Game of Thrones Abridged: Season One - Nothing to Lose Your Head Over

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
Now that was amusing - would like to see him do one of those for every single episode of the series

Nokturos

Nov 17, 2009
That was about as bad as I was expecting. I guess he realized he was dreadful at writing jokes, and just went for quantity over quality.

Helikaon

Sep 18, 2012
I think some people are missing the point a bit here.

The aim was never to have a summary of the story, If that's what you were expecting you're going to be disappointed.

Matt's abridged videos have always been about just having a bit of fun. The E3 abridged videos didn't follow the "storyline" of the conferences, they were just an excuse to have a bit of a laugh, and it's no different here.

There's nothing wrong with the synching, that's not the point either. Bad Lip Reading has got that bit covered.

Perhaps this type of humour isn't your thing, and that's fair enough. But I for one don't always need to have "clever" jokes to have a laugh.

Keep up the good work Matt, I'm enjoying it!

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Falterfire said:
I'm disappointed in this mainly because it felt less like an abridged series and more like a series of disconnected jokes. I haven't actually seen Game of Thrones and was really hoping this would have more to offer in the way of explanation. Something more like Dragonball Z Abridged or Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged where the series stands on its own without needing to have first seen the original work.
Pretty much what I was expecting. In America!

I laughed in places though, not gonna' lie, but I was expecting something far more coherent and longer.

jimmiusmaximus

Mar 19, 2014
uanime5 said:
The 8 bit version of Game of Thrones was a better abridged series than this. This video was little more than immature humour added to random clips from the show with no explanation as to why these scenes were important. The least an abridged series should do is summarise the main plot.
This seems to be the attitude of a lot of people. I don't think you have ever seen any of Matt's abridged conferences.

and on a side note, the DBZ and YGO abridged videos are absolute tosh. Just saying.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
webkilla said:
Now that was amusing - would like to see him do one of those for every single episode of the series
Agreed.
I thought it was a bit weird they had the Bran - Cersei/Jaime scene a minute in, and after that it just plowed through the season.

I don't see why he couldn't have done an episode per episode. With the rate this is going he's gonna outpace the show faster than the show can outpace the books.....

Carrots_macduff

Jul 13, 2011
would have preferred more than 1 episode per season, not necessarily 1 abridged per episode but maybe 3 or 4 per season. but i realize you want to be ready for season 4 so whatevs. i enjoyed it

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Matt Lees said:
Season One - Nothing to Lose Your Head Over

In Season One of Game of Thrones, we get to see Horse Lords, political intrigue, and magical coconuts. Plus, not a single person is beheaded.

Watch Video
Amusing work as always. But I am most concerned with whether we will get to see Matt do lunges in another gaming expo (preferably Escapist)!

DeManix

Jun 7, 2010
This was great stuff Matt, as usual. If people never watched the brilliant E3 Abridged videos from Videogamer (Go watch them!) then you may not have understood what this was aiming for, but as a continuation of that concept, this was excellent. I do agree it was a bit quick though. The 'episode per episode' thing should be better for Season 4, but it might be fun to go back to the first 3 seasons when that's over and do full episodes for them. That would be awesome.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
Matt, you are a very silly man.

Nipples, na-na-nipples, na-na-nipples, na-na-nipp!

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Falterfire said:
I'm disappointed in this mainly because it felt less like an abridged series and more like a series of disconnected jokes. I haven't actually seen Game of Thrones and was really hoping this would have more to offer in the way of explanation. Something more like Dragonball Z Abridged or Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged where the series stands on its own without needing to have first seen the original work.
This.

It was funny, in that it made me smile, but it didn't really at all feel like an abridged series.

Two suggestions:

1) Get some more voice actors. You can do several voices, sure, but not all of them.

2) Don't try to sum up whole seasons. Not even to catch up quickly. Part of the charm of an Abridged Series is getting a (twisted) version of the plot.

Seriously, look at SMA (Sailor Moon Abridged) or any of the Abridged series mentioned above.

Eric BTK

Nov 29, 2013
I haven't seen a single episode of GOT yet because I was already engaged in other relationships. However the video made me consider the possibily to start watching it. If the second episode is as funny as this one, I'm in.

The Mighty Thesaurus

Lumen timeo
Feb 23, 2010
Bara_no_Hime said:
Falterfire said:
This.

It was funny, in that it made me smile, but it didn't really at all feel like an abridged series.
That's because it's not trying to be a Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged clone. It's more along the lines of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOxdMQhDMIU

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
That was pretty funny.

Why do they call the show Game of Thrones? That's like calling the Harry Potter movies 'Philosopher's Stone'.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I read the books after I had seen the first 3 series. Needless to say, I knew Stark was going to loose his head, because Sean Bean.

I love these. More.