Game Of The Year

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
For me it's either Dragon Age or Assassins Creed 2. Modern Warfare was good, but there's just not enough content compared to those two to give it an edge.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Did TF2 come out this year? I dont think it did, it was prob last year // Well in that cast it will have to be Batman: Arkham asylum, hands down // It have wonderful game-play, beautiful environments and the most important thing is of course the voice acting // I could listen to the Joker over the intercom all day and never get bored =3

-M

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
Wet... CONTROVERSIAL.
No, I hear all the problems with it. It's hard to tell where enemies are until they shot you a few times, the platforming is a bit leap of faith and the QTE cutscenes are beyond daft. I mean, the ending... they should've done some rage mode thing to get into the castle and had the end bit as a cinematic. I don't want to tap Y ffs, just get on with it.
But you know what, I had fun playing that game. More pure fun than I've had playing a game in a long time. Come on, ballsing about in a room, shooting and cutting people up while rocking out to psychobilly? Awesome.

Rakkana

Nov 17, 2009
Just in time dragon age took it for me cause im a dirty nerd who likes fantasy RPG. it had the best gameplay, i had the most fun and i was never ever bored. yay for dragon age!

Numb1lp

Jan 21, 2009
Dexter111 said:
Batman:AA clearly xD

Dragon Age for best RPG, because it basically is the only High Profile one that isn't a JRPG xD
Batman was good, but I don't think it was Game of the Year good.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines has been my game of the year for five consecutive years now.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
minxamo said:
so borderlands gets my vote, even though i don't have it yet
Which is a moronic comment to make...

It's good but it's certainly not GOTY good...

lordkosc

Jan 27, 2008
midnightalone said:
Did TF2 come out this year? I dont think it did, it was prob last year // Well in that cast it will have to be Batman: Arkham asylum, hands down // It have wonderful game-play, beautiful environments and the most important thing is of course the voice acting // I could listen to the Joker over the intercom all day and never get bored =3

-M
Believe it or not, TF2 was out in Fall 2007.

The bad thing about GOTY , is most people only focus on the games that come out in the fall/ early winter.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
lordkosc said:
midnightalone said:

-M
Believe it or not, TF2 was out in Fall 2007.
2007?!? Damn has it real been that long! Well time flys when you are killin blues

-M

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Rakkana said:
Just in time dragon age took it for me cause im a dirty nerd who likes fantasy RPG. it had the best gameplay, i had the most fun and i was never ever bored. yay for dragon age!
Dragon Age is like an MMORPG in some ways.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
It's between Arkham Asylum and Assasin's Creed 2 at the moment.

I like MW2 a lot but it doesnn't have all that much SP content and the multiplayer gives me herpes.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Dawn of War 2?

Nah, just kidding.

Braid.(The PC version was 2009)

If you really wanna be a dick and say that doesn't count, Mirror's Edge.

And no, I am not kidding. If you disagree, it must be because you suck at the game and you don't know brilliance when you see it.

macatombe

Mar 8, 2009
I'm saying borderlands for now. But I haven't played Assassins Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2 or Dragon Age: Origins yet.