Game of Thrones Characters Compared to U.S. Political Figures

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
I see Al Gore as more of Cersei Lannister. No politician is in the same league as Eddard Stark.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
I was chuckling for a little bit, and then I hit the Tyrion/Colbert comparison. It's such a stupid sentiment that it sullied the rest of the funniness for me.

algalon

Dec 6, 2010
After Stephen Colbert was talking about spreading his seed to college campuses around the country tonight, he sounded more like Tyrion than ever.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
This is... glorious.

Mind you, the political figures don't quite match the characters, but it's still amusing to say the least.
WanderingFool said:
Ive never seen Game of Thrones, but if this is in anyway correct, ill laugh my ass off while driving to the movie store to buy the show on DVD.
It is correct in broad strokes. Also the show contains more stabbing and prostitutes.

Okay, just more stabbing.

...just watch the show, alright?

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
Not really giving a shit about my countries politics and even less about america's, I went though this mostly stone faced...until i read the climate change one. Thank you for making my fairly shitty day, a little brighter.

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
I was with you up until Daenerys was cast as Sarah Palin. Then ya lost me. Otherwise? Not bad.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
endtherapture said:
What happened to original version, I originally saw this:

HODOR!!

Oh wow, you literally (and I do mean the correct usage) had me rolling on the floor and laughing. Well done, Sir/Ma'am, my neighbors now resent me.

Danarok

Oct 19, 2008
For those of us who are not american, could we get some names to go with those faces? Apart from Obama, Palin and Clinton, I have not got a clue who any of them are.

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
Danarok said:
For those of us who are not american, could we get some names to go with those faces? Apart from Obama, Palin and Clinton, I have not got a clue who any of them are.
Top to bottom: Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Ron Paul, Barack Obama, Stephen Colbert, Sarah Palin, Bill Clinton, Al Gore and George W. Bush.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
How could someone compare Daenerys with that retarded woman? Even as a joke it isn't funny.
Yea, do you think Sarah Palin would throw herself at the fire to earn the trust of Arabs? xD

Eric Morales

Dec 6, 2011
Nikolaz72 said:
Adam Jensen said:
How could someone compare Daenerys with that retarded woman? Even as a joke it isn't funny.
Yea, do you think Sarah Palin would throw herself at the fire to earn the trust of Arabs? xD
Maybe not but she's welcome to try.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Baresark said:
Haha, very witty. Though the part of me that follows politics is a bit insulted by the reductionist views of some of the political figures. But, it's all in good fun, none the less.

Edit: I would put John Stewart instead of Steven Colbert. He jokes just as much, but few TV personalities are as knowledgeable about politics as he is. I like Colbert, but he is a small fry compared to John Stewart. That dude does his homework.
I think that the only reason Colbert was used instead of Stewart is because of the fact that Colbert formed this SuperPAC Americans for a better tomorrow, tomorrow.

Urameshi13

Jan 18, 2011
Know how I can tell this came from some random person on the internet? Pretty much just bashes Republicans.

Because that's what we need these days, more partisan douchebaggery.