Game of Thrones Abridged: "Breaker of Chains" - Thenns Hate Potatoes

Jan 12, 2012
Christer Jonsson said:
Lil_Rimmy said:
Wait, does Matt just carry several belts with him at all times?

"Gee, I can't see to get these pants to stay up!"
"MATT LEES TO THE THE RESCUE!"

*coconuts clopping*
Preparing for a Tyranid invasion.
I would have thought "Rob Liefeld sleeper agent", but that works too.

OT: I miss Strong Belwas, and the Thenns who were actually an organized society; It was nice to things that undercut the stereotypes that people in books had (every pit fighter is a monster/all the wildlings are savages).

Jan 12, 2012
tangoprime said:
Alex Laird said:
Thanks god, I thought I was the only one who noticed Littlefinger's weird Irish/Cornish/Pirate accent on the boat!
Yeah, this bit had me laughing my ass off, because at that point in the episode I was REALLY trying to not laugh at his ridiculous, out-of-nowhere accent. Right after that part of the episode, one of my friends asked if that was supposed to be some sort of twist about Littlefinger's background and I lost it.
I was talking with my friends about this, and they reminded me of something from the books:
Littlefinger is from the Fingers, a backwater bit of rocky coast on the edge of Westeros; he was a lord so minor that he had all of 20 people in total serving him. (This has already come up as the reason why people 'trust' him; he doesn't have any great armies or vast funds, so people think he's relatively helpless.) That accent is his natural voice, before he adopted the cultured accent of the court to further his political ambitions.

TheBean66

May 18, 2010
I wanted to repeat this, since I deleted my Facebook, and my initial comment disappeared.

But seriously, these aren't funny. They're quite the opposite...