sep 22, 2009
MW2 just didn't do it, Borderlands was way too easy even in co-op. Need to buy AC2 but i'm not that into single player games.

L4D2 has given the most fun in LAN play wish there were less people online with it as it lags bad due to traffic.

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
This is a tough one, But Modern Warfare 2 so far. Excellent campaign and excellent online.

xChevelle24

Mar 10, 2009
How did Modern Warfare 2 not even make it on to this list?

Nothing, nothing can even compare to the Campaign and multiplayer that that game has. Most games have one or the other, but this game has both, and they are both done better than every other game out there.

KhaineII

Sep 21, 2009
We know it's going to be MW2. It broke a crap load of records. Plus, large fanbase, regardless of upset boycotters.

It's inevitable, Mr. Anderson.

EDIT: Whoops. What I think should be GOTY. Hrm, it's a tie between DA:O and L4D2, because watching my friend play AC2, it looks like AC, but repackaged and with shinier graphics.

Jonesy911

Jul 6, 2009
Batman Arkham Asylum or Assassins Creed 2 or Dragon Age, fuck it I can't decide, they all win!

Jonesy911

Jul 6, 2009
KhaineII said:
We know it's going to be MW2. It broke a crap load of records. Plus, large fanbase, regardless of upset boycotters.

EDIT: Whoops. What I think should be GOTY. Hrm, it's a tie between DA:O and L4D2, because watching my friend play AC2, it looks like AC, but repackaged and with shinier graphics.
No you've got it all wrong, the games are completely different, the only thing they kept from the old game is the way you move around the city, even the assassinations are completely different.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
Batman AA,
Dragon Age: Origins
or
Assassin's Creed (being able to play it in French has been so sweet so far, plus the game has been really fun too).

I haven't played Uncharted 2, but from what I've read/heard from friends it should probably be on that list.

I still think Batman AA should win it.

KhaineII

Sep 21, 2009
Jonesy911 said:
KhaineII said:

No you've got it all wrong, the games are completely different, the only thing they kept from the old game is the way you move around the city, even the assassinations are completely different.
Meh. It looked like jumping from roof to roof, stabbing some people in slightly different ways, and some twists on assassination missions.

It's still the same premise, just a little further down the timeline. Plus, the new Altair looks retarded. That cape is annoying. Plus armor and weapon repairs? Ugh, what a tedious add-on.

Oh, on the topic of weapons, swordplay looks like the same repetitive crap. Deflect, deflect, deflect, counter! Deflect, deflect, deflect, counter! So, yeah... not GOTY in my opinion.

Maybe a rental. They can't have my $60 CDN though, they got that for AC. I see this as an expansion pack really. So I'll pay my $8, do my playthrough, then bring it back.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Dragon Age: Origins or Assassins Creed 2

Modern Warfare 2? Really, I enjoy it.. but there are way too many god damned military games.

Borderlands? Gun lovers wet dream with hulking mercenaries to kill with them. I admit, I like blowing up things, but.. Why?

lazy_bum

Mar 25, 2009
of the games i have played personally i would say HALO:ODST. my only complaint is it is too short, and if thats my only complaint then they're doing something right.

khululy

Aug 17, 2008
Haven't bought many games this year.

But I hope for the DS it would be China town wars and Bowser's inside story
And For the PC Batman Arkham Asylum,Dragon age: Origins or maybe Borderlands.
Not really into FPS so CoD MW2 is not big on my list.

As for best indie games I say Trine although torchlight is also quite fun. (got my hopes for zombie driver as well. looks like fun).

ZlagarX

Sep 15, 2009
Well my vote goes for MW2 or Batman:AA, these are the games I have had most fun with. But AC2 would probably be up there if I had gotten around to buying it.